It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proper Research. Please Read.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Does anyone on here do proper thorough research on these conspiracies for a serious hobbie or living?

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Wed Dec 21 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb
Does anyone on here do proper thorough research on these conspiracies for a serious hobbie or living?

Please provide your definition of:

Proper

Thorough

That way we can provide an answer within the scope of your ideas.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Many people will answer "yes" because they consider "research" to be looking at other websites and watching youtube videos.
IMHO there is not a single shred of original "research" here at ATS.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
So in a way where you constanly follow up on news. You put clues together and find answers for yourself. Not just taking other peoples words for it. You sit down everynow and again and go over notes and find link between certain clues/evidence etc.. if you still dont know what I mean please tell me

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

Dear curiousrb,

I don't think you can do serious and proper research on the internet. Old school research analyst here. Within every field there is a different set of criteria for what proper research is. For the social sciences (and therefore Conspiracy Theories) one would have to go to the original documents as did Mr. Carroll Quigley. Part of the problem is that without original documents or at least mass produced books (so that we can determine the are not being changed) one cannot due truly complete research. Having said that, casual research of a high caliber can be done using the internet; but, each source must be traced back to the original publisher so that their credibility can be determined.

The internet is great for a quick search on a matter or to get directions for what to look at; but, I don't trust much of what is printed on the net. I once did research on a certain military law, I went back through every commentator on the law and untold cases. I found that the "definitive" and original source was misquoted once and then in all the others after. It was minor detail; but, illustrated the need to me to go back to original sources. Peace.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
www.merriam-webster.com...

Definition of RESEARCH
1: careful or diligent search
2: studious inquiry or examination; especially : investigation or experimentation aimed at the discovery and interpretation of facts, revision of accepted theories or laws in the light of new facts, or practical application of such new or revised theories or laws
3: the collecting of information about a particular subject

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's not all that bad. These were both excellent threads where research was done.

To answer your question; no, it's a hobby. But as you get older you realize that we are all dealing with a finite stack of texts from which 'research' is being derived. if you are around long enough, a hobby can turn in to an avocation.
edit on 20-12-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Well said. Maybe I should of related more to the casual research of a high caliber. But I am interested in getting thoroughly stuck into some research about some of the thing that have been said in the recordings of Dr. Peter Beter. I have already read those threads but thank you anyway for the links

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

You must have a special area of interest, then? What is it, if you don't mind me asking? You seem pretty serious about this.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Many people will answer "yes" because they consider "research" to be looking at other websites and watching youtube videos.
IMHO there is not a single shred of original "research" here at ATS.

I personally disagree, I think you will find that there are plenty of examples of original 'research' on ATS. But given the amount of propoganda, scare mongering, disinformation, lies, trolling and general fiction passed off as evidence / fact to wade through first, you might find it hard to find.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Dear curisorb,

I don't know the man's name; but, will take a peak. Peace.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

No I don't mind you asking. I would like to investigate around the Illuminati and as Peter Beter has a lot of knowledge about the Rockfelles who were tied up in wanting to create some sort of NWO I find his infrmation helpful. After that project I will be moving on to Area51 I think.
Hope that helps. Anything else just ask.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

The library is your friend. The internet is a great gathering of sources, but not a place of truth. Research books and places where you might learn more about your subject via the interweb, but by all means, do not use the internet as a sole source for answers.

edit on 20-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

hahahaha. Great pun (is pun the right word?)

top topics

join