It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich accused of illegally profiting off campaign (It's Over Newt!)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I think the only people that wanted Nitwit were the over 70 crowd that has fond memmories of Raygun. You couldn't pay me enough to vote him. I think Raygun every time I hear his name. Ronnie started this whole mess were in Nitwit would only make it worse

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but if he's stealing or lying or anything of the sort. It sounds to me like he's just right for the part. This is just another day in the life of what we are already so used to. Sounds to me like this might be the guy who makes it. The more corrupt you are the better your chance. It's not over, for him, it's just beginning. Say hello to the new President.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Sadly I can't just laugh at that. In this day and age it's certainly possible. Interesting thought. Because wow. He's certainly shown where his true allegiances lie. Not for the people of America in case you don't take the time to find out and want to know the short version.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This again highlights the crap field the GOP is running.

The best mainstream choice is Romney, a crooked Mormon multimillionaire...

The candidate most people are excited about is the least Republican of the bunch.

The reality is that, as we've seen the last few days, the GOP will, if Ron starts actually competing seriously, turn their guns on him. And guess what, it will work.

Romney, hilariously, will be the nominee, and will get crushed by Obama.

Which is fine by me as I hate Romney and prefer almost any Dem to almost any Repub. But it says a LOT about the GOP. A lot.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This does'nt suprise me one bit, infact i bet it happens more often than not. People get into polotics to make money not to (serve). If someone runs for more than two terms you can bet they're corrupt in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Why complain about the media picking our candidates? Most of the people on this thread seem to have the same ravenous knee-jerk reaction of 'burn-him-in-the-square' for every alleged misdeed. CREW disproportionately targets Republicans to begin with. Personally I wouldn't mind giving RP a shot at fixing this mess, but the fanaticism of many of his supporters does parallel the bias of the MSM... imho.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
what really bothers me is when I hear the statement that someone is "not electable"

that means that there are protocols in place to prevent an outsider from ever gaining control.

the establishment has already chosen for us I believe. the next 5 years are probably already written out.

Duh!

I mean come on
does any1 still believe their vote counts
for anything other than giving you the feeling
you have some sort of steak in the end result

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yup, the obama machine is running along nicely. Now the press and the Federal Election Commission (FEC) would actually investigate obama as strickly as they are everyone else we might get somewhere. It's funny how the press never tires of digging deep on everyone but obama. So, the FEC is going after Mr. Gingrich, obama must've been getting a little nervous.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I agree 100%. The MSM have poluted the voting process and I am not sure we can ever have fair elections again.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Newt is pure evil, you can see it in his eyes.

His body language and the way he speaks, why would you run for president looking and acting like the "brain" off of Pinky and the Brain. I don't know how anyone even voted for him in a poll.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Gingrich accused of illegally profiting off campaign (It's Over Newt!),

I don't think it's over for him. He was only ACCUSED .... Heck, look at Obama. There was plenty of EVIDENCE of him being racist (Black Liberation Theology cult for 20 years) and in bed with Rizzo / the corrupt Chicago political machine etc etc but he got elected anyways

Accused in politics is just about as good as convicted. It WILL hurt his campaign. But it is the whole package with him that is untenable. A lot of people have very bad feelings about him going way back.

Oh, and Michelle is worse. Ever read her college thesis? Sickening. She shouldn't have been anywhere near the White House.

Just curious, FF, who do you support in this race?

ETA: Oh, and thanks to all who flagged this thread to the top of ATS. I am very glad this story is getting the exposure. Not for the flags, but for the damage it does to the enemy. *evil grin*
edit on Wed Dec 21st 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Just go away and let the only honest politician in Washington see if he can fix this mess for a

Change.

And that would be none other than your worst nightmare:
Ron Paul.

edit on Tue Dec 20th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

No offense, but in that last clearly biased spout of absurdity your thread lost credibility.

The truth is, there are no honest politicians in Washington DC. It has now become like a high stakes high school, but with expensive suits and money, and twice the cliques and drama.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
The truth is, there are no honest politicians in Washington DC.

I am so happy to report you are dead wrong, and woefully unread.

Ron Paul, I love you. (In a male bonding sort of way.) Looks like we have a dissenter.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Newt is not lizard-man, but he sure does share an uncanny resemblance to this guy:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I thought it said grinch at first haha....

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
degree. Let's face it, Romney doesn't have a chance at all.

While Ron Paul has a huge amount of support from Independents, Libertarians and Conservatives to a degree. And Rep. Paul even has a growing base of support among liberals, social conservatives and not affiliated people.

Ron Paul is the only Republican that could ever stand a chance of beating Obama.

Actually Huntsman would have the best chance.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich became the target on Monday of a Federal Election Commission (FEC) complaint filed by the non-profit watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), which accused the Georgia Republican of illegally profiting off his campaign.

The complaint is based on a revelation by The Washington Post‘s Dan Eggen, who discovered that Gingrich had personally sold a mailing list to his campaign and profited to the tune of $47,005, then failed to report the transaction on a key FEC document. That’s count one, according to CREW.

That mailing list did not belong to Gingrich personally, CREW said. It instead belonged to Gingrich Productions, Inc., a private business that sells Gingrich’s books. Since he paid himself instead of Gingrich Productions, CREW alleged that a second count of using campaign money for personal expenses is called for as well. The treasurer who signed off on the deal is also accused of violating campaign finance laws.

More at story link:
www.rawstory.com...

It's over Newt. Just give it up. You cheated on all your wives, you're finding ways to defraud the taxpayer, and no doubt- you will find ways to push your grubby little agendas in Washington as President.

Well we're tired of grubby agendas. We're tired of the corruption, and we're tired of

People Like You

Just go away and let the only honest politician in Washington see if he can fix this mess for a

Change.

And that would be none other than your worst nightmare:
Ron Paul.

edit on Tue Dec 20th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Another corrupt politician?? NO WAY, say it aint so! I'm so disappointed.

Seriously though, these things come out and people act schocked! How many trustworthy politicians are there out there? I can't imagine their numbers are all that great! I like Douglas Adams quote "To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem."

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Or maybe this just speaks volumes for the GOP.

My favorite quote from an atser(forgive me, I forgot who you are) "The republicans left the conservative party a long time ago."

When alll you are left with is the rabble, there isn't much too choose from.
edit on 21-12-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join