It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Εξέδυσαν με

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Рождение Христа

Οι "ανθρωποι" βάζουν στον πλάστη τους και Θεό στέφανον εξ ακανθών, του δίνουν να πιεί όξος, τον ραπίζουν, εμπτύζουν, τον καρφώνουν και στο τέλος τον τρυπούν με την λόγχη.
Μ. Παρασκευή. Ψάλλει ο Πρωτοψάλτης Καβαρνός Kabarnos Νικόδημος .Βυζαντινή μουσική
First concert in Ag Sofia Η πρώτη Συναυλία στην Αγ.Σοφία Κων/πόλεως με την βοήθεια της τεχνολογίας.Holy Hymns Kabarnos Καβαρνός Μ.Εβδομάδα 2008. Ύμνους Μ. Εβδομάδας.Easter.

дломци са концерта византијске музике у Црној Гори.
byzantine music

Појац: КАБАРНОС НИКОДИМОС.
Исократи: Буцис Јоанис, Јоргос Савас.
Режисер: Алесандро Спилиотопулос.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
After they had mocked Him, they took the scarlet robe off Him and put His own garments back on Him, and led Him away to crucify Him.

scripturetext.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
i thought this was an english based site

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
translation please... i would greatly appreciate it... thank you

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411

translation is within the third quote and within the link provided.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hmmm.... That makes more sense than the fabled stories I have heard

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
i thought this was an english based site

English is not the international language. The international language is in fact mathematics and mathematics does incorporate the Greek or should i say ancient Greek based algorithms amongst others. But i do understand and respect your reply.

peace.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

No offense intended but regardless of you reasoning the site T&Cs clearly state this is an English speaking site as well as the required OP personal statement on the post in the OP.

That said I will watch the video and attempt to put the little translated part you posted into context which is something you should have done as well.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I take that back. Grab those arms and break em off.
edit on 20-12-2011 by xacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Now that I have viewed the video and as pretty as it is, it still does not answer anything posted in English context wise. Therefore until an explanation is given in English this thread is a blatant disregard for the T&Cs for ATS. As a spiritual thread I am interested in what it is about and I am Assuming it is from a Greek Orthodox Church but without being able to read it it is wasted space. What I think I got out of it is that it is an Easter celebration of the crusafixion which does not make sense as this is the time of the birth celebration. Why post a Death celebration?

Εξέδυσαν με

Thread title translated from Greek:
Exedysan with

Рождение Христа

Russian translation:
The Birth of Christ

Οι "ανθρωποι" βάζουν στον πλάστη τους και Θεό στέφανον εξ ακανθών, του δίνουν να πιεί όξος, τον ραπίζουν, εμπτύζουν, τον καρφώνουν και στο τέλος τον τρυπούν με την λόγχη.
Μ. Παρασκευή. Ψάλλει ο Πρωτοψάλτης Καβαρνός Kabarnos Νικόδημος .Βυζαντινή μουσική
First concert in Ag Sofia Η πρώτη Συναυλία στην Αγ.Σοφία Κων/πόλεως με την βοήθεια της τεχνολογίας.Holy Hymns Kabarnos Καβαρνός Μ.Εβδομάδα 2008. Ύμνους Μ. Εβδομάδας.Easter.

Greek Translation:
The "people" put the rolling pin and God crown on thorns, give him to drink vinegar, the spanker, emptyzoun, the pin and end pins and the lance.
Good Friday. Chanted the Chanter Kavarnos Kabarnos Nicodemus. Byzantine music
First concert in Ag Sofia The first concert in Saint Sofia Kon / city with the help of technologias.Holy Hymns Kabarnos Kavarnos Holy Week 2008. Hymns Holy Week. Easter.

дломци са концерта византијске музике у Црној Гори.
byzantine music

Појац: КАБАРНОС НИКОДИМОС.
Исократи: Буцис Јоанис, Јоргос Савас.
Режисер: Алесандро Спилиотопулос.

