It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a bird, It's a plane, It's a ... Meteorite???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Strange Streak In The Sky Over Poland

I don't read or understand Polish. This video shows a wild colored streak in the sky. Could be a meteorite burning up, a contrail with spectacular solar reflection, I don't know.

What say you ATS?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The trail seems far to dense, dark and spread out to be a contrail. When vapor clouds come from planes usually they dont start to spread out and dissipate until about a mile or so behind it, this was thick and spread out from the start. Great video, thank for posting

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

I have never seen a meteorite coming into the atmosphere do that. Perhaps a chunk of a comet produced that? The iced water becoming vapor would create a think tail like that.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
We all know that's a rocket.

Pretty cool meteor streak.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Lens flare.
2nd.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Wow!!! Very interesting Thanks for sharing.

Wasn't there a Failed German or Russian Rocket due to return to Earth ..... Mmmm ????

Sure the experts will be along soon.

S&F

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I don't know anything about these topics. But very cool post!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Don't panic..
it's just Superman coming back from Krypton..

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Wow..awesome...i'd probably # my pants if i'd see that!

I have never seen a meteorite like this in "real life" but i am actually pretty convinced it is a meteorite. If it is...amazing footage.

There was similar footage of an alleged meteorite a few months ago and it looked similar. I cant see this being a missile etc. due to the weird color of the trail. Awesome video!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
that looks awesome, but why does the tail at the very end teter off into a left hand turn... or did it fly straight and thats just a change in the wind?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm thinking Chinese lantern....

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It's a sunset contrail. Here are more taken with a better camera.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
At 0:13 you can clearly see something shine/flash. Something metallic. It flashes about 3 times.
Airplane contrail.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Chinese Long March 3B/E launches NigComSat-1R
December 19th, 2011 by Rui C. Barbosa
www.nasaspaceflight.com...
China launched another commercial satellite mission on Monday, when a Long March 3B/E (Chang Zheng-3B/E) lofted the NigComSat-1R on behalf of Nigeria from the Xixhang satellite Launch Center. The launch – adding to China’s record year – took place at 16:41 UTC.

Would this be visible from Poland?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I agree with phage and ohiotim2112 - aircraft contrail.

You can see a strobe at one point when the camera operator zooms in.

Trains or trails left by objects entering or exiting our atmosphere usually become very distorted, very quickly, since they are punching through multiple layers of atmosphere where the crosswinds in each layer usually travel in completely different directions... the result is very characteristic, and looks nothing like the later part of the footage in question, which shows a relatively un-twisted contrail IMO.

Examples of rocket contrails/ballistic missile launches can be found in elevenaugust's thread here, and I posted a couple of examples of the trains created by natural meteoroids entering the atmosphere here.
edit on 20-12-2011 by C.H.U.D. because: clarification

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

ahhh phage u have to ruin everything you big spoiler you!!!
8-)
edit on 21-12-2011 by ototheb85 because: moooooooooooooooo

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It's a sunset contrail. Here are more taken with a better camera.

Those are very impressive. I wish the Original Video in Poland had a better resolution. I looked at the footage frame by frame and it is so full of digital artifacts that it is impossible to see the source of the trail in question. I saw three "flashes" that would possibly indicate an airplane reflection, but that is it.

new topics

top topics

join