It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico Mayan region stars 2012 apocalypse countdown!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

So here it is! Ah man, this is going to be great, cannot wait for the world to end, just kidding, I know I will wake up on December 22nd and just say, FAIL, and then go back to sleep. Hopefully I get a day off from work and just relax. I'll be pissed off if the world ends though, I am looking forward to the 2014 Brazilian World Cup, who is with me!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I was literally just about to post this!

It's not going to end. Even if it does, we will be too dead to care!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by csuldm

Least, I'll finally get some peace and quiet.

2 days and they have done nothing but behave. I'm shocked.

Now only if I can get them to clean.

Everything would be perfect.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
From your link, They also don't believe the world will end

"The world will not end. It is an era," said Yeanet Zaldo, a tourism spokeswoman for the Caribbean state of Quintana Roo, home to Cancun. "For us, it is a message of hope."

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Long Count calendar begins in 3,114 B.C., marking time in roughly 394-year periods known as Baktuns. Thirteen was a significant, sacred number for the Mayas, and they wrote that the 13th Baktun ends on Dec. 21, 2012.

For some reason, Gronemeyer says, people have ignored evidence that dates beyond 2012 were recorded.

Human beings seem to be attracted by apocalyptic ideas and always assume the worst," Gronemeyer said.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

How surprising...

Mexico's tourism agency expects to draw 52 million visitors by next year only to the regions of Chiapas, Yucatan, Quintana Roo, Tabasco and Campeche. All of Mexico usually lures about 22 million foreigners in a year.

+30 million tourists...

The End of the World is a lucrative business isn't it ??

Cha ching...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Cha ching is right. We are looking forward to it down here. I'm going up to Chichen Itza tomorrow for the start of the solstice craziness.

We expect business (nothing but tourism around here) to be booming this year.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Yeah...the Mayans don't expect the world to end...but dont tell that to the NWO/Illuminati/CrazyMofo'sTryingtoRuletheWorld I'm sure "they" aren't going to let an opportunity "go to waste". They've already planted the seeds: "The Day After Tomorrow" and "2012(the Movie)"...why let a harvest go to waste?

I, personally, don't think the "world" is going to end...like people think...but i do believe SOMETHING MAJOR, is going to take place. There's waaaaaay too many things going on, next year, like: The Presidential Elections, The Olympics, this event, to name a few, for something castastrophic, not to happen. Next year, is going to be a big year, INDEED. Enjoy this Christmas, it MAY BE the last one, we celebrate, for a while!

And, by the way, if we look at the word "WORLD"...meaning: the cosmos, arrangement of things; it IS POSSIBLE that the "world", as we know it, WILL end. Next year, could be the start of the N.World O, or the NEW ARRANGEMENT OF THINGS!

top topics

join