It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even if Ron Paul is a racist I'm still voting for him

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If Ron Paul is a racist, then here is a list of some candidates and the biggest problem with them:

Barack Obama - power elite
Newt Gingrich - power elite
Mitt Romney - power elite
Rick Perry - power elite
Jon Huntsman - power elite
Michele Bachmann - power elite
Ron Paul - racist

For me this is a no-brainer. Race is not on his platform. It's not like he's proposing bringing back Jim Crow laws and lynchings.

Now, I am white, and will not pretend to know what my feelings would be were I black. If that's a deal-breaker for you and Paul, I respect that.

But still, the mere thought that somebody who is not part of the club has a non-trivial shot at the White House give me chills, and I mean the good kind.

edit on 20-12-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

Where does Ron Paul say hes racist?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
Where does Ron Paul say hes racist?

He doesn't, as far as I can tell. But Google Ron Paul and racism.

edit on 20-12-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well, rest easy... Ron Paul is not a racist. For those who don't know, in the early 90's there was a newsletter that was published under his name but the content was not endorsed by him or reviewed by him. This newsletter made more than a few racist comments.

The charge of racism has been thoroughly discredited many times. Austin NAACP President Nelson Linder, who has known Ron Paul for 20 years, unequivocally dismissed charges that the Congressman was a racist and said the reason for him being attacked was that he was a threat to the establishment. This was in 2008, the last time they tried pulling this crap with the same old tired proven false story.

Not surprised to see this again, just a smear attempt. The exact same smear attempt they used last time around.

The smear this time comes from James Kirchick, who Joe Klein refers to as a

"dishonest [expletive]" and "[expletiving] propagandist."

Sources:
www.youtube.com...

voices.washingtonpost.com...

www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 20-12-2011 by sageofmonticello because: added more sources to vouch for my memory on the topic

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

"I mean, it's politics," he continued. "Nobody talked about it for 20 years until they found out that the message of liberty was making progress. And everybody knows I didn't write them, and it's not my sentiment, so it's sort of politics as usual."

I saw this.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I swear that the people out there who call Ron Paul a ''racist'' have no idea of the definition of what racism is.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Dude Ron Paul is never racist. Out of all the other politicians in Washington he is one of the most honest people I've ever heard

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
One thing I like about Ron Paul is that he is not on a power trip. He's not trying to make it into in elite club. So I have to agree with you on that.

My mom, age 93, told me that when she was young they would let the black people have Thursday to swim at the pool and Friday they would drain and re-fill it. That was in Peoria, IL. The wrongness of it stuck with her and is one of her few memories of youth. Things have changed and hopefully people will stop the hatred, for whatever the reason.

I think the OP encourages one to consider that Dr. Paul is a racist. I just don't buy it.

Just read your post sageofmonticello. I type slow. Thank you.
edit on 12/20/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: more stuff

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Asked if the issue was fair game, Benton responded, "He has answered questions about these newsletters for 20 years, but it is reasonable that he answer them again now."

"We are confident that Americans will look to his vast, consistent and principled record, his life [as] a doctor, faithful husband and family man, and accept his answer," he added.

This is not news. This is old. The media bringing this up again is pretty silly, and goes to show how much digging they have been doing and still coming up empty handed. I'm glad you're still going to vote for him, though.

He doesn't appear to be the racist type to me, I think he's probably much more approachable than someone like Gingrich for anyone of all colors.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Is it just me or do people view Ron Paul as the next messiah?

I mean you can't say anything wrong about this guy before the Ron Paul supporters get off their from blowing him to tell you they are wrong and he is the best thing since sliced bread...

They act like he would change everything and make the world a greater place when anyone with a brain knows this to be BS.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
i could care less about his personal values as long as he doesn't try to incorporate them into legislation and we know he won't

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I think it is just you. My thought is that people like Ron Paul so much because he is the one person in politics that they feel speaks for them.

I don't think anyone is under the illusion that one person can just become president and fix everything but I think many people see it as a chance to finally take a step in the right direction and a chance to change the attitude about what government should be.

Do you expect Ron Paul supporters not to defend him? What is the purpose of your post in this thread? I have my opinion.

