It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson Blasts SNL Tebow Skit: ‘There’s an Anti-Christian Bigotry‘ That’s ‘Disgustin

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I agree communism gives religion a good run for its money, when it comes to killing people.

I already posted this.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

He's never claimed to have a gift of prophecy.

He's merely stated, on occasion