It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emergence of Life on Earth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You aren't the you that you think you are. When you say, "I am...", the 'I' that you are referring to is not actually your identity. Our identities aren't the part of us that 'is'. Our identities are just what we have led the part of us that 'is' to believe it is by associating ourselves with our actions. But we aren't our actions, we are what acts. If we play football, we say we are a football player. If we sing, we say we are a singer. If we hunt, we say we are a hunter. But these things aren't who or what we are, they are just what we do or have done.

What we are, in essence, is nothing but awareness. Every living being on this planet has varying degrees of this awareness, but all awarenesses are the same. Sort of like water in varying sizes and shapes of cups. It is all the same water. Awareness is the part of us that is. So when you say the word, "I", you are actually referring to this awareness. So when a football player plays football, it is not the football player that is playing football, it is awareness. When the hunter hunts, it is not the hunter hunting, it is awareness.

Now you might can see that awareness is the only thing that can really DO anything. When actions are traced back to their origination, they can be traced back to awareness. So this indicates to me that our own emergence was caused by awareness. It had to have been. A dog doesn't make a duck and a cow doesn't make a tree. A dog makes a dog and a cow makes a cow so the lifeless doesn't make life. Life makes life. It has been that way and always will be that way and can't be any other way.

Therefore, since awareness is the only thing that can take intelligent action and do intelligent work and our own creation was the inititation of an intelligent process and is, therefore, intelligent work then the first life forms on Earth were created by awareness, also known as the essence of life. It is very obvious, to me. That means God is awareness. And since awareness is in us then that means God is in us as well as every living creature in the universe.

Since awareness itself is responsible for the emergence of all life in the universe then awareness must be something external and internal to the brain. It has to be an all pervasive, eternal field that connects all life to all life because it is the one life. Therefore, we are all one and we are not our identity. We are this shared field of awareness. The implications are vast.

edit on 20-12-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well yes. The Universe itself is a living brain and is where our awareness comes from. How's that for huge?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juran

Well yes. The Universe itself is a living brain and is where our awareness comes from. How's that for huge?

I've considered this before, although there is no substantial proof to validate it. I even took it a speculative step further here in this thread ---> www.abovetopsecret.com...

It all seems very possible, however there is just no way of knowing for certain.

However, I think it is a little less speculative to simply say, "Life cannot come from something not alive." If it could, then we should expect to see the spontaneous emergence of lifeforms on Earth again. It just doesn't make sense that life could happen randomly from something not alive and then also be hard-wired to perpetuate procreation. It's not like a random accident would know that it would be a good idea to perpetuate itself. It is likely, however, that the emergence of life was created by something that was already perpetual.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juran

And our galaxy is a single neuron in that brain/mind.

Ribbit

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

It is likely, however, that the emergence of life was created by something that was already perpetual.

The Universe is the perpetual sandbox of the Children of Zion!

Ribbit

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

However, I think it is a little less speculative to simply say, "Life cannot come from something not alive." If it could, then we should expect to see the spontaneous emergence of lifeforms on Earth again.

Could it not be argued, that instead of "spontaneous emergence of lifeforms"....there was a spontaneous emergence of life.....and that that life then evolved, and diversified, into what we have today?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Star and Flag!

By far, this is my favorite thread you have made. There is not a thing I disagree with in the OP. Nicely articulated.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

However, I think it is a little less speculative to simply say, "Life cannot come from something not alive." If it could, then we should expect to see the spontaneous emergence of lifeforms on Earth again.

Could it not be argued, that instead of "spontaneous emergence of lifeforms"....there was a spontaneous emergence of life.....and that that life then evolved, and diversified, into what we have today?

This is a good thought. But how can life come from not-life? We have never seen this happen. However, we see life coming from life all the time.

Not only would it have to be an infinitely improbable occurrence if life emerged "on accident" and spontaneously, but that improbability gets infinitely multiplied when its prime emergence also emerged with the ability to perpetuate itself. Not to mention, it perpetuates itself into higher complexity. It is highly probable that life pre-exists life-forms and if you devolve Earth's life forms to the beginning, you wind up with no form at all yet there is that potential for progression and perpetuation that gets hard-wired into every emerging life form.

So the question to answer your question is, "How can something that is perpetual and progressive come from something that is not since the emergence of the perpetual/progressive machine is a perpetual/progressive act?" Either it is a paradox, or it is impossible altogether. Life that progressess cannot come from something that does not progress.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Argyll

This is a good thought. But how can life come from not-life? We have never seen this happen. However, we see life coming from life all the time.

Not only would it have to be an infinitely improbable occurrence if life emerged "on accident" and spontaneously, but that improbability gets infinitely multiplied when its prime emergence also emerged with the ability to perpetuate itself. Not to mention, it perpetuates itself into higher complexity. It is highly probable that life pre-exists life-forms and if you devolve Earth's life forms to the beginning, you wind up with no form at all yet there is that potential for progression and perpetuation that gets hard-wired into every emerging life form.

So the question to answer your question is, "How can something that is perpetual and progressive come from something that is not since the emergence of the perpetual/progressive machine is a perpetual/progressive act?" Either it is a paradox, or it is impossible altogether. Life that progressess cannot come from something that does not progress.

Understanding that Life doesn't come from nothing is only part of the equation. Figuring out how Life comes from Life and grows within from within, kNot from without, that is the real question.

How does that apply to the Universe?

Ribbit

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Life had to begin when one became two. Opposites create life The big Bang was really the big Split
and the instant you have two forms at variance with each other Time begins. I'm sure there is a mathematical equation to show this but don't look at me.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Nice Post

Since awareness itself is responsible for the emergence of all life in the universe then awareness must be something external and internal to the brain. It has to be an all pervasive, eternal field that connects all life to all life because it is the one life. Therefore, we are all one and we are not our identity. We are this shared field of awareness.

I disagree that awareness is external. Because it exists outside your brain, in the brain of something else, doesn't mean it's external. It's still internal in that something. If awareness exists externally, it does so only as an ideal, as language, as a cliché—almost like the story of the tree falling in the woods. Complete, agreed upon, common objectivity.

Worlds, galaxies, planets, mountains, oceans are all created in chaos; through unawareness. It isn't possible to trace back the birth of the sun through awareness, as it existed before we ever became aware.

Awareness is a tool of the body, an instinct, nothing more.

This is my subjective opinion.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
so every fibre of existance from one end of the scale to the other, is created to harnass awareness for a never ending journey into infinity with no purpose but to exist?

new topics

top topics

join