Bringing the troops home and returning some respect for the constitution would be a very good start.
edit on 20-12-2011 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

Incredibly insane! If anyone is a racist, Newt Gingrich certainly is. How quickly we forget! Well, I didn't forget, remember these remarks made by Newt:

Gingrich: Poor blacks fail to acquire wealth partly because of their "habits." A June 16, 1995, Washington Post article reported that Gingrich, in a discussion with black journalists, stated that the failure of poor black people to acquire wealth was in part due to their "habits." From the Post article:

He acknowledged that it was more "difficult to acquire wealth as a black in America," but added that more than skin color is at play. "The truth is that preachers and lawyers have been more dominant in the black culture in the last 40 years than have business people," said Gingrich. "The habits of the church and the habits of the lawsuit have been more powerful than the habits of acquisition and the habits of job creation."

[...]

Asked what he would tell a black child who grew up with the notion of the United States as a colorblind nation, Gingrich said he'd respond: "We're not colorblind. I'd say it's a lie to walk into a school in America and say, 'This is a colorblind society.' And we shouldn't lie to children."

Pressed on what he would tell children who wondered what their opportunities were, Gingrich said his answer would be: "If you're black you have to work harder, and if you're black and poor you have to work twice as hard."

Gingrich, who has been intimately involved in District affairs, also was asked to respond to the suspicions of some residents that Republican interest in the city is part of a "conspiracy to boot out the black-run government" and "roust out" poor blacks.

"I understand the fear," he said. "What I want to do is transform Anacostia so the people currently living there are able to participate in the transformation so that five or 10 years from now they have new habits. Let me be very clear about this: I'm prepared to say to the poor, 'You have to learn new habits. The habits of being poor don't work. So yes, you've got to change.' "

Newt Gingrich's History of Bigoted Remarks

ETA:
I have hated this SOB every since the 1990's

edit on 12/20/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

I mean you can't say anything wrong about this guy before the Ron Paul supporters get off their from blowing him to tell you they are wrong and he is the best thing since sliced bread...

They act like he would change everything and make the world a greater place when anyone with a brain knows this to be BS.

I don't think Ron Paul is a messiah.
I don't think he is racist either.

I do think he is just what we need in the white house though.
Time for Americans to wake up and see what damage is being caused by TPTB.
That is what I personally see Ron Paul as, a wake up call to Washington that people are sick and tired of wars and meddling in others affairs. Throwing money out the window left and right, and taking our rights away in the name of security.....

Ron Paul is the only one I have seen even dare to mention any of this, and why? Because everyone else is just a carbon copy of the same old thing in my opinion......

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Rest assured, Dr. Paul is not a racist.

Listen to what he said in 2007 in a debate in the south, hosted by the black community, which McCain and Romney couldn't be bothered to attend.

edit on 20-12-2011 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: spelling

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Do you expect Ron Paul supporters not to defend him? What is the purpose of your post in this thread? I have my opinion.

Your opinion is probably 100% accurate

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
I swear that the people out there who call Ron Paul a ''racist'' have no idea of the definition of what racism is.

As a black person, I agree with Viking on this.

Also to the OP, just because you hear something on the MSM, especally the same MSM that thinks Ron Paul is invisible, doesn't mean what the MSM says is true. Dr. Paul addressed this issue already it's nothing new. However, The fact that you admit that you would vote for a "racist" is a bit startling though. I doubt that you would vote for a president that would say "kill whitey" in his speeches

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

I am a hardcore Ron Paul supporter, and if anyone wonders why, I say it is because he speaks of individual liberty.

Liberty and rights are NOT granted by the government, Liberty and rights ARE granted by your creator.

The simple fact that you are a human being born on planet Earth, gives you rights that no government can legally take away.

We are all created equal, in God's eyes. And I don't care if you don't believe in God.

And the biggest reason, that hard core Ron Paul supporters like me, will rally to the end, is that Dr. Paul has been saying these things all his life. He is not a stick your finger in the wind politician.

He has principles, he has integrity.

Its really not that hard to understand.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Welllllllll. America isnt colorblind. And if you have poor habits so becomes your lifestyle and way of thinking.

I looked at the quotes of Newt in that article annddddd i dont see anything racist.

Oh and im not the political type.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Touche, although I still disagree with many, many statements Newt has made with good reasons.

edit on 12/20/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join