It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Take A Break - Flight of Fancy or ....... ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Sometimes we are allowed to throw away our conformist thinking and just imagine!

Underground living isn't so unimaginable is it - after all TPTB are doing it right now and considering it is a relatively new technology on the scale of things - what will they be able to achieve in the future?

So it doesn't take a lot of imagination to consider that Aliens achieved this technology hundreds/thousands of years ago. Perhaps they had been forced to do it on other planets because of climate/environmental/Political Change.

If you were an Alien and came to earth for Sanctuary and found all these Gorilla type Beings living in the Dark Ages and killing each other then living underground again might be the natural thing to do. You really wouldn't want any contact with the guys up top either would you.

This article I came across on the infamous site Before It's News (who are really just the messengers) really set me thinking. It describes the experiences of certain individuals/explorers and with non negative Scientific views attached. Archaeology alone tells us that an educated society/s once existed - there is so much evidence - some accepted by Main Stream Archaeology some not. But we all know surely, we're not the first to achieve the level of technology we have now. In fact we're probably still behind what once existed.

______beforeitsnews/story/1531/429/Hollowed_Earth:_Aliens_Underground,_Humans_Above_Ground.html

Is this not what our Governments are doing at present?

Is it plausible?

I think it could well be and apart from that it makes for very interesting reading - take a look!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Living underground makes sense for a lot of reasons. No cooling or heating is required, and if it does, not alot of energy would be needed. As far as ET being underground, well think of Mars. Mars already has dormant volcanic magma tubes which go deep enough to avoid the radiation exposure on its surface.

As far as here on Earth?

Well military defense bunkers such as Denver Airport exist. And their sole purpose is when the bombs start dropping, the people inside survive. So going underground makes sense.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I do think that as we poison the planet more and more over the coming years that this will be the only alternative.

I wonder - would it ever reach the point when our descendants would find it strange to live up top - guess they would feel very exposed!

Is this our future?

Is above ground where we would send our criminals?
edit on 20-12-2011 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
As far as the concept of a select few living underground while the rest of us die topside...for whatever reason...Nuclear...Supervolcano....Asteroid or Comet strike....it is a fools quest.

You still need clean air....in all cases listed....so much debris....and a Asteroid strike of sufficient size and velocity could kick up alot of natural radioacive elements....and as far as the shere movement of the Earths crust from the two listed that are natural disasters....undrground reinforced caves would not stand a chance.

A Man Made disaster such as a Nuclear war would only allow people to live for so long underground. Modern day Thermonuclear Bombs...are not like the Fission style bombs dropped on Japan. The Earth would be unihabitable for thousands of years and I don't care how high tech an underground air filtration system is....radioactivity will eventually get in.

Plus...for whomever the poster was that said no A/C needed. It get's very hot as you tunnel deep underground. Even a few hundred feet will have an increase in temp. never mind the thousand foot plus depth you would need to survive....but it would be for a short time.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Well that's the end of that then lol.

Could there ever be a possibility that Oxygen could be derived from water - say from huge underground lakes?

new topics

top topics

join