It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exodus Earth. How will we leave?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I opened this thread to discuss EVERY and ALL aspects concerning an Exodus from Earth. First the definition:

ex·o·dus (ks-ds)
n.
1. A departure of a large number of people.
2. Exodus
a. The departure of the Israelites from Egypt.
b. Abbr. Ex or Exod. See Table at Bible.

Of course, I'm using definition 1.

The basic premise is that we are running out of room here. Currently, there are 6.7 billion people on this planet. We are raping this planet, and someday there will be no more resources here to pillage.

The secondary premise is that technology is increasing exponentially. We are on the verge of creating AI. Eventually, we'll discover nature of reality around us, and we'll shape our environment to protect us. We are capable of building star ships, but we don't know how yet.

We'll have to reach for the stars someday, or we may face extinction as a species.

There are many ways:
1. Depletion of resources.
2. Climate change.
3. NEO impact.
4. Solar eruption.

The list could go on. WE are fragile here. We have no backup plan, and all our eggs are in one basket. One major catastrophe, and we'll face the next ELE.

That said, what are all the possibilities? What do we need to leave the earth, and establish a colony elsewhere?

1. Funding.
2. Resouces.
3. Volunteers.
4. AI.

Your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
S & F!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this topic....be back in a few to post a wonderful response!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

We may well leave in tiny litte pieces.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
When will we leave too! When will we make the journey to start a new life someone to ensure the human race carries on passing down genes?! How will we leave you say? It will be hard giving up such a nice planet that we have lived on for billions of years. This is our home. This is where we evolved. This place has been kind to us. But how we leave? I say a massive self sustainable spacecraft that allows for cyrogenics possibly. The astronauts wake up in how ever long necessary... Unless we unlock the secrets to antimatter!

link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by Druid42

We may well leave in tiny litte pieces.

This is a theory (tiny pieces) mentioned on The Universe's 'Parallel Universes"

link   
Great topic S&F my friend.

Okay, first as far as what we need. I would def say what you listed is about everything. More so, we need people to be able to do things because of it purpose not that pay. Hard motivation in this day and age, need to offer some kind on compensation. That being said you would need some kind of group and structure. Also would need to generate some kind of large funding.

I am assuming this project, as I see it, would be without the gov't?

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If the Govt took control of the project us normal citizens could say goodbye to getting a ride on that spaceship.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'd say not much really. Based on the rate of progress we wouldn't need to travel with these weak and disease susceptible sacks of meat we call bodies.

Instead, we could travel as information on a substrate and utilize Von Newman type probes to expand our knowledge base. The whole of our cognitive abilities on something the size of a Kleenex container... and theres billions of them all redundant.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb
If the Govt took control of the project us normal citizens could say goodbye to getting a ride on that spaceship.

That's why I assumed it was without because we won't get anywhere and would have to fend for ourselves.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Reading the responses so far, let's set a few parameters:

We have to look at it both ways, first. Government sponsored, or privately sponsored?

I'd go with government, as to set a worldwide contribution.

I'd go with privately, to do it our own way, but with fewer resources unless we could get a few billionaires to book passage.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have watched several documents and Science Channel episodes that explore this topic...

First, humans have to overcome their natural arrogancy of thinking that we are the highest (or only) intelligence in the universe...

Next, we would have to send probes (we already are) and fully examine the good candidate planets/moons....so far, its Mars, Titan, and Encelidus

Then we would have to send our 1st test group there to experiment and literally be our 'guinea pig group'....they would need to understand that there will be no return back to Earth for them, for fear of spreading deadly alien viruses. They would basically be on a suicide mission, for humanity. (remember NASA made this statement about a volunteer group going to Mars?)

After that, its all aboard....well....not ALL. People are going to have to understand that not EVERYONE will be boarding the arks...let's be honest; not everyone is productive enough or viable to the survival of our species....accepting this fact alone will be the hardest for humanity. People assume that everyone is special and counts, but that's just not true.

Bottom line, world governments will need to end the era of being 'Politically Correct' and quit lying about extraterrestrial life, our own human origins (I advocate the Ancient Alien Theory), and prepare the arks.
edit on 20-12-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Areyoupeopleinsane

You have a good point there. Let's just digitize ourselves. Store ourselves on a computer somewhere.

However, I see us colonizing the moon or other places first. Have to have infrastructure in place first, before we could build a system vast enough for virtual quantum storage. But hey, maybe that's what we are anyway, aye?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Another theory is that we have already done this before...Maybe we started on Mars, and did an exodus to Earth. When you couple the information in the bible about red desserts, red seas, and little atmosphere, it sounds a lot like Mars....

there have been pyramids rumored to be on Mars, near Cydonia and Olympus (where the 'gods/aliens' congregated)

and the pyramids appear just as ours do in Egypt, Mexico, and India.

Could we have started there first?
edit on 20-12-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Well said. I have to agree with that. And I remember NASA saying about the ONE WAY trip to Mars. If I had no family or friends I would definitely go. But back on topic

The project would be a bit hard to launch if it was done privately. And If the government does it we know we will get our best minds on board. It could very well end up to be a popularity contest if the project was done privately and we may just end up with heaps of actors/singers and wealthy people rather then physicists, biologists, engineers etc

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Then we would have to send our 1st test group there to experiment and literally be our 'guinea pig group'....they would need to understand that there will be no return back to Earth for them, for fear of spreading deadly alien viruses. They would basically be on a suicide mission, for humanity. (remember NASA made this statement about a volunteer group going to Mars?)

Not really a suicide mission. A big enough ship would have enough resources to last quite a while, especially if it had a habitat for growing food. Extra water, and a way to EVA to get chunks of ice from asteroids. We'd have water, food, and a population limit. What else do you need?

True, they wouldn't be able to return, but why would they want to? They would be pioneers. Our history has taught us to move onward, suffer hardship, and better ourselves. That instinct is key. Right?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Not really a suicide mission. A big enough ship would have enough resources to last quite a while, especially if it had a habitat for growing food. Extra water, and a way to EVA to get chunks of ice from asteroids. We'd have water, food, and a population limit. What else do you need?

True, they wouldn't be able to return, but why would they want to? They would be pioneers. Our history has taught us to move onward, suffer hardship, and better ourselves. That instinct is key. Right?

Very very true...

And you are right about them all not being 'suicide missions'...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I say a massive self sustainable spacecraft that allows for cyrogenics possibly. The astronauts wake up in how ever long necessary.
reply to post by curiousrb

That's the current theory....Biostasis, and AI controlled colony ship. We sleep for about 140 years until we reach the nearest one, Gliese 581 d. It's over 20 lya. WE actually haven't found a perfect match for earth. Keplar is searching.....

link   
For the Exodus.

We need to genetically alter our species.

We need to alter it through selective breeding, genetics, trial and error all the way.

We need a human that can handle 95 percent less atmosphere than ours.

A human that is not effected by varying amounts of gravity.

A human that can reproduce with a small gene pool without mishaps.

We need to change our selves in almost every way except what makes us truly human. .

link   
reply to post by Druid42

I agree. They could pride themselves venturing off to leave our home planet to sustain life on another and go knowing there wont be a return. I would admire someone who did that and they would have all my respect.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

edit on 20-12-2011 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join