It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exodus Earth. How will we leave?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

We need to start thinking about it though. Start making plans. It's noing going to be done overnight. No way. It will take centuries to plan for such a thing then gather resources then construct then prepare and finally execute the plan

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If the conspirators are right and there are ancient ruins on mars,the moon and other planets in our solar system maybe earth is our last chance !! Maybe our ancestors raped and pillaged and fought there way across the planets and they are all barren wastelands now ? This fragile planet might be our last hope lets take care of it !

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

That's part of my point. We have made huge advances in decoding genetics, mapped out the human genome, and are on our way to curing ailments such as cancer and diabetes. Keeping humans healthy, and curing diseases are what we do. We wiped out the plague, polio, tuberculosis, and chicken pox.

We haven't tried very much to get off this rock, however. A few trips to the moon, and a space station. Whoopee. Now the US have a debunk shuttle craft, and depend upon the Russians to ferry supplies. There's talk of abandoning the ISS. WTF?

Where are the priorities? I hear about seed banks in Norway, but if an asteroid hits it, what good is that? Where's the talk of an off-planet seed bank? Seriously.....

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Sure, we don't NEED to leave, of course. When it's time to plan, however, will it be too late?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

That what I was trying to get to also with my post at the top of the thread. Its better to plan early so when the time comes we'll be ready.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

I say a massive self sustainable spacecraft that allows for cyrogenics possibly. The astronauts wake up in how ever long necessary.
reply to post by curiousrb

That's the current theory....Biostasis, and AI controlled colony ship. We sleep for about 140 years until we reach the nearest one, Gliese 581 d. It's over 20 lya. WE actually haven't found a perfect match for earth. Keplar is searching.....

Precisely, just like in the movie PANDORUM

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb

We need to start thinking about it though. Start making plans. It's noing going to be done overnight. No way. It will take centuries to plan for such a thing then gather resources then construct then prepare and finally execute the plan

Yes indeed...

makes you wonder about the 'conspiracy theories' that state that plans like this are already underway, bases have already been built, and arks are being prepared...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I would not be surprised if this was happening. I would be delighted infact that our race is taking one step further to expand our knowledge.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I would not be surprised if this was happening. I would be delighted infact that our race is taking one step further to expand our knowledge.

Me as well!!

I believe that talk on this subject matter is being taken more seriously and not just shrugged off as 'sci-fi'...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I agree. Us humans are coming to understand that out past science fiction films could be our future reality. And its all come from curiosity

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I agree. Us humans are coming to understand that out past science fiction films could be our future reality. And its all come from curiosity

True. Look at movies like 2012, Avatar, Pandorum, Contact to name a few....

I watched this great YouTube video by Dr. Michio about DIFFERENT TYPES OF CIVILIZATIONS

Please watch it.

He discusses the different levels of life forms in the universe: Type I (have control of Planets), II (have control of a Star), and III (have control of Galaxies), civilizations. Us Earthlings? We are Type O. It will make you do as I have, and re-think the New World Order.
edit on 20-12-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Sure, we don't NEED to leave, of course. When it's time to plan, however, will it be too late?

That's what i was thinking, i mean yea there are efforts to make us as humans more "friendly" to the planet but how do we know that its not already too late? I feel that it would be better to start on a project like this sooner rather than later. Personally, I think for it to actually happen it would need to be government funded. Governments across the planet would have to collaborate and pool their resources in order for this to be possible/successful. Unfortunately I'm not sure how ready the different Governments are for that.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Well the way i see it, we will never get off this rock. Too much bickering, too much greed, too many ego's....
Has anyone thought about the possibility that interstellar travel is impossible?
We (as a race) are born here and we may just die here.. would be fitting..

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
We Don't really need to go too far I think.

Some large wheel colonies in orbit inside the magnetosphere, but off the earth in-case of planetary impact or super volcanoes.

This would be a huge task, we would have to take everything up there with us, recycle everything, even the human body,build space agriculture, and even make a self sustaining habitat within the wheel.

(anyone remember biosphere 2, we have a lot of work ahead if this is the case.)

500 to 2000 STS loads would probably get one going.

I would say the moon or mars also. but there are unknowns, can we maintain good health in lower than earth gravity for a lifetime? The moon might not be enough, Mars may barely be enough but we don't know.

What is going on in the ISS right now will help us so much when/if we get around to do this.

EDIT TO ADD

These would not last forever I know, orbits would have to be maintained but these orbital arks per se would/should give us enough time the Earth to recover from catastrophe.
edit on 21-12-2011 by quantumdragon because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2011 by quantumdragon because: sp

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

OR we could create a android race of robots. This way they could have tools to measure certain things in space and if we have a canidate planet, they could measure things about that planet before we get there. Understanding the expense of course, it could save lives.

