It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck vs Ron Paul on Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by rogerstigers

There is a bid for a palestinian state if they get their way you can be damn sure that the west is sure to follow.

This is the final step to global governance. If Israel is taken, so does the west.

The worldwide banking consortium under the guise of "democracy" has been trying to establish global governance for over two centuries and has failed miserably. What makes you think that Islam can convert or breed enough people to do it via religion?

Also, if they seriously wanted this, why would they even bother with Israel? It would be easier to skip Israel and convert everyone else, then come back to Israel with a global force.
edit on 12-21-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

By taking Israel.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Let them run their own show and see how it pans out. Israel said, after all, they don't need our intervention. We can't afford to get involved with their problems anyway.

By the way, there's been more instances of radical Jewish terrorists attacks on US soil than Islamic between 1980 and 2005 (7% vs 6%, tell Tiffany to look that one up). Beck says America didn't cause 9/11 (directly or indirectly). Ten years later this is still highly debatable, too.

Israel has nuclear power. I'm sure they're fully capable of protecting themselves. We have enough on our plate within our own borders and playing police of the world can only last so long before we're finished.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

By taking Israel.

You actually don't care much about convincing people, do you? You should know that I have no reason to be a supporter of Isreal. I am neutral. You know I have no religious bias and find the actions of christianity as reprehensible as islam or judaism. Your arguments are circular... How is a secular nation (the USA, for example) supposed to justify an interventionist foreign policy based on support for Israel when there is nothing to back it aside from religious arguments and hyperbole about hypothetical boogymen?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I am a fan of Ron Paul, but where he worries me is foreign policy.

I think he has good ideas and all but I don't know if thats what we need now.
I would have voted for him 4 years ago.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I am a fan of Ron Paul, but where he worries me is foreign policy.

I think he has good ideas and all but I don't know if thats what we need now.
I would have voted for him 4 years ago.

What exactly worries you about his foreign policy and why? This is why I think his foreign policy is OUTSTANDING:

You said you strongly support Israel, so do I. But if you believe Israel is God's chosen people, then what good could we possible do that God can't? I think that we need to worry about our own nation and let Israel be sovereign without our government meddling in their business constantly. God will take care of Israel, that is guaranteed.

We are taking the same path that the Soviet Union took, and ancient Rome; if we want to really attack radical Islam we need to hit them where it hurts, financially. That his how they are hitting us.

Energy independence would prove far more successful to our well-being than more wars in the Middle East; their governments fund them with the oil profits and foreign aid we give them.

This is exactly why I've been turned on to Ron Paul; if you think about the repercussions of his foreign policy, it makes just as much sense as his economic policies.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Neutral is cool with me. I am just trying to make you think of the implications of what would happen.

How many people on ATS slander Israel on a daily basis? How many of them and many of them would say the same thing about Iran?

Point is that the rhetoric these people are using towards Israel is violent, (not you). How many people here just on this site talk that way about Iran?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Neutral is cool with me. I am just trying to make you think of the implications of what would happen.

How many people on ATS slander Israel on a daily basis? How many of them and many of them would say the same thing about Iran?

Point is that the rhetoric these people are using towards Israel is violent, (not you). How many people here just on this site talk that way about Iran?

Truth be told, I am neutral on Iran as well, just wasn't bringing it up because it was a bit off topic for the thread. *shrug*

Honestly, all I see is ego-centric humans behaving badly, which is what happens when people start getting a whif of power.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

I agree, but the nature of the beast is that we have had those before Obama and Ron Paul who have gone into countries like Iraq, so unfortunately, we are in a situation here.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

All politicians are suspect.

They do not care.

We are alone here.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Agreed but I don't see Israel doing anything other than holding a position that is defensible.

I don't think we should play games with them either, the more we do the worse it gets.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I agree, but the nature of the beast is that we have had those before Obama and Ron Paul who have gone into countries like Iraq, so unfortunately, we are in a situation here.

Yeah are situation consists of filling the planes and boats with gas, and heading straight home.

We are in a situation, and its the possible collapse of our currency if we don't stop it immediately!

What good is our foreign policy going to do us, once it makes us a 3rd world country?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

We don't have to let it come to that.

Unfortunately no politician that I can see is going to help that, and I disagree with Beck about Bachman, she might know a thing or two but she is not a leader and it would be a cold day in hell when she gets elected.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

We don't have to let it come to that.

Unfortunately no politician that I can see is going to help that, and I disagree with Beck about Bachman, she might know a thing or two but she is not a leader and it would be a cold day in hell when she gets elected.

Indeed. Idealists that get elected generally result in people like your avatar. A little pragmatism would be nice now and then.
edit on 12-21-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Agreed, I think the point is, were F#ed. But it might be a good thing, if we could rally people and help them get their heads together.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
It took me a minute to figure out this was not comedy.

I love how Beck says Ron Paul is wrong then goes on to say the EXACT same things Ron Paul has said. So let me make sure I got this right...

Beck agrees that our foreign policy has been a failure, that we should get our troops off these bases in the Middle East and stop occupying their land, and that we have stuck our nose in other people's business and it needs to stop. Yet, Ron Paul is wrong because he believes all these years of our actions had a consequence? So Beck believes that a Country can do all these things and not have any kind of blow back?

This boys and girls is what us old timers call, "Talking out both sides of your mouth".

Glen Beck, just as much of a joke today as he was when he was on FOX.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I think he was saying that we need anybody but Obama. Ron Paul would be a better candidate, but a vote for Ron Paul counts against a more mainstream candidate. So the party would be divided once again, even amongst liberals who are in favor of Ron Paul and that Obama would get a second term by default.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

reply to post by MrWendal

Ron Paul would be a better candidate, but a vote for Ron Paul counts against a more mainstream candidate. So the party would be divided once again, even amongst liberals who are in favor of Ron Paul and that Obama would get a second term by default.

mainstream media has gotten a grip on you man...

Ron Paul is going to do 3x better than the media says, the more people who vote the better, the establishment will have to go with out votes in a huge victory.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I am always fascinated by the 'polls' pundits like Beck like to quote. He says 70% of people in the middle east want to kill all Jews? Where the hell did he get that information? The 'middle east' is a region made up of many countries, for a start, and who conducts these 'polls'.......complete BS, he then goes on to build an argument upon this lie, as if it cannot be questioned. People everywhere want to live their lives in peace, that includes the many diverse peoples populating the countries in the middle east. Glenn Beck is pure propaganda, period.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I don't know how you come to your conclusions. But to me it seems like you have you head somewhere the sun don't shine. The state of Israel is an aggressor, and has been since it's inception after WW2, the people of Palestine are being treated like animals, and are resisting as any people would. Other Arab nations see the plight of the Palestinians and support them, this is a natural reaction. The US supports Israel because of the power of the zionist agenda in Washington, this is folly, and propaganda spewers like Beck try to drum it into the American peoples heads on a daily basis that "70% of the middle east want to kill Israel", this is absolutely ridiculous. You should read a little history, get out a map, and take a look at what's really happening here, it's not that bloody hard to see the truth.
edit on 21-12-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join