It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't believe my eyes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I was just watching ABC World News with George Steph-a-poop-alus or whatever his name is and I seen something that I couldn't believe I was seeing. They showed Ron Paul's face next to Romney and Gingrich and had him 3rd in some poll they were talking about. Mind you, I have watched a lot to see if they ever do mention him and they never do. Then they showed some footage of R and G, then Mr. Poopalus stated that there was a new frontrunner in Iowa. I paused and was like, "will he say it???" And then, RON PAUL!! I was ecstatic to hear them FINALLY acknowledging him and then I heard Mr. Poopalus utter a remark after he stated that....He was like, "but everybody has been at the top" The way he said it, you could tell he was pissed or something...I was thinking, "really?" He is the frontrunner now and you are STILL bashing on him. They will know soon enough
Sorry for no link to anything as I can't find anything as it was just on tv a little while ago.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by daniel5383

i was just listening to NPR's coverage of Iowa and even they said that Paul would probably win there. However right after that they said that they think that if in fact he does win, then Iowa loses all credibility in the primary process.

MSM just cant face the fact that All candidates other than Mr Paul are worthless bought and paid for shills.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Huckabee won Iowa. Is he President?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by CaDreamer

Huckabee won Iowa. Is he President?

So you dont like Ron Paul? Well i am hearing Ron Paul would win NH too.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I was just watching ABC World News with George Steph-a-poop-alus

edit on 20-12-2011 by rstregooski because: beer

Sad to say, but if you look at all the major news figures ignoring Ron Paul or shewing him off, 95% of them are members of this "wonderful" organization..
edit on 20-12-2011 by rstregooski because: more beer

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

He'll never be President of this country. Too extreme on too many issues.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Yeah, following the Constitution, limited Government, cutting Government spending and sound money are clearly extremist views

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Yeah, following the Constitution, limited Government, cutting Government spending and sound money are clearly extremist views

What he said

You took the words right outta my mouth

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Saying he wouldn't have voted for the Civil Rights Act because it infringed on businesses isn't extreme? Ending federal minimum wage isn't extreme? Ending Amber alerts isn't extreme? Fazing out SS and Medicare/Medicaid isn't extreme?

Really i could go on....but what's the point?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well conservative talk radio says that the reason Ron Paul is the front runner is because Gringrich is being attacked with negative ads (Now the truth is considered a negative ad) and the establishment is scared of Gringrich. They continue with the fact Gingrich can't be controlled so "Those in Washington" are trying to muddy the waters of the GOP.... So basically the Gingrich is the new Ron Paul. You guys know that feeling you get when you eat ice cream way too fast? That sharp pain right behind the eyeball? That what I get now listening to talk radio now. Now what am I suppose to listen to when I'm suppose to be working

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Originally posted by MrWendal

What he said

You took the words right outta my mouth

Quoted for truth,

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Saying he wouldn't have voted for the Civil Rights Act because it infringed on businesses isn't extreme? Ending federal minimum wage isn't extreme? Ending Amber alerts isn't extreme? Fazing out SS and Medicare/Medicaid isn't extreme?

Well the point would be to open a dialogue with someone who has opposing views and to make an attempt to at least understand another perspective, unless your not into that kind of thing.

Saying he would not have voted for the Civil Rights Act does not seem extreme to me at all. Besides that, it is also irrelevant. What ANY Candidate "would do" in a totally hypothetical situation from the past means absolutely nothing. That is like debating who would have won a boxing match between Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali when both were in their prime. It makes for interesting discussion but at the end of the day it is nothing but an opinion, and if I may be blunt, opinions are like butt holes. Everyone has one and they all stink.

That being said, I understand Paul's position. The Civil Rights Act did not abolish racism, if anything it effectively put racism into hiding. Government can not make laws that force people to accept others. Government can not make laws that force people to think a certain way. If the Civil Right Acts did anything to remove racism from society, then why do we spend so much time discussing issues of race today? What is the difference between a Store Owner would hangs up a sign that says, "We refuse the right to refuse service to anyone" and a Store Owner who hangs a sign that says, "We reserve the right to refuse service to people". I actually think that the world would be a better place if people could be openly racist. Using this example of a store owner, if I were to walk into a store that had a sign that openly refused service to gays, blacks, mexicans or whoever, it would actually empower me as the consumer. Once I see that sign, I can make a choice to NOT spend my money in a business that discriminates.

Even here on ATS we see news stories involving businesses and people being throw out etc etc. Very often the very first point made is that as a business you have "the right to refuse service". So why does that suddenly change if what the business owner refuses service for a reason we find objectionable?

