It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Blocking Roads and Freeways

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Blocking roads and freeways is the way of the future.

It gets people's message across quite potently!

If OWS start and stick to blocking major roads and freeways in all 50 states, then OWS will become a new, powerful regulator-type mini government amongst the world.

If around 10% in U.S. can't find work, then neither should anyone else get to work in the U.S. until all in the U.S. can work. Then people move to the message. See?

Blocking roads and freeways is an effective type of strategy.

What do you think? Would it work?




posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If OWS does this the entire country will turn a blind eye to excessive use of force by the police, I know I would.

If 10% can't find work the other 90% shouldn't be able to, wtf logic is that. Forget the police just imagine what the other 90% would do to you

edit on 20-12-2011 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn
 





If around 10% in U.S. can't find work, then neither should anyone else get to work in the U.S. until all in the U.S. can work. Then people move to the message. See?


I don't think you understand how the wold works. This is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard. So is the plan to block highways. You realize that all the people working are the reason you get to sit cozy on the internet and eat etc right? Where are you going to get food if you shut down the highways and everyone stop working? Who is going to pay the taxes for all the poor people?




If OWS does this the entire country will turn a blind eye to excessive use of force by the police, I know I would.


I'd be right there with 'em smacking protesters.
edit on 20-12-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Blocking roads and freeways is the way of the future.


Yea stand on the freeway and you'll definitely see your future from 6 feet under ground. Good luck with that one. This is the stupidest way to protest, yeah let's go make it hard for people to get to work when their hours have been cut and their salaries slashed. Oh wait, I'm part of the people
who exactly are you trying to send a message to cal trans?
edit on 20-12-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Protests of large unions here such as truckers and farmers often use this tactic. Driving down the highway at slightly above the legal minimum speed. It is a way of attracting attention, doing not much illegal and delaying people on their way home. There are much worse things in life.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn
 

Oh yah good. Block the 99% trying to get somewhere. That'll show the 1% who's boss.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
Protests of large unions here such as truckers and farmers often use this tactic. Driving down the highway at slightly above the legal minimum speed. It is a way of attracting attention, doing not much illegal and delaying people on their way home. There are much worse things in life.

Truckers are a bit different in staging protests by forming rolling road blocks on the interstate. I've been there and my truck has been a part of such efforts in Ohio and Illinois in years past. However, during my years as a trucker, the highway WAS my office and workplace, so if not a protest there...where? How does that work for giving Occupy an open ticket to go SHUT DOWN (which truckers didn't do..and were told they'd go to jail if they did)??

Occupy needs the SUPPORT of the public, not the utter contempt and rage from them., This is just insane. Constantly looking for more ways to protest in the most objectionable and obnoxious possible is as counter-productive as it gets if constructive outcomes are what people care about seeing here.

Oh,..By the way... The first interstate Occupy Shuts down? That isn't local cops anymore...it isn't even State Police IF they want to take a pass on it. That can technically be called federal and under the auspices of the Federal Department of Transportation among other agencies. As I've noted....Federal Law Enforcement DOES NOT HAVE misdemeanor crimes. People seem to miss the full meaning of that....but the first to do PRISON time for a protest will certainly help everyone else understand that distinction.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
all that would do is start wars



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I see it as your right to take whatever action you need to raise public awareness. I also understand that the road is your office and respect you and colleagues for it. Truckers are generally the safest drivers around because they understand what driving a several ton piece of metal means, whereas most car drivers don't. Car drivers are too busy texting, phoning, and doing other distracting things in their flimsy piece of aluminium that is usually just idiotic and asking for trouble. I prefer to take the safe route and let the trucks in and out (they are working, I am not, just trying to get home) and maintain a large distance to the vehicle in front of me.
In fact, being a trucker was always one of my possible wanted jobs but I am not large and strong and most truckers seem to need to be, possibly due to unloading large heavy things.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Blocking roads and freeways is the way of the future.

It gets people's message across quite potently!

If OWS start and stick to blocking major roads and freeways in all 50 states, then OWS will become a new, powerful regulator-type mini government amongst the world.

If around 10% in U.S. can't find work, then neither should anyone else get to work in the U.S. until all in the U.S. can work. Then people move to the message. See?

Blocking roads and freeways is an effective type of strategy.

What do you think? Would it work?


What do I think? I think I would be pissed off these people are in MY WAY to do what I want to do or need to do. And I would not be alone in that....

So, no....that is not going to happen or work. It is not effective and will piss a lot of people off. The 99% do not represent 99% of America....that is such a fallacy.

Your freedom STOPS where my freedom BEGINS. Something these people seem to overlook al the time.
edit on December 20th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Tell you what OWS. Stand in the path of my car and see how well your body can stand against a car.

I have to get to work and the stores to feed my family. You stand between me and my family and you end up in the ground.

Raist



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This idea could also result in many accidents and possibly fatalities from people trying to avoid idiots standing in middle of a freeway.

That would definitely not help the cause.



posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
If around 10% in U.S. can't find work, then neither should anyone else get to work in the U.S. until all in the U.S. can work. Then people move to the message. See?


So, 90% of the population with jobs should lose theirs for the other 10%?

Wow, now what a smart idea that is.
Care to share your ideas and plans for what happens when the economy crumbles and it's complete chaos?


Originally posted by WarJohn
Blocking roads and freeways is an effective type of strategy.

What do you think? Would it work?


Until you get run over. I'd pay to see that.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join