It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian scientist: The solar system is moving into a new energy “zone” that is transforming the

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I agree that the Huffington Post article is not credible. Particularly the part where the author says the Russian government just "let him in" to a secret research city where a scientist of some stripe confirms all his 2012 theories.

I also went off to read the original paper (you can read it here)

summary of original paper
* says there's magnetic fields in space and they're thought to help birth stars
* says there's one around (near) our star
* says the one around our star is poorly studied
* says the field around our star is tilted differently than the general field around our galaxy (both of which have always been here.)
* says these fields affect the shape of our solar system and the particles that stream into it
* they used Voyager's data to explore it
* says they looked at the transition point from this "heliosheath" to the rest of the galaxy
* says, in concluding "We analyse the effects of non-stationarity and numerical resolution on our estimates of the magnetic field orientation and find them to be negligible."

So the original author did not understand the paper. He saw "magentic field" and "angle" and tied it together with his own books in a promotional effort.

This isn't science and it isn't reality based. You can read the paper for yourself at the link above.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I should cite this as well

The Sun moves relative to the
Local Standard of Rest at 13.4kms21 in the direction of Galactic
rotation, 29 km s21 in the radial direction, and 3.7kms21 in the
vertical direction. The cloud of material that surrounds the Sun
moves in the Local Standard of Rest in a nearly perpendicular
motion. The result of these two motions is that we observe interstellar
material flowing towards the Sun, called the interstellar wind.

Again, nothing income, no new energy being added. The gases and materials surrounding the sun appear to be nearly perpendicular and as a result we see the "interstellar wind" flowing toward the Sun. Just as it has always done.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TotallyFEDup88

Dear TotallyFEDup88,

I watched the videos and was not convinced. Having said that, today, I watched a video by Lyndon LaRouche (not a supporter, I just scan a lot of news articles and such). He stated basically the same thing and it was not the focus of the video by any stretch. Here then is my question, when is the last time that we went through this field and how was that represented on the Mayan Calendar. I am not a believer in 2012; but, wouldn't it be interesting if that when we are in this area was the beginning and the end of the Mayan calendar?

I will throw this out there. NASA and others are predicting massive solar flares next year capable of taking out the electrical grid, what if the flares were expected to be bigger because we are in an area that causes them to be bigger, such as the area we are entering? I am not sure of what I believe; but, I thought that I would toss these out at you. Peace..

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TotallyFEDup88
reply to post by karen61057

What about an increase in these natural disasters?

The increase is knowing about them andor the occurrence of them spread via mass media via the internet, t.v, the way they are reported etc.

maps.grida.no...

Note: the link agrees with what i said then for some reason contradicts itself. Why? I really cant say.

To give you an example:

100, 50, 25 years ago a flood hits rural India, the flood is huge but not many people there to note it. To you, thousands of miles away this flood never happened...as far as you know. today this is not the case.

Also, adding to what the link stated about population and man made structures, we tend to measure these events in terms of the damage they produce but this damage is really emphasised in man made structures destroyed and people effected by them. If that is an accurate way to measure them then we would conclude that in the past these disasters almost never happened since they did not damage artificial structures but this is delusional.

Here is another link:

www.livescience.com...

I saw this coming with the 247 cable news broadcasts as opposed to more localized news that people were used to. I guess it just all boils down to perception.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Not fabricated, he exists. You are correct.

Alexey Nikolaevich Dmitriev

profile in Russian, bad google translation

ESTABLISHMENT OF THE RUSSIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
State Public Scientific-Technological Library of the Siberian Branch of the RAS

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://www.spsl.nsc.ru/~m1-way/dmitrv.htm

His original site at the

United Institute of Geology, Geophysics and Mineralogy SB RAS

630090, Novosibirsk, Russia
Ac. Koptyug Ave, 3
UIGGM SB RAS
www-sbras.nsc.ru/eng/sbras/copan/welcomep.html

is no longer online, but Wayback Machine from archive.org has a copy, under google translate

tinyurl.com/ced82w7
edit on 29-12-2011 by xecoybh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xecoybh

Thank you for that. But you know the response from the debunking squad will be something like: "OK he exists, but so what?", as is usually the case when we debunk the debunkers.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

forget the debunking squad ,good work.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

To recap:

1. The Huffington Post writer didn't lie and fabricate the scientist as you claimed. We debunked that.
2. The "energy cloud" exixts. It is more commonly and correctly known as the "Local Interstellar Fluff'".
3. The Solar System is currently moving into this "cloud".
4. More importantly, your constant deflection and moving of the goal post will fail.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xecoybh

Thank you once again for exposing the ongoing incredulity of some of our members.
Vive le resistance!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Always remember - our solar system is NOT the CENTRE OF the UNIVERSE.

