It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian scientist: The solar system is moving into a new energy “zone” that is transforming the

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TotallyFEDup88

Questioning the source of the article, which is actually over ten years old here, is who is Dr. Alexey N. Dmitriev - Professor of Geology and Mineralogy, and Chief Scientific Member, United Institute of Geology, Geophysics, and Mineralogy, Siberian Department of Russian Academy of Sciences? If you go to their site, his name cannot be found anywhere as far as I could tell. But maybe he once worked there and no longer does... It couldn't be this guy, as he belongs to a totally different organization. And so, the article seems interesting but nailing down who this Dr. Dmitriev has proven to be difficult for me anyway. Maybe someone else will have better luck finding more.

reply to post by Aletheia007

Just curious... Have you not noticed the T&C of this website, or the blatantly obvious text above your post block before responding to others here? It certainly doesn't seem like it. manners and decorum, "txting" shorthand in posts, etc. Just don't want you to "look like an idiot" or anything.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

When you reply to someones post claiming one thing make sure you get your facts right. telling someone that if they post something without understanding it makes them look like an idiot is far different than actually saying they are an idiot.....

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

there are always changes happening. Just simply saying that is like saying nothing.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TotallyFEDup88
I hope this hasn't been posted but I haven't seen anything on this topic. The article was written back in '09 I believe but Earth colliding with this new energy is supposed to be happening NOW! During this week of Xmas!!

Today at work, Co-workers and I were discussing some thoughts on fragile Earth and whats happening to not only our planet but other planets in our solar system. This conversation got pretty deep and 1 employee started talking about this new energy our Solar System is colliding with. So I dug into some information regarding his belief.

indianinthemachine.wordpress.com... forming-the-magnetic-fields-of-the-planets/

The article states this increase in energy emission will change the basic nature of all matter in the Solar System.

Just wanted to share this with everyone and get some more info and input from all you ATS members!

This may help explain why there is such a huge change in volcanoe activity, earthquakes and definitely changes with our Sun.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

edit on 20-12-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

What changes ? We have always had earth quakes and volcanos and the Sun pretty much looks like it always has so I ask again, what changes?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Is this what you are referring too?

The solar system's up-and-down motion across our galaxy's disc periodically exposes it to higher doses of dangerous cosmic rays, new calculations suggest. The effect could explain a mysterious dip in the Earth's biodiversity every 62 million years. The solar system moves through the Milky Way rather like a child on a merry-go-round. It completes a circuit of the galaxy once every 225 million years or so but as it goes it bobs up and down through the dense galactic disc. Previous research had suggested this motion might affect Earth's climate as the solar system passes through the giant hydrogen clouds concentrated in the galaxy's spiral arms. Some researchers have said these clouds could be dense enough to sprinkle the Earth's atmosphere with dust, blocking out sunlight and cooling the planet.

www.newscientist.com...

Hey K-Dog, whats up?
I saw a mention of this on a program on the discovery science channel just a few weeks back. Very interesting. With these long cosmic cycles there are probably many things we dont know about that have happened and will happen again.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aletheia007

WHAT IS A PHOTON BELT? how does it work what is the maths behind a photon cloud..?

Don't even worry about it. Photon belts are so last season anyway.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

What about an increase in these natural disasters? Like I said earlier I had overheard this through an employee which caught my attention. I looked it up and wanted to get other peoples opinion on this. Im not saying I know everything or anything about this. A little input on this subject from ATSers would be appreciated. (With your sources and credentials)

Could this new energy we are passing through have an effect on the sun? Which could effect Earth or our satellites?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

What increase in natural disasters? There are more people on Earth so more people are affected by natural disasters and news travels farther and faster now but...what increase?

We are not passing through any "new energy". There is no such thing as "the photon belt". The solar system is passing through a cloud of interstellar fluff (the remnants of supernovae) and has been for a few thousand years (at least). It has no appreciable effect on the Sun, Earth, or our satellites.

