It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Ticketed For Putting Out Trash Can 1/2 Hour Early

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MacSen191

O.o yikes where do you live? I find it rather comical that they just throw the bin in to, but it would piss me off too. I thought the whole point of the bins was to keep the bags from splitting and animals from getting into them. The car thing is crazy but on the flip side I've driven by some houses that had so many junkers it was a nightmare to look at. Still, your property and should be your rules unless you sign some neighborhood agreement.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Put your garbage can out a half an hour earlier than you are allowed to, you get a ticket. It's amazing really. It's like a well-oiled machine, this system that makes sure you follow the rules and applies a civil penalty if you don't. Whether you agree with the rule or not, good on them for being so on-point.

Meanwhile, I can't hardly wait to see just how many screw-ups occur in the upcoming primary elections, as well as the general election for the next President of the United States. How many people will not get their vote counted because of a computer glitch, or how many people won't even get a chance to vote because out of the 15 machines their voting location requires, only 6 work? They have all year to make sure something goes right and things work as they should, but when it comes to a process that really matters to them, namely anything that ends up with you giving a Government agency money, things go off without a hitch.

Nice. The process of voting is a total crapshoot, but the government getting paid? Not a single hiccup.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
People usually are working when the garbage comes. What does that mean to the neighbors? It is up to people to speak up loudly. If you don't support a bill, or bylaw, and you speak up loudly and put it in writing and its not resolved, the next step would be to have everyone stand behind each other and everyone put their garbage out the day before and say this is going to be solved and rescinded now.

What neighborhood would ever support a bylaw or ordinance that would mean you couldn't put your garbage out cause your at work?
edit on 20-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join