Serbian Translation:
dlomci concert of Byzantine music in Montenegro.
byzantine music

Singer: KABARNOS Nikodimos.
Isokrati: Bucis Joanis, George Savas.
Directed by: Alessandro Spiliotopulos.
edit on 20-12-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

No offense intended but regardless of you reasoning the site T&Cs clearly state this is an English speaking site as well as the required OP personal statement on the post in the OP.

That said I will watch the video and attempt to put the little translated part you posted into context which is something you should have done as well.

Rightly pointed out, but given that the forum is title as Offtopic:Religion,Faith and Theology does contradict the T&C since this particular section of the site hopes to open discussions that obviously incorporate a broad spectrum of religions that have as a foundation everything other than the English language, therefore some form of leniency should apply when one decides to open a thread or actually engage the community within this section regarding theology or anything associated with it. The term theology is in itself a greek word, so i guess you and myself both are correct and as such it is left upon us as intelligent people to overcome such formalities and move forward into a positive interaction with the obvious goal to interact and learn from one another.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Originally posted by Agarta

Rightly pointed out, but given that the forum is title as Offtopic:Religion,Faith and Theology does contradict the T&C since this particular section of the site hopes to open discussions that obviously incorporate a broad spectrum of religions that have as a foundation everything other than the English language, therefore some form of leniency should apply when one decides to open a thread or actually engage the community within this section regarding theology or anything associated with it. The term theology is in itself a greek word, so i guess you and myself both are correct and as such it is left upon us as intelligent people to overcome such formalities and move forward into a positive interaction with the obvious goal to interact and learn from one another.

I agree with you but by doing so without a translation you limit the discussion within the theology and belief systems to only people that know all four languages used. As you can see above I translated the 3 non English posts for clarity but I still am unsure even knowing the translations what the thread is about unless it is about the celebration itself. As I love to hear and listen to spiritual chants and music of spiritual nature I found it beautiful but I am still confused as to it timing ie an Easter celebration at Christmas.
edit on 20-12-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

This may help,

have you ever asked yourself why the greek orthodox priest's wear black robes

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Even though the title of the video is misspelled(it should have been Βυζαντινή Μουσική Απολυτίκιο Χριστουγέννων) I get the jist of it as Christmas hymn Byzantine Music. Again beautiful, as it recounts the light of the world coming to human form.

I was under the understanding that they wore/wear black(riassas) as a representation of the absence of light within the physical world separated from the light of God. Also the Death and Morning of the Christ but I do realize this is mostly a Western thought as white is for death and morning in the East. If this is incorrect and you know please clarify it for me.
edit on 20-12-2011 by Agarta because: spelling errors

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

To begin with and i must make it clear as i am no theologian by profession as my profession is strictly within the digital world at the most darkest corner that no light is able to see let alone be listed on any search engine. Sadly and i do stress sadly that the world has alienated itself so much from shifting the gear lever into neutral that it cannot and will not understand what it means to simply " relax ". The constant marketing and subconscious strategy of consuming has been seeded so deep that people assume that such days are only meant for purchasing goods and exchanging an item for an item rather than actually sitting back and contemplating what we are actually doing and how our diverse interaction affects other humans.

The black robes worn by priest are upon my knowledge the constant morning of Christ and are only to be changed when he presents himself to his people.

As i am currently with many online forums at this very moment your question or a fraction of your very question is also being asked by other people not only at this time of year but on a constant level. Keep in mind, my online interaction begins from vegetable farming to ( topics not allowed by t&c ) terms in here, so yes, it seems that we all share a common interest and sadly the net CAN and IS so masterfully directed that people assume that its free and neutral.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Agarta

To begin with and i must make it clear as i am no theologian by profession as my profession is strictly within the digital world at the most darkest corner that no light is able to see let alone be listed on any search engine. Sadly and i do stress sadly that the world has alienated itself so much from shifting the gear lever into neutral that it cannot and will not understand what it means to simply " relax ". The constant marketing and subconscious strategy of consuming has been seeded so deep that people assume that such days are only meant for purchasing goods and exchanging an item for an item rather than actually sitting back and contemplating what we are actually doing and how our diverse interaction affects other humans.

