It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson Blasts SNL Tebow Skit: ‘There’s an Anti-Christian Bigotry‘ That’s ‘Disgustin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I don't think Robertsons track record is being debated here. What is being debated is whether he made a particular quote or not.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I never phrased my opening as a quote. Never claimed to quoting Pat, just pointing out the reality of what he is saying, tongue in cheek as he tries to make it, the message is as my original title announced,

Pat is calling for a major component of Sharia law, and it is clear to anyone not blinded by religious beliefs.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I don't think the detractors here are blinded by religious beliefs

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Whats "being debated here" is whatever we'd like to debate here.

The man seems to admire Satan.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Whats "being debated here" is whatever we'd like to debate here.

The man seems to admire Satan.

NO, it is not whatever we'd like to debate! According to the rules of the forum, we are to remain on topic. You could start a thread on your topic if you like but why not try to adhere to rules? They are in place for a reason.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Just for added frame of reference...
Here is the SNL skit he was crying about.....

No sense of humor for some people I guess...

edit on 20-12-2011 by defuntion because: Blah....

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What else do you call it when a man suggests that the Muslim response of bodies in the street for a comedy skit is the right response.

If this isn't a call for religious extremism, then what is it?

Not a lot of expression of outrage over this call for religious oppression.

"bodies on the street", yeah, that is what I get out of this little turn of phrases.

edit on 20-12-2011 by poet1b because: add an 'is'

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by defuntion

Now that was funny...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

you couldn't be more wrong with your analysis. i'm not sure if you're trolling, or serious.

robertson was saying that if the clip was making fun of muslims, there would be death threats and violence in protest, but because it's about christians, everyone thinks its ok.

he's saying a double standard exists, where it is fine to make fun of christians, but not muslims.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

That is pretty light. Pat called for bodies on the street over that skit!

I still say my first title was correct.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

What I hear him saying is that it is not alright to make fun of Christians, and even your interpretation, when followed through says the same thing.

And as far as I have seen, everybody considers Muslims to be fair game,

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Now that was funny...

I thought it was too....

Originally posted by poet1b

That is pretty light. Pat called for bodies on the street over that skit!

I also agree that it wasn't overly offensive in any way... ??

Like I said. No sense of humor for some...
edit on 20-12-2011 by defuntion because: Blah.....

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by poet1b

you couldn't be more wrong with your analysis. i'm not sure if you're trolling, or serious.

robertson was saying that if the clip was making fun of muslims, there would be death threats and violence in protest, but because it's about christians, everyone thinks its ok.

he's saying a double standard exists, where it is fine to make fun of christians, but not muslims.

So... are you sure now about the trolling or seriousness?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I think my original interpretation is right on the money.

I don't see how others don't see it.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

What I hear him saying is that it is not alright to make fun of Christians, and even your interpretation, when followed through says the same thing.

And as far as I have seen, everybody considers Muslims to be fair game,

making fun of people is childish and immature, but i doubt you think that. this thread is based on very skewed analysis in an attempt to belittle christians as radicals who want people killed in the streets.

lets examine the typical muslim response:

radical Muslim website RevolutionMuslim.com, who posted a message to South Park creators on Monday: “We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show…This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them.”

theo van gogh was a filmmaker who was assassinated after making a documentary criticizing how muslim women are treated.

Several months ago, FBI officials alerted Norris to what they were treating as a "very serious threat," according to a report. At that time, Yemeni-American cleric Anwar al-Awlaki said that Norris was a "prime target" for execution and that her "proper abode is hellfire."

the cartoonist above is responsible for the "everybody draw muhammad" day, and recieved so many death threats that the FBI advised her to leave the country, change her identity, and hide.
littlegreenfootballs.com...
the above link tells the story of children being beaten to death in the streets, churches being set on fire, and people being burned to death in the street over some cartoons.

this is the standard muslim response to being insulted, which is exactly what robertson said. now there is a taboo against making fun of muslims. it isn't politically correct to make fun of people practicing islam, but christians are fair game.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

OK- you are certainly entitled to your opinion and interpretation but don't you think, considering the overwhelming response that maybe more weight could be attributed to an alternative interpretation?

If not- I guess the mature thing to do is just to agree to disagree and move on.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Humor can be cruel, but this isn't such an example.

A great many people think that the Muslim reaction to a cartoon was completely unacceptable, and the start of a cultural war.

There continues to be a growing hostility against Islam because of their stance on this issue.

It seems to me that Pat is picking sides. Reminds me of the Bush families clos relationship with the Bin Laden family.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I think I see something that a lot of people are missing, and I am trying to get out the word.

That has been my point from the beginning.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

A great many people think that the Muslim reaction to a cartoon was completely unacceptable, and the start of a cultural war.

obviously beating children to death in the street and burning churches down is completely unacceptable. if you think that is the right response, then i see how your OP was so far off.

There continues to be a growing hostility against Islam because of their stance on this issue.

well when you burn people to death over a cartoon, people tend to have a problem with that.

from what i've read of you, it sounds like you sympathize with muslim acts of violence and hate christians even though their responses are more passive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join