It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take bites of your pizza so it takes the shape of a gun? Suspended

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The IQs of those people has now reached sub zero level.

Boy disciplined after waving gun-shaped pizza slice

For the rest of the semester, a Rutherford County elementary student has to eat lunch at the "silent table" for allegedly waving around a slice of pizza some say resembled a gun.

Nicholas Taylor attends David Youree Elementary School in Smyrna, about 30 miles southeast of Nashville.

School leaders say the 10-year-old threatened other students at his lunch table with a piece of pizza with bites out of it so it looked like a gun and when asked about it was initially not truthful.

Nicholas' mother LeAnn calls her son's punishment "absolutely ridiculous" saying he was just playing around and never said anything derogatory or anything about shooting anyone.

"The kid across the table from him said it looked like a gun so he picked it up and started shooting it in the air," she told Nashville's News 2 Investigates.

That and lying to a teacher, but still.

And those people teach kids...teaching them about being a bunch of over sensitive prudes maybe.
edit on 20-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

That is just too much!!! Threatened by slice of pizza! Hilarious. It's the pizza monster. Do these "educators" ever get enough of taking themselves so serious?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
-Sigh- When will the ridiculous stuff here ever ends? I mean we have kids arrested over a pizza and now people calling for a military occupation over a child's death

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Champions of discipline there!

Who knows, maybe the kid with the "pizza gun" was making fun of another kid who happened to have influential parents.

Just read the article... and the kid's punishment is pretty benign. He only has to sit at the silent table for about a week. After all, the semester is almost over.
edit on 20-12-2011 by xFloggingMaryx because: figured I should read the article...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Probably Dominoes...That stuff will kill anyone.

Not as fast as a gun but guaranteed it'll do it slowly...But surely...

People are getting stranger by the day out there. Very concerning when ATS seems to have more sanity than the outside World huh?

Peace
edit on 20-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You know the times you wish you would have done something different than you did?

I would have wound up wishing I took another bite out of my pizza, turning it into a live grenade an tossing it into the teacher's face.
edit on 20-12-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It is a sad day when something like this is news..

and it is.....

sad damn days for sure...

/sigh....

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
It is a sad day when something like this is news..

and it is.....

sad damn days for sure...

/sigh....

Did you expect news like this or sties like this to be shown to the public...

edit on 21-12-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Wow... I expect to hear in a few months a kid biting the stem off an apple and throwing it to be arrested for being a 'treat.'

Its just kids being kids... people need to lighten up and stop trying to punish every stupid 'dangerous' behavior.

Remember when I was a kid we had actual gun shaped toys, with that little smoke popper you put in it so it mad a 'pop' sound when you pulled a trigger.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well I'm speechless. These are the people educating children you say? Well than I guess I will have to homeschool my kids, not to say I have any.
Then again, I am mildly surprised they didn't call a SWAT team and give the kid years in prison, and then call in a psychiatrist to help the kids disturbed by some pizza.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xFloggingMaryx
Champions of discipline there!

Who knows, maybe the kid with the "pizza gun" was making fun of another kid who happened to have influential parents.

Just read the article... and the kid's punishment is pretty benign. He only has to sit at the silent table for about a week. After all, the semester is almost over.

I figured I should add one more thing about my first line, since someone doesn't grasp the concept of sarcasm.

Whenever I use the word "champion" it usually means "failure".

Anyway, about the article: At first I didn't agree with the teachers punishment because the title of the thread said he was SUSPENDED for waving a pizza shaped like a gun. But he wasn't suspended. He just had to eat lunch at a separate table for a week. I mean, how is that even news?
Plus, the punishment was more about the fact that he was making fun of another kid than it was the fact that he had a pizza shaped like a gun. The article seems to have skewed the incident making it seem that it was only about the pizza.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by xFloggingMaryx
Plus, the punishment was more about the fact that he was making fun of another kid than it was the fact that he had a pizza shaped like a gun. The article seems to have skewed the incident making it seem that it was only about the pizza.

Except that

James Evans, spokesperson for the Rutherford County School District, said the boy isn't being punished because he had a piece of pizza shaped like a gun.

He's being punished because "some students reported he was making some threatening hand gestures, that he was shooting other kids at the table and they reported it to a teacher," according to Evans.

(emphasis added)

and

In addition to lunch at the silent table, Nicholas has spent time with the school resource officer learning about gun safety.
(emphasis added)

and

Taylor said the school system has made it clear that if her son eats his pizza into the shape of a gun again and there is a similar occurrence, he will be suspended.

Sounds like it was entirely about the pizza gun.

These ludicrous stories seem to be coming with greater frequency. Boys are being punished for telling their friends a teacher is cute and now threateningly pointing a slice of pizza. Parents had better get these schools under control, quickly.

What is almost frightening about this story is thinking that, had this mentality existed 40 years ago, my friends and I would likely have been imprisoned for shooting each other with cork guns and BB guns. Even when we lost the corks, we would stick the end of the gun in the ground and shoot dirt clumps at one another.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

I think that's whats so confusing. My brain just can't make sense of the fact that those adults would make such a fuss about something so silly as a slice of pizza chewed into the shape of a gun. Maybe that's why I'm like, "There MUST have been something else."

But apparently not... it was just the pizza. And my brain is turning to mush.

I mean, hell, at my old high school, I know of one kid who got away with bringing an actual pistol to school. So the idea of a kid getting punished for a slice of pizza that resembles a gun... just does not compute.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Im sure none of you have ever looked down the piping hot barrel of a pizza gun

new topics

top topics

join