Oh, the "Russian scientist" has never been found to exist.
edit on 12/21/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

mmm very Interesting, a couple days ago there was this weird neutron emission increase. Strange cosmic emission
maybe it's a posibility.

edit on 21/12/11 by elpistolero1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear TotallyFEDup88,

Please go back and look at the source and his source. Neither appears credible and where is their proof that these things are true, where are the names and sources that can be checked?

Earth Passing Into the Cosmic "Energy Cloud"
2010/10/28
By Lawrence E. Joseph | huffingtonpost.com

On Christmas Eve, 2009, the startling hypothesis that our Solar System, the Sun and all its planets, are moving into a potentially dangerous and destabilizing interstellar energy cloud, was resoundingly sustained. In their research paper, "A strong, highly-tilted interstellar magnetic field near the Solar System," published the December 24, 2009 issue of Nature, a highly respected scientific journal, M. Opher et al report on data transmitted from Voyager, the twin spacecraft that have been exploring the outer reaches of the Solar System since 1977.

"We have discovered a strong magnetic field just outside the solar system. This magnetic field holds the interstellar energy cloud together and solves the long-standing puzzle of how it can exist at all," says Opher, a NASA Heliophysics Guest Investigator from George Mason University. He explains that this energy cloud is at least twice as strong as had previously been predicted and that the Solar System has begun to pass into it, adding that this field "is turbulent or has a distortion in the solar vicinity."

In fact, most scientists had either minimized the possible significance of the interstellar energy cloud or dismissed the whole notion of its existence altogether. But not Dr. Alexei Dmitriev, the esteemed Russian space physicist whom I visited in Akademgorodok, a clandestine scientific research city outside of Novosibirsk, Siberia. In my recent book, Apocalypse 2012: An Investigation into Civilization's End, I detailed Dmitriev's conclusions, based on his team's analysis of Voyager data, that the atmospheres of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are inexplicably excited -- immense storms, mammoth eruptions, plasma arcs jetting from the planets' surface to their moons. He reasoned that this turbulence is caused by an external injection of energy into the planets' atmospheres: to wit, an interstellar energy cloud which the leading edge of the Solar System has now entered.
www.redicecreations.com...

A strong, highly-tilted interstellar magnetic field near the Solar System
M. Opher, F. Alouani Bibi, G. Toth, J. D. Richardson, V. V. Izmodenov & T. I. Gombosi
www.nature.com...
edit on 12/22/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: color

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

science.nasa.gov...
Voyager Makes an Interstellar Discovery..................
December 23, 2009: The solar system is passing through an interstellar cloud that physics says should not exist. In the Dec. 24th issue of Nature, a team of scientists reveal how NASA's Voyager spacecraft have solved the mystery..............

................."Using data from Voyager, we have discovered a strong magnetic field just outside the solar system," explains lead author Merav Opher, a NASA Heliophysics Guest Investigator from George Mason University. "This magnetic field holds the interstellar cloud together and solves the long-standing puzzle of how it can exist at all.".............

The fact that the Fluff is strongly magnetized means that other clouds in the galactic neighborhood could be, too. Eventually, the solar system will run into some of them, and their strong magnetic fields could compress the heliosphere even more than it is compressed now. Additional compression could allow more cosmic rays to reach the inner solar system, possibly affecting terrestrial climate and the ability of astronauts to travel safely through space. On the other hand, astronauts wouldn't have to travel so far because interstellar space would be closer than ever. These events would play out on time scales of tens to hundreds of thousands of years, which is how long it takes for the solar system to move from one cloud to the next.

Seems some folks took this and blew it all out of portion. Like Phage said–the "Russian scientist" has never been found to exist.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

This may help explain why there is such a huge change in volcanoe activity, earthquakes and definitely changes with our Sun.