Throughout the course of planet Earth's existances, which may be of millenias, our solar system revolves around our milky way galaxy, which in turn revolves around 'something else' unknown yet to mankind. The true centre of the Universe has yet to be found.

Stars born and die on a regular basis, as our current scientific knowledge, limited as it is, comprehends. Physical debris can be observed by current known monitors, and seen throught our deep space telescope, which is of limited range.

But what about TRUE energies unknown yet to man, left behind when stars die or when they are created, which our galaxy,solar system will eventually pass through? Does any scientist worth his salt DARES claim our currently known Periodic Table has ALL the elements of the entire Universe listed there?

It's good to have at least some understanding on science. But it would only be mankind's folly, if not a disaster, to presume our current level of scientific entittles us as ' Masters of the Universe', and to put absolute faith in it, the way catholic priests had hung any rational man whom claimed the world as round as a heretic.

We are indeed living in interesting times, if we can put our act together and survive this journey on spaceship Earth.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

1) I said that I had not found any published articles by Dmitriev. It was demonstrated that he has indeed published work. Contrary to the claims in the Huffington article, Dmitriev is not a "space physicist" he is a "Doctor of Geological and Mineralogical Sciences". Contrary to the claims in the Huffington article, Akademgorodok is not a "clandestine scientific research city", unless you consider clandestine to mean well known.
en.wikipedia.org...

2) It is not an "energy cloud", it is a cloud of matter. Very diffuse matter.

3) The Solar System has been within the cloud for thousands of years.

4) None of this provides any reason to believe that anything is "TRANSFORMING THE MAGNETIC FIELDS OF THE PLANETS".

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Originally posted by Phage

We are not passing through any "new energy"... The solar system is passing through a cloud of interstellar fluff (the remnants of supernovae) and has been for a few thousand years (at least). It has no appreciable effect on the Sun, Earth, or our satellites.

Oh, the "Russian scientist" has never been found to exist.
edit on 12/21/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

All wrong. Everything you said.

reply to post by Phage

2) It is not an "energy cloud", it is a cloud of matter. Very diffuse matter.

It is a cloud of matter held together by a strong magnetic field just outside the solar system

strong magnetic field just outside the solar system," "This magnetic field holds the interstellar cloud together...a wispy mixture of hydrogen and helium atoms at a temperature of 6000 C...
science.nasa.gov...

3) The Solar System has been within the cloud for thousands of years.

According to NASA we are just now entering this highly magnetic Local Interstellar Cloud and that it could have an effect on Earth's climate.

"Using data from Voyager, we have discovered a strong magnetic field JUST OUTSIDE THE SOLAR SYSTEM," explains lead author Merav Opher, a NASA Heliophysics Guest Investigator from George Mason University.

Astronomers call the cloud we're running into now the Local Interstellar Cloud or "Local Fluff" for short.

The fact that the Fluff is strongly magnetized means that other clouds in the galactic neighborhood could be, too. Eventually, the solar system will run into some of them, and their strong magnetic fields could compress the heliosphere even more than it is compressed now. Additional compression could allow more cosmic rays to reach the inner solar system, possibly affecting terrestrial climate...
science.nasa.gov...

Translation: "The higly magnetic cloud, just outside our solar system, the cloud we're running into now, the highly magnetic energy cloud that astronomers call the Local Interstellar Fluff, could compress the heliosphere thus allowing for more cosmic rays to reach the inner solar syatem, possibly affecting terresrial climate."

"Voyager data show that the Fluff is much more strongly magnetized than anyone had previously suspected—between 4 and 5 microgauss*,

science.nasa.gov...