I also do not think ending the Federal Minimum Wage is extreme either. I believe it to be a State issue and something that should be decided by the State. Ask yourself, who is better in touch with your local community to decide what the minimum wage should be? Fact is, even as the cost of living has increased, the Federal Minimum wage has not increased to the same degree. The cost of living also differs from one State to another. It cost much more to live in Los Angeles than it does to live Idaho. So if I am a resident of Idaho, who is better suited to decided what the minimum wage for me should be? Some suit in Washington DC who is a representative from Ohio or my local elected State Officials from Idaho?

Ending Amber Alerts? I think you are misrepresenting Paul's views on this. Ron Paul is not against the Amber Alert System. He is against moving the Amber Alert System from the States into the Federal Amber Alert System run by the Federal Government in lieu of the States and on this issue I completely agree with him. He wants to keep the Amber Alert System in place as it is now, controlled by the States. Fact is, the Amber Alert System works wonderfully as it is. It has been a success. So what purpose would it serve to move the system to the Federal Government? The only thing such a move would do is create a bureaucracy at a time when every second counts. Sorry but I am a firm believer in the old saying ,"If it is not broke, don't fix it" and the Amber Alert System works. So I am sorry, but you are dead wrong on this point. Ron Paul does not want to end the Amber Alert System, he wants to keep it as it is and not change it.

Phasing out Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid also does not seem extreme to me at all. Fact is these programs are failures and they are broke. There is no money. I have been paying into all of it since I first started working many decades ago and chances are it will not be there for me when I need it. Social Security is broke. The Government raided those coffers long ago. As far as Medicare etc, it is a silly argument. Fact is, Medicare and Medicaid is not healthcare. It is sick care. You can get some good treatment after you had a heart attack, but it will not help you to get the care you need to prevent you from having that heart attack to begin with and that makes these programs a complete failure.

Extreme? Not in my opinion. What else you got?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

i was just listening to NPR's coverage of Iowa and even they said that Paul would probably win there. However right after that they said that they think that if in fact he does win, then Iowa loses all credibility in the primary process.

MSM just cant face the fact that All candidates other than Mr Paul are worthless bought and paid for shills.

Yea, they're getting scared now. Get ready for them to try every dirty trick in the book. But don't worry, it's all going to back-fire in their faces like it's been since August. The more they try, the more we fight back.

BTW, you get the RP Avatar of the Month Award!...just need to shrink it down a bit!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Really so his to extreme because he wants peace and not war mongering like on my other news story i posted about Iran?

Neither Will Newt,Romeny be the President unless you want another 4 years of GW Bush again.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

What's the big deal about the minimum wage these days? Every job I have ever applied for has been above the national AND state minimum wages. Hell, even Sears starting pay is above $8.50 an hour. The federal minimum wage is $7.25 right now... I have never seen a job offer less than $8 an hour, and I live in a state that goes by the federal minimum wage.

Removing the minimum wage doesn't mean everyone is going to suddenly be making pennies an hour.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Well... I should have dug deeper, but finding out that Ron Paul wants to do away with SS and Medicaid...Yup, I now Support Ron Paul.

I am a fiscal conservative, desire small government, want a government more akin to what the founders foresaw and wrote of... not some monsterous Federalist predator. I guess in the sense of T Jefferson.

I think that many Americans are doing their homework after the last electorial fiasco and Obama's election. Many have educated theirself and read the Constitution for the first time and said..."Wow."

Then they look at the candidates.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of well intentioned voters that are too lazy or too iggnorant to be critical in their selection and simply vote as told by MSM...

I have looked at all of them, and the only one I can see consistancey in is Ron Paul. However, he doesn't fit the TV mold... not dashing and dapper, well educated, has a real passion, knows what he is talking about, can't fit him into 10 second sound bites... you know, all those things that you need in a president...great smile, good hair, can read a telepromptor... not Ron Paul.

So he probably won't win...but I will vote for him.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I think one of the major reasons Ron Paul will not get the (senior) vote...(and there are many, many seniors) is because of his stance on Social Security.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I'm sure he wouldn't just cut it off. It would probably be phased out so everyone alive right now will continue paying into it and collect it when they're eligible, but no new people would pay into it.

If they just erased SS a lot of people would be absolutely livid that the "retirement fund" they paid into for their entire adult life was wiped out, and they'd never see their money again.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I like a lot of Ron Paul's ideas, but I have a question.

I have Asperger's Syndrome, which makes me very undesirable as an employee. Very few people would hire me. Hence, I'm on SSDI.

If Ron Paul gets rid of SSDI and other Social Security programs, will I have to beg from a hat instead? Or move back in with my parents?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Ah you Americans .... catching on trivia ... All world wants Ron Paul to win !! .Im not American and i will cry like a little baby when he will anounce that he will bring all troops back home and then new era of the World will begin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join