Can you properly annotate this supposed increase in earthquakes and volcanoes? I am not aware of any huge change and I am monitoring activity daily. Perhaps I have missed something?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
He He,
Hellooo Puterman

earthquakes = galactic plane traversing?
Well of course it does

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

There is no "energy cloud". As I said there is interstellar "fluff", the remnants of supernovae which occurred millions of years ago.

The term "energy cloud" is psuedoscientific drivel, as is "photon belt". The fluff cloud is about 30 light years wide, the solar system is in it and has been for thousands of years.

edit on 12/22/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

There is no "energy cloud". As I said there is interstellar "fluff", the remnants of supernovae which occurred millions of years ago.

The term "energy cloud" is psuedoscientific drivel, as is "photon belt". The fluff cloud is about 30 light years wide, the solar system is in it and has been for thousands of years.

edit on 12/22/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I'll have to refer you to the author Lawrence E. Joseph at huffingtonpost.com. His title, not mine.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Yes, I know. His Huffington blog.
He is a pseudoscientist.

Author, "AFTERMATH: A Guide to Preparing for and Surviving Apocalypse 2012

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
its getting stronger, do you feel it??

the sun is spitting out new particles that are having an effect on radioactive matter here on earth according to purdue and stanford universities...

the human body has at least 8 radioactive elements in it... when they change, we change!!

1 Corinthians 15:52-
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

this vid is worth a watch-

www.youtube.com...

and also, if you haven't seen it, this is worth a cookie- david wilcocks: 2012 enigma- divinecosmos.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Dear this_is_who_we_are,

Much appreciated. I will read the links you provided. Peace.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
Like Phage said–the "Russian scientist" has never been found to exist.

Alexei Dmitriev has never been found to exist? Who has found that he has never existed? Is Lawrence E. Joseph at Huffington Post a liar when he says he met with him:

Dr. Alexei Dmitriev, the esteemed Russian space physicist whom I visited in Akademgorodok, a clandestine scientific research city outside of Novosibirsk, Siberia. In my recent book, Apocalypse 2012: An Investigation into Civilization's End, I detailed Dmitriev's conclusions, based on his team's analysis of Voyager data...
www.redicecreations.com...

Is this story fabricated?

A strong, highly-tilted interstellar magnetic field near the Solar System
M. Opher, F. Alouani Bibi, G. Toth, J. D. Richardson, V. V. Izmodenov & T. I. Gombosi
www.nature.com...

Why do I even bother trying to backtrack to the subject of the thread? OK, I'll do it:

Are you saying the Solar System is not passing through this "Interstellar Fluff"? We won't argue semantics, Fluff, Energy Could, whatever.

Your argument is thus:

1) We are not passing through an "Energy Cloud".
2) There is no Energy Cloud
3) If there was, it's called Interstellar Fluff
4) And even if we are passing through this "Fluff", Dmitriev's information should be disregarded, since it was cited by a "pseudoscientist" at Huffingtonpost.com
5) And besides that, Dmitriev doesn't even exist in the first place.

So what are we left with. Just a gaggle of people standing around scratching their heads wondering what just happened...

edit on 12/23/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: gaggle

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Is Lawrence E. Joseph at Huffington Post a liar when he says he met with him:

Yes, I believe he is. Akademgorodok is hardly "clandestine".
Someone who would write a "A Guide to Preparing for and Surviving Apocalypse 2012" would be a liar.

No, Opher's article is not fabricated. It is about the interstellar fluff.

1) What is an "energy cloud"?

2) Please tell me what an "energy cloud" is.

3) The interstellar fluff is not an "energy cloud"

4) "Dmitriev" says we are just entering this "energy cloud". We have been within the interstellar fluff for thousands of years. The effects which "Dmitriev" claims have nothing to do with the fluff.

5) "Dmitriev" does not seem to exist. It is odd that an "esteemed space physicist" would not have any peer reviewed articles published. How does one become esteemed without doing so?

Does that help?
edit on 12/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join