It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt women march against army in fury over abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Around 10,000 women marched through central Cairo demanding Egypt's ruling military step down Tuesday in an unprecedented show of outrage over soldiers who dragged women by the hair and stomped on them, and stripped one half-naked in the street during a fierce crackdown on activists the past week. The dramatic protest, which grew as the women marched from Tahrir Square through downtown, was fueled by the widely circulated images of abuses of women. Many of the marchers touted the photo of the young woman whose clothes were partially pulled off by troops, baring her down to her blue bra, as she struggled on the ground. "Tantawi stripped your women naked, come join us," the crowd chanted to passers-by, referring to Field Marshal Hussein Tantawi, the head of the military council that has ruled Egypt since the Feb. 11 fall of Hosni Mubarak. "The daughters of Egypt are a red line," they chanted.

Times certainly are changing. I'm glad to see Egyptian women standing up for themselves. That woman that was beaten could have been anyone's daughter, aunt, mom or sister. Methinks the military may be in for some rough times ahead if the general populace actually asserts their human rights. I really do feel like the world has begun changing at an ever increasing pace. Mostly for the better.

Link

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

All I know is that if it was my Mom they had just half beaten to death, they'd need a whole riot squad and the hordes of hell to stop me exacting my biblical vengeance on the perpetrators. Sometimes people go too far and when they do... expect some crazy, directed, personal "#"

ETA Go Egyptian women!

edit on 20/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Yeah I would have completely lost my poo if that had happened to a family member or friend. Still bothered me anyway a fair amount.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I hope for their sake that it doesn't escalate into a huge riot where more women get abused and crushed under foot by a ruthless militant force. The military showed absolutely no remorse before, why would they show any now. I pray that these women are unharmed.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 1king2rulethemall

It's going to be a lot harder to beat 10,000 protesting women. If they get beat, there will be even more.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
OH you go girls,!! I have said repeatedly on this forum and others, change will come when the women take a stand,

And yes, I believe they were specifically targeting women.

edit on 043131p://bTuesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1king2rulethemall
reply to post by Domo1

I hope for their sake that it doesn't escalate into a huge riot where more women get abused and crushed under foot by a ruthless militant force. The military showed absolutely no remorse before, why would they show any now. I pray that these women are unharmed.

I pray for their protection as well, but apparently they are brave enough to take the stand, knowing the consequences.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

We can't have our little pieces of property running around, spouting off at the mouth now can we? It will be interesting to watch women in countries like this take a stand. High time.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

We can't have our little pieces of property running around, spouting off at the mouth now can we? It will be interesting to watch women in countries like this take a stand. High time.

Yea, hopefully.

Sorry your topic has not gotten the traction it deserves, but I am not surprised.
edit on 083131p://bTuesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Sorry your topic has not gotten the traction it deserves, but I am not surprised.

Thanks. I'm not too surprised either.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Thanks. I'm not too surprised either.

Didn't get much attention on the news either,

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
egyptian women get beaten and arrested and still fight and participate in protestions
they are great women

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

new topics

join