It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Falling Apart At The Seams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think it's pretty easy to see what is happening right in front of our eyes. The GOP seems to be falling apart at the seems.

Recent battles over the payroll tax cut extension have highlighted the rift that splits the party into a divided, unorganized mess. Of course this division has been apparent since the Tea Party came onto the scene, forcing the GOP base to sway towards an extreme form of "conservatism" in order to keep the GOP together, but now we are beginning to see the ranks divide. While some Republicans are willing to compromise over the issues, the extreme right is hijacking the process.....taking a "my way or the highway" approach to congressional politics.

Add to the formula a GOP race for the nomination in which the candidates are having a hard time grabbing a firm hold onto support from voters because of xenophobic foreign policy views, a lack of economic understanding (or they do understand and only serve to aid the corporations) and past records that make one question their "conservatism", it is no wonder that any candidate (except Santorum) has had their shot as front-runner.

Of course, this excludes Ron Paul. Whether or not you agree with his stance on the issues, he is the only candidate that has remained firmly in place while the rest of the GOP flounders to find their sweet-spot, with no regard to previous positions they may have held. But RP is tossed to the side by both the left and the right as a fringe lunatic that will never have a chance. Yet, he climbs the polls to #1 or #2 in Iowa, and the GOP machine has been on it full force today. Almost all of the GOP talking heads have been making the same statement all day: "If RP wins Iowa, it will be irrelevant and means that Iowa has no place being first in the nation". What this really means is that if RP wins, they will not allow him to be the nominee.

Will all this in-fighting going on within the GOP taking place, their approval ratings are sliding further down while Obama is enjoying a slight increase in favorability. Is this the product of a divided GOP, or Obama growing some juevos and telling them to get off their laurels and do something? That can be debated but the fact remains that while most of us would love to see Obama out of office in this next election, we are witnessing the alienation of one GOP presidential candidate regardless of his popularity, an "extrminization" of the Republican party, and possibly the re-election of Obama.

So my fellow conservatives, we need to get our act together pretty quick. We are allowing our voting process to be hijacked by the party itself and it has become quite apparent that our "values" are not based on morality and such, but instead on the electability of one particular candidate or another.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I wonder what the numbers would have to be where the GOP could not manipulate the numbers. I can fully see where the GOP could manipulate the numbers to put the candidate of their choosing on the podium if there were only a few votes difference. How overwhelming would it have to be where even in the genius minds of the GOP could not realistically swap the numbers around to suit them and get away with it without totally enraging the populace, or is this even a consideration to them.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The "falling apart" of the GOP comes as no surprise to me. Honestly, I don't believe the GOP wants the presidency.The way I figure it is that they fear the office, as that would immediately place responsibility (and blame) for the nations economy squarely on them. The way I see it, the GOP has no legitimate plan to fix the economy; thus, they would rather lose the presidency and continue pointing fingers at the Democratic president than take the office and continue the economic failure. Such a failure on the GOPs behalf (after pointing fingers for 3-years) would effectively drive the final nail in their political coffin.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Very very well put.

GOP exploits historically work best when there is a strong economy to destroy.

They're in a great position to rely and hope for average citizen ignorance while they pretend the current situation was created in less than 3 years.

Bombs, blow town, blame blacky.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I still laugh out loud, that people still think that the GOP and the DEMS are any different from one another.

Endless Wars,
Endless Taxation,
Endless Illegal Immigration,
Endless infringement of our rights.
Endless bailouts for corrupt bankers
Endless Subsidies.

WHERE IS THE EFFING DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I happen to believe the same thing. The GOP does not want the presidency and are deliberately throwing the "clown car" of candidates out for all to see.

As always, RP is the exception.

IMO, they are ruining their credibility for the 2016 election and in the future senate/house elections.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
I still laugh out loud, that people still think that the GOP and the DEMS are any different from one another.

Endless Wars,
Endless Taxation,
Endless Illegal Immigration,
Endless infringement of our rights.
Endless bailouts for corrupt bankers
Endless Subsidies.

