It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect Charged With Murder of Women Burned To Death in New York Elevator Over $2000 Debt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I was searching for the original post on ATS and could not for the life of me find a follow up about this mans arrest, so sorry if this has been mentioned at all elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

It turns out this was all over a measly $2000 debt he claimed she owed him for work. What a monster to do this to any person no matter what they have done, let alone just over a bit of money.

When I read about this murder the other day I was horrified, but unfortunately not surprised. Thank God he has been caught (assuming off coarse that it is in fact him)

A New York man suspected in the death of an elderly woman who was set on fire in the elevator of her Brooklyn apartment building over the weekend was arraigned Monday on charges of murder and arson. Jerome Isaac, 47, is being held without bail, according to the Brooklyn District Attorney's office, and is scheduled to appear in court again on Friday. He wore a white jumpsuit and did not speak during the arraignment. The left side of his face appeared to be badly burned. Isaac's attorney requested his client receive medical attention and be placed in protective custody because of the "publicity and the nature of the offense." Isaac is accused of attacking 73-year-old Deloris Gillespie. He told police Gillespie owed him $2,000 for work he claims he did for her, said NYPD Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne. He turned himself in to police overnight Saturday or early Sunday morning.

May the victim rest in peace. I'm sure this guy will burn in hell, but until then hopefully we will speed up his trip there, although he seems obviously mentally unstable so a death sentence might not be an option (sorry does New York execute?) I hope so anyway.

The full article is here - edition.cnn.com...
edit on 10/10/2011 by clintdelicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
You should never harm or kill anyone over money.

But a "measley $2000" is like $2M to a junkie. I suspect he was a drug addict given what he did.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
ya this was in the paper today, he set fire to his own apartment, and then hid on the roof for a day before turning himself in.

sounds like drugs to me.

new topics

join