4) None of this provides any reason to believe that anything is "TRANSFORMING THE MAGNETIC FIELDS OF THE PLANETS".

Really?

edit on 5/15/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

edit on 5/15/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

4) "Dmitriev" says we are just entering this "energy cloud". We have been within the interstellar fluff for thousands of years.

5) "Dmitriev" does not seem to exist. It is odd that an "esteemed space physicist" would not have any peer reviewed articles published. How does one become esteemed without doing so?

Does that help?
edit on 12/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

No it does not help. Each statement has been proven false.

First, NASA states we are just now entering the Fluff as well.
Second, Dmitriev does exist.

Third, you denied ever having said that you believed Dmitriev did not exist:

1) I said that I had not found any published articles by Dmitriev.

No: You said:

It would be nice if you got your story straight.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

1) I said that I had not found any published articles by Dmitriev.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

It is a cloud of matter held together by a strong magnetic field just outside the solar system
Yes. It is not an "energy cloud" it is a cloud of matter.

According to NASA we are just now entering this highly magnetic Local Interstellar Cloud and that it could have an effect on Earth's climate.
We are currently in an interstellar cloud and have been for thousands of years. The quote you provided is talking about other clouds which would be encountered in the future and what may occur when we do.

The fact that the Fluff is strongly magnetized means that other clouds in the galactic neighborhood could be, too. Eventually, the solar system will run into some of them, and their strong magnetic fields could compress the heliosphere even more than it is compressed now.

Your "translation" is wrong. We have been in the cloud for between 1,000 and 40,000 years.

Even more recently, ∼40,000/nHI,0.2 years ago, the Sun entered the cloud now surrounding us, the LIC. Within ∼4,000 years the Sun will exit the LIC.

arxiv.org...

Really?

Yes, really. The solar wind prevents the charged material of the fluff from entering the Solar System.

edit on 5/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Yes, you are correct. I did say that.
At that point I seen no evidence that he existed. I was later shown otherwise. I was wrong about that.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

We are currently in an interstellar cloud and have been for thousands of years. The quote you provided is talking about other clouds which would be encountered in the future and what may occur when we do.

We have been in the cloud for between 1,000 and 40,000 years.

Even more recently, ∼40,000/nHI,0.2 years ago, the Sun entered the cloud now surrounding us, the LIC. Within ∼4,000 years the Sun will exit the LIC.

arxiv.org...

Astronomers call the cloud we're running into now the Local Interstellar Cloud or "Local Fluff" for short.

edit on 5/15/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

ETA:

Why does the NASA article say we're running into it now instead of saying we have been in it for 1,000 to 40,000 years.

Are we talking about the same thing?
edit on 5/15/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: Edit To Add

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Astronomers call the cloud we're running into now the Local Interstellar Cloud or "Local Fluff" for short. Different cloud.

Same cloud.
Local Interstellar Cloud = LIC

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Why does the NASA article say we're running into it now instead of saying we have been in it for 1,000 to 40,000 years.

Are we talking about the same thing?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Because we are running into it and have been for thousands of years.
Here's the image from the article. Does it look like we are just entering the cloud?

The solar system is passing through an interstellar cloud that physics says should not exist. In the Dec. 24th issue of Nature, a team of scientists reveal how NASA's Voyager spacecraft have solved the mystery.

science.nasa.gov...

These observations show that our Sun is moving through a Local Interstellar Cloud as this cloud flows outwards from the Scorpius-Centaurus Association star forming region. Our Sun may exit the Local Interstellar Cloud during the next 10,000 years.

apod.nasa.gov...

During the past few million years, wispy filaments of interstellar gas have drifted into the Local Bubble. Our solar system is immersed in one of those filaments--the "local fluff," a relatively cool (7000 K) cloud containing 0.1 atoms per cubic centimeter. By galactic standards, the local fluff is not very substantial. It has little effect on Earth because the solar wind and the Sun's magnetic field are able to hold the wispy cloud at bay.

science.nasa.gov...

Currently, the Sun is passing through a Local Interstellar Cloud (LIC), shown in violet, which is flowing away from the Scorpius-Centaurus Association of young stars. The LIC resides in a low-density hole in the interstellar medium (ISM) called the Local Bubble, shown in black.

apod.nasa.gov...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join