WHERE IS THE EFFING DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a different guy getting rich in between the same guys that always get rich.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Very well put.

They do not want to own up to the fact that it was their policies and theirs alone that led to this mess, no one else's. Every attempt that has been made to bring our nation back to economic health has been systematically and carefully architectured at their hand, no one else's!

They are Anti American vermin and swine of the highest order that need to seriously be put down like the rabid dog they are. They are the terrorists, they are solely responsible for the predicament the nation is in today and have no plan to get us out of this mess but to add more gasoline to the inferno that they themselves have created and have restricted our ability to activate the firehouse and the fire extinguishers.

They are in bed with Wall, Street, The SCUM, the banks, the corporations, foreign elements, terrorist groups!

They are a damn joke! When Motor Trend magazine named the 2011 Chevrolet Volt as it's 2011 Car Of The Year every last talking head blasted Motor Trend.

Rush Limbaugh's Statement :
www.greentechmedia.com...

Motor Trend's response :
blogs.motortrend.com...

Remember Obama's attempt to add the "Buy American" clause in the 09 Stimulus package? I do!

edit on 21-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

We also have to realize that the Republican party has become the masters of the new Nazi propaganda machine!

These guys know how to make people fall in line and believe anything, even when it insults the intelligence of everyone else.

Sometimes I wonder if we should blame the GOP for their actions, or blame the people that are dumb enough to actually buy it!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

It's troubling that we have elected officials more concerned with inheriting a bad problem, than are concerned with the dire situation our nation is in. Everyone of them should be rolling up their sleeves and tackling our shared problems, who are they going to govern when it all falls apart?

More than troubling, it's enraging.
edit on 21-12-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Au contraire'!

Maybe the GOP is shedding the dross that has kept it down for so long. I know the reason I left the party was because they weren't conservatve enough.

It'll be interesting to see what may emerge from this "upheaval".

Perhaps a GOP we could be proud of again.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

It's troubling that we have elected officials more concerned with inheriting a bad problem, than are concerned with the dire situation our nation is in. Everyone of them should be rolling up their sleeves and tackling our shared problems, who are they going to govern when it all falls apart?

More than troubling, it's enraging.
edit on 21-12-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

Its more trouble when Both parties dont even want the office ..

I have said in the past .. Nobody in there Right mind would want this position in power.

Time to elect some ROP that Nobody will vote for ? .. time to elect the Dem nom ? ..

You know your screwed when Both parties are like " crap .. I really didnt want the job".

Ron Wants it .. so give it to him.

JG.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I know the reason I left the party was because they weren't conservative enough.

Fair enough. I suppose it all would boil down to what we define as conservatism. The true form of Republican conservatism is rooted in constitutionality, and maintaining consistency that does not deviate even in light of personal social beliefs.

The modern form of conservatism is based not on constitutionality, but on a belief that the constitution and the rights of the people is solely dependent on social and religious dogma set forth by the ruling zealots in charge. This is where we see the GOP today.

Religion and fear are used to spread xenophobic mantra coupled with lies of fiscal monetary intent. "Conservatism" has become an acceptable way to bash people we disagree with (gays, Muslims, ETC) and attempt to bastardize the constitution to justify their actions, while they are actually dragging it through the mud.

So I can say that I left the party for the same reason, they were not conservative enough. But the current definition of conservatism is not the same as mine. People are beginning to see the GOP for what it is, and it is safe to say that the tide is changing against this movement toward fascist representation.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This says it all.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Talk about disrespect!

I wonder if people will start paying attention to the BS that is happening in congress.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You want a GOP you can be proud of get rid of this fanaticism and the radicalia elements of your party like the Tea Party and be the party of Eisenhower and not that of Palin and Bachman and I would take the GOP more serious but continue this rise of extremetism and watch how far it gets and what you get.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The Neo Conservative Dictatorship continues!

top topics

join