We wouldn't want to jump into this because lives and a serious amount of money would be involved. Android base test first seems like a great start before we start moving bodies. IF we have that time, if it was some major event coming quickly then we may just want to start moving people out...Depends on the situation I think.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Your thoughts?

If there are forces here that manage the soul energies of humans they may not want humans to go LOWER DIMENSION VIBRATORS. So now you step into another level of potential awarness WHOS ON YOUR SIDE THAT ARENT LIKE YOU. HOW do you leave if your soul material can be recaptured and reseeded in 3 dimension SEE IT LIKE LOWER VIBRATORS PARASITE YOU VAMPIRE YOUR SOUL ENERGY?? Keeping in mind you are an ETERNAL being but dont know it, but others do??? Now you are up againt a potential power force already prepared for your escape in 3d or SOUL MATERIAL. Never know soul material may be powerful energy source I remember reading some saying even to open STARGATES?!?!? SO I guess more souls bigger GATE
. So to escape I mean exodus Earth may just place your mental conscious within another 3 dimensional capture device UNKNOWINGLY. I feel DIVINE INTERVENTION WOULDBE TRULLY NEEDED TO EXODUS THIS REALM OF MIND TRICKERY AND DECEPTION. There is a need for more elder or advanced energies to help guide the youthful, or LOST eneries of EARTH and ELSEWHERE???
( I CALL THEM ANGELS) you may call them EXTRATERRESTIALS. Their COMMANDER would be a GOD send or a CREATOR designed energy designed to assist -WATCH-youthful or LOST energies as they develope.

With that the exit plan FOR THIS HERD can come in various ways some angels/OR earth herd WATCHERS those hwo LOVE humans and see how hard it is for humans to develop spiritually ECT. may carry 3 dimensional attributes in the ways of travel and existence. Why others may be not of this dimension fully but can interact as if they are to certain points, you know like where the souls may be captured they can assist there.
Some may even know how to exit Earth from its interior I know silly right, but they may know other ways to open portals unlike stargates to exit Terra all together. MANY WAYS. SO I just try to keep an open mind.
edit on 12/21/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This would be a good topic to do some research for ATS on. Get a few of us together and plan something out and do a research topic on it. We already have some good ideas here.

I think we could get a great responce from the research community.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If we manage to master mind uploading, then space travel may be as simple as transmitting a radio/laser signal containing the uploaded mind data between planets or stars, at the speed of light. From the point of view of the travellers, the transfer would be instantaneous. Such a technology would truly open routine space travel even to ordinary people. Of course, the recievers and basic infrastructure would have to be established first, which would require a sublight trip.

If we dont, then nuclear or fusion powered ships would be enough to colonize the solar system, but I doubt the scale of "exodus" could be achieved, because there would be no economical need except prestige and science. Overpopulation will be solved by the excess people dieing off or living in poverty, not flying off to space. Earth resources, if properly managed, will not run out, ever.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If we're talking about traveling at speeds achievable today or the near future it would certainly be a multi-pronged solution. I'm thinking a combination generation/seed ship assisted by AI and robots.

The ship would be stocked with frozen human & animal embryos and a vegetation seed bank. The cargo would be looked after by a self sustainable crew that would live their entire lives (with families etc) on the ship for as many generations as it took to complete the journey. The crew would be assisted my AI & robots who would also help ensure that the mission is completed. The ship would have to have everything needed to keep the ship running and the people and livestock alive for generations.

Once making landfall there would be a plan and an automated system that would thaw the embryos, bring them to gestation by whatever means and also start planting/farming. Maybe by the time they get to their destination they'll be met by humans who beat them there who of course developed a faster way of space travel.

First things first...we need find a suitable planet less we wind up wandering around like Battlestar Galatica or worse just sitting up there like in WALL-E

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Oh what an interesting topic.

Such a technological feat would no doubt take a majority of a century to construct. The problem here is that Governments of the world do not yet see the imperative need for space travel. I like to see our current position as the position that the old world shared before Christopher Columbus. Columbus did not discover the North American region in any way, but did a very important thing for the human race, he merely reintroduced the value in settling a new frontier. Admittedly space is much different and much more harsh then the beaches of the Caribbean that Columbus landed on, but the world needs a provocative event or person to re open it's eyes to the potential and absolute need of extending our frontier.

Whether this be through a new space race, or the emerging commercial space industry (SpaceX, etc) the human race will learn once again to explore space, right now we are too tangled up in our pointless quarrels and economic problems to see a bigger picture. Ultimately, I see governments reacting to a external threat from space, whether that be solar activity, an E.T threat, or simply the dwindling of Earths resources. Sometime far in the future this may become a reality, but sadly as previous posters has said this will most likely be a government undertaking. Which in turn means the the riders of these Arks will probably be carefully selected and majority of the population left to die, we cannot take all 7 billion with us, unless we learn how to transmit consciousness.

Thanks for the great topic.
edit on 21-12-2011 by heyitsphil because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join