It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well this has gone tit's up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The French authorities are to ask 30,000 women who received potentially defective silicone breast implants to have them removed, reports say.

There are concerns that the implants supplied by Poly Implant Prothese (PIP) carry potential health risks, according to the newspaper, Liberation.

PIP was found last year to have used a non-authorised silicone gel that caused abnormally high implant rupture rates.

The French government has formed a special committee to look at the issue.

"We have to remove all these implants," Dr Laurent Lantieri, a plastic surgeon on the committee, told Liberation. "We're facing a health crisis, linked to a fraud www.bbc.co.uk...

Now all we need is the thts on this site to be removed or should i call them trolls/shills lol

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Pressure to look like all the "beautiful people"
Media Media Media, unrealistic expectations of how you should look.
People are going to die because the Media told them to look beautiful.
No one will be held responsible for this........as usual
Good find, S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Glad this is not happening in America, half of Hollywood would deflate if we had the same problem.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
yeah I heard this....
the bill will be covered as far as removing them by their public health care but if you want to get others back in you have to pay for your self.....unless they were put in for some rare medical reason...so 80% of those women are just covered for removal because it was purley cosmetic...there are thousands who dont know what type they have....recalled type or some other ok kind......
edit on 20-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

link   
"The French government has formed a special committee to look at the issue. "

For some reason, that line made me chuckle.

link   
I feel bad about it but, I have a little sympathy for them.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'm not one to announce when I star a post but you're getting one for the thread title.

I am actually very surprised that many women have breast implants in France, even more surprised that so many are being recalled. Fake boobs sort of freak me out a little bit. I'd worry about popping one in an over zealous amorous moment. Mood killer.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Surgically implanting foreign objects in your body can cause health problems?

Get the feck out.

Really?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I'm in the shadows armed with a large pin....

ETA I just don't get why a woman would choose to do this. I mean, I am quite unimpressed with the size of my penis but the idea of letting a doctor operate on my unimpressive gristle and implant something in it is just...well it's scary as hell!

edit on 20/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
When will women learn not to do this to their
bodies? The only time I would approve of this
being done would be for women that lost
their breast due to cancer.

How are they ever going to contact the
30,000 women that had this done and
get them into surgery to remove the
implants?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

haha, brutally honest.
I agree, implants are the simple biggest tun off there is. But somehow i couldn't imagine a woman complaining about how much a turn off your extra 3 inches are.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I agree with the other member on the title

All I can say is, more than a handful is a waste.

I really don't like fake people. I mean its one thing if you were mauled or something and needed reconstructive surgery, but cosmetic to add something?

I hope they don't get into any more danger, but I still don't feel sorry for them.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
As a man the idea of being fitted with a pair of fake breasts didn't appeal to me.
However, I had considered having a rubber head sewn on my shoulder (next to my real one).
But, now after reading this story I guess I'm going to have to let that dream die

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

I love honesty, brutal too but you do realise we've been telling women that six is nine for years? This is why they are so bad at reverse parking cars. Ahem!

"Ok hun, you've got six/nine inches left to reverse without hitting the car behind you..."

edit on 20/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
You guys have no idea how many fakes are out there.

At the Miami boat show, my friend had a display in the Convention Center with a forward looking fish finder. It's a type of underwater sonar you can aim around, so you can look up under the riverbank for example.

It's not supposed to work in air, but he had tuned it well enough we could see a vague green blob of each person walking down the aisle. Thousands of people.

But some people, would have two BLAZING GREEN BLOBS clearly visible. These would be women with implants, they showed up vividly on the screen.

Now, I know it was Miami which is probably second only to LA as far as being superficial shallow silicone city, but still...

Around NINETY PERCENT of the women had implants. We were laughing our butts off. Even ones with tiny little titties you would never guess were implants. ALMOST EVERY ONE OF THEM. And this was ten years ago! These days it's gotta be more like 99 percent.

A sad state of affairs. These bimbos have all been so brainwashed. And remember, all of this is voluntary. No one is forcing them to get these foreign objects implanted in their bodies.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
Pressure to look like all the "beautiful people"
Media Media Media, unrealistic expectations of how you should look.
People are going to die because the Media told them to look beautiful.
No one will be held responsible for this........as usual

How about holding the people who choose to do this responsible? It was their choice. Are these people clueless sheeple who have no brains and are so stupid that they are led by advertising and the media? Do they need Overlords to protect them from the media? You know, REALLY smart people who can see through this media sham for what it really is and protect these poor waifs from hurting themselves.

It seems to me that on one hand we demand the freedom to make our own choices and on the other we have this uncontrollable need to tell other people what choices they should make. Here we have a government that has decided these implants MAY have undesirable side effects for some people. May for some, therefore they are going to ask? compel? ALL women who have had this procedure to reverse it.

How about if these women tell the government to pound sand?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

same here lol

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Surgically implanting foreign objects in your body can cause health problems?

Get the feck out.

Really?

Yeah I can relate to that one here, about 6 years ago had a hernia done and because my body fat was so low they had to put a screen in.
I did not want that and knew it would cause problems, to this day if I sit wrong I can feel that bugger moving and poking me in the groin.
I cannot understand why people intentionally do this kind of body modification.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I feel bad for those who had these as prosthetics and not simply for vanity.

Lets not forget that there are thousands of women who have mastectomy's every year due to breast cancer, and I wonder how many men have this product in them also after suffering testicular cancer?

As for those who just wanted bigger tits, I couldn't give a toss about them to be honest. There have been enough scares over the years, and if they wanted to take the risks just for vanity they don't deserve sympathy.

top topics

join