It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living and dying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The best thing about life is that it comes with death. Life and death rule us. Correct? We are living and dying at the same time. Your body is in the act of killing itself as we speak. Now if you catch something that kills, or get in an accident that kills, or get yourself shanked by somebody that kills, then you are then right up in death's door where this life at least is gone from you. If you have an after-life will it come as a living and dying package deal also? You don't know, but you can guess your guess is as good as mine.

Dying keeps us from being trapped in a life. Certain of you never know yet if your life will become a living hell down the line. So thank nature that you are dying now as a good measure.

Here lies a great question: Do you like the fact that you are dying? Why or why not? Rephrased: Do you like the fact that you must die? Why or why not?

edit on 20-12-2011 by WarJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It seems for most of us, we have been biologically engineered to "fear" death, which has always intrigued me.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Not all of us. I think we fear the possible pain more than the event itself.

Living and dying, soul satisfying...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It is all part of the natural cycle just as everything else in nature is - but a circle never ends!

It is said that you have had many, many lives - you have been rich; poor; a servant; a king; a film star; a beggar; a black man; a white man; a monk; a nun; a male a female; a gay; etc., etc., etc.,

And the cycle will continue until we realise we are 'ALL ONE' and you cannot realise or be 'ALL ONE' until you have been that OTHER person.

You cannot know hurt unless you've known love, you cannot know real poverty unless you have known riches etc etc

You cannot know how much you have hurt someone unless you become that person or know how much joy your love brings unless you become the loved.

There is no such thing as time - it is endless!

In order to get off this wheel we must learn to be ONE. It is a very narrow path we tread but it's ok to fall off too because the path will ALWAYS be there for you to return to no matter how long it takes.

Every person you see are expressions and different angles of the ONE!

edit on 20-12-2011 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hmm, deep and interesting questions.
I just lost 2 people i knew in the last 2 weeks, so my mind is running around questions of life and death.

Do you like the fact that you are dying? Why or why not? Rephrased: Do you like the fact that you must die? Why or why not?

Do you like the fact that you must die ?

It's two fold:

On one hand, i had several moments in life where the grim reaper came damned close. So far I managed to escape him. After experiences like these i felt like I have grown, and life has become more precious.
Also I did a lot of "action sports" which involve quite a big risk of dying.
Most people I talk about it do not understand it when I come across and say:
"I face death to feel alive"
So therefore I like the fact I must die. It gives Life more quality.

On the other hand, there is always this insecurity; what happens after death ? What will come ? Is there anything ? is there heaven/hell, rebirth, floating around as energy ??
And this insecurity makes it difficult to like the fact that one dies.

As well I often have thoughts like: I still wanted to visit this place, still have to meet this person, can't leave my family and so on. Which let me hang on to my life.

Actually, I just read an article today Top 5 Regrets of The Dying, from a guy who worked in palliative care.

The bullet point version:

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I didn't work so hard.
3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

Strong points. Gave me food for thought. And I guess it's time to fullfill these wishes before it's too late.

Here's the article:
Top 5 regrets of the Dying

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
It seems for most of us, we have been biologically engineered to "fear" death, which has always intrigued me.

I don't think we are biologically engineered. I think we are socially conditioned to fear death. Death is the number one money maker in the world. Fear is the most powerful emotion. This makes a lot of money and so society fears death and the unknown.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I seed is impressive, but when it sprouts, shedding its shell, it will leave you speechless. We too must shed our shell. The only problem, for some, is what kind of seed you constructed during your spacetime.

new topics

top topics

join