It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exodus Earth. How will we leave?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Some day I'll build giant spaceships so the rest of you can leave my planet.
Except for those who wish to stay as caretakers. It pains me to see what's been done to mother earth. Humans are still just fleas on a dog though. Annoying but not a huge threat to the planet, only to life on the surface.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb
That what I was trying to get to also with my post at the top of the thread. Its better to plan early so when the time comes we'll be ready.

Already in the works...

NASA and DARPA Plan ‘Hundred-Year Starship’ To Bring Humans to Other Worlds And Leave Them There Forever
www.popsci.com...

So yawl can get on board and get the hell off this rock... that way we can clean the place up and let nature heal itself.

If I had to leave in a hurry I would head out to Area 51 and use the jump gate to Mars... oh wait... you didn't hear that... just forget I mentioned that

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hollowed out asteroids. Giant colonies made up of hollowed out asteroids and turned into ships. Sent off in different directions and just capture and adapt new asteriods along the journey as is needed. All the resources needed for the journey would most likely be found in the asteriods as well.

Some would fail and some would find a new home. Either way the people left on earth won't know what happens to them in the end and earth would most likely become some kind of legend by the time the colonist found a new home.

Oh. And the people who set off won't be the people who arrive at whichever planet they find. They could be out there for hundreds of thousands of years looking. In fact it might even create a new sub species of human.

edit on 21-12-2011 by steveknows because: Add

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Not sure of the exact prophecy from Nostradamus, but he foresaw "man" entering the atmosphere with Giant ships,
on an Alien Planet.

So, I guess we might leave one day in the future.

First though, we have to survive the perils of war and disease.

No mean task in this day and age.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Not sure of the exact prophecy from Nostradamus, but he foresaw "man" entering the atmosphere with Giant ships,
on an Alien Planet.

Maybe he saw the past... man arriving on THIS 'alien world' from the ARK Noah's Ark

Sumerians believed that the universe consisted of a flat disk enclosed by a tin dome(2). The Sumerian afterlife involved a descent into a gloomy netherworld to spend eternity in a wretched existence as a Gidim (ghost).

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Humans ain't going anywhere. We were born here on Earth and that's where we're staying. Our weak little bodies can't survive the trip. The closest we'll get to traveling any distance in space is via our intelligent machine proxies. Otherwise, we'll eventually be satisfied with virtual representations of fantasy planets fed into our brains. That's okay, though. Turns out real-life planets and moons are pretty boring.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Interesting point of view there, I never thought
about that way.

Good one, out of the box thinking.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Great OP

I'd S & F, but I'm new ... and ... anyway the topic...

I'd be really annoyed if the human race at some point didn't take leaving earth as a serious possibility.

We have moved in all the right directions, if we had transferred the money from war into space exploration, we'd already be sipping Jimmy Cans on the moon.

But alas, we'd rather blow each other to smithereens and stand back when nothings left, just to say... "I'm the last man standing, and I've got about 6 minutes to live . . "

Anyway.. I've contemplated this at times, ... this would be my plan..

We need people to have the knowledge of NASA and all the other ROCKET building companies, all the TOP SECRET fuel information, the stuff we're never gonna get.

If people could access the same info as any of the Space Programs, private and government, then Joe Civilian could be helping better the program.

If people started to get a genuine understanding of the hurdles we face leaving the planet then more minds would be working on a way to "jump" these hurdles.

So we take small community groups and start our own testing, start small, get more an more people involved.

the major limiting constraint is BUDGET, space programs are not "Commercially valuable" YET. But if you scale the tests down, say, don't send a 400ton ship into space, send a 4kg RC into space, with payload delivery and replicate the science at scale.

This will not be as accurate as doing it FULL SCALE, but hell it's gotta lead somewhere.

Then, what you do, is just slowly move the goalposts. So a Program may run like this.

1. Form Group of Like minds
2. R&D
3. Choose a Craft
4. Modify Craft for Space Flight
5. Organize a Network of Amateur Radio Enthusiast to assist in global tracking.
6. Initiate Ground Testing
7. Stratospheric Test
8. Orbital Test and Track
9. Place RC Vehicle in Stable Orbit Around Earth.

This is by no means a conclusive list, as there is much much detail in every step.

Now, the next biggest hurdle, will be... The guys that have the brains saying the guys that don't have the brains can't do it... Well.. Come join us and help.. then we can do anything.. . . .

It's not bloody rocket science after all.... well... maybe it is... but who said you had to be a rocket scientist to shoot things into space.. hehe... Anyway.. that's my simple plan... I can elaborate in my meat and potato's kind a way if anyone's interested.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
the more i see of humans, the less sympathy i have.

and the more i think they should go down with the planet, if it's going down...

sorry...no point in trashing one planet and then going on to trash the next one.

confine humans to this one til they learn how to behave if you ask me...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Sadly I see your point, and it's to some extent the way it is.

I do feel though, that even though there is such an element of Bad that humans do I see everyday wonderful things to, Art, Music, Innovation, philosophy etc.

not everyone is greedy, out to hurt others, vengeful, wasters, liars, cheats, murders, etc etc.

We are just conditioned this way to only see the negative... But if you look around, you will find things that make you see, that the possibility is there for "the right type" of humans to go ... probably not me. . . but I'd like to give my kids a chance before righting them off.

I'm definitely not saying the planet is all sunshine and roses, but the vast majority of the worlds woes, are a direct result of the pursuit of greed by you guessed it....... TPTB.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join