The black robes worn by priest are upon my knowledge the constant morning of Christ and are only to be changed when he presents himself to his people.

As i am currently with many online forums at this very moment your question or a fraction of your very question is also being asked by other people not only at this time of year but on a constant level. Keep in mind, my online interaction begins from vegetable farming to ( topics not allowed by t&c ) terms in here, so yes, it seems that we all share a common interest and sadly the net CAN and IS so masterfully directed that people assume that its free and neutral.

You brought a good arguement-reply with a very deep meaning which will take me a while to start to understand yet has given me a point of awareness of our simple and single mindedness, wow is what I say.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I have heard of that a long time ago. I didn't remember till you mentioned it though. They may not have to wait much longer. By my calculation the rapture if it happens like many think, we may only have to wait another 2 and a half years as we have passed the first year of the first tribulation.

Then again if they expect to be wearing those robes till Jesus returns then they do not believe in the rapture so they may be waiting another 6 years.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Then again if they expect to be wearing those robes till Jesus returns then they do not believe in the rapture so they may be waiting another 6 years.

Yes , the rapture and its signs are very real, real. As a digitized person i am seeing things that simply should not be happening and before anyone decides to test my faith or integrity, well you can reach me on multiple accounts far and wind.

As for accounts, i am referring to k's within the digital world and this only the start.
edit on 22-12-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodofWar411

translation is within the third quote and within the link provided.

sorry,..i am a bit stoopid can not find ..so
is.. thats that you presented a serbian or greek church in there or are those the one and the
same
as for montenegro that one(ess)..its not their very own ...i think
It is not The Montenegrin Autocephalic Orthodox Church
www.montenegro.org...
The Montenegrin Autocephalic Orthodox Church functioned independently until 1920. With the destruction of the Kingdom of Montenegro, the Church of Montenegro suffered the same fate. Following the illegal annexation of Montenegro by Serbia (1918), and through Serbia into the Kingdom of Yugoslavia, in 1920 the Montenegrin Orthodox Church was abolished uncanonically by King Alexander Karadjordjevic. Even after that, it continued to exist in some places abroad, for instance in Detroit, U. S. A., where in 1923, the Independent Montenegrin Orthdox Church Saint Vasilije Ostroski was still performing baptisms (see a complete birth certificate from that time as well as a detail of the seal on that certificate). After the time of King Alexander's decree all the Montenegrin monasteries, which guard the rich cultural heritage of the Montenegrin nation and state, have been in the possession of the Serbian Orthodox Church, whose assimilatory projects have become increasingly aggressive since the disintegration of Yugoslavia.

In today's Montenegro there are three main religious faiths: Eastern Orthodox, Catholic and Muslim. Although Eastern Orthodox Christians are predominant, Montenegrins of all faiths have always lived together and continue to coexist in a multi-religious society based on many shared values. Montenegro's existence at the boundary between West and East has resulted in a highly complex cultural and religious mixture. Some churches even have two altars, one Catholic and one Orthodox.

Following the centuries-old tradition of popular election of the Montenegrin Metropolitans, on October 31, 1993 in Cetinje, the ancient capital of Montenegro, the people of Montenegro elected their own Metropolitan, His Holiness Antonije Abramovic. His Holiness was the Vladika and spiritual leader of the renewed Montenegrin Autocephalic Orthodox Church until his death in 1996. The new Vladika is Miras

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nii900

To fine tune you question one must ask again before we even begin to ask is the fact that an Orthodox is only a single entity without any side lines. If one is to mention being that he or she is an orthordox means he or she believes in one particular guideline and nothing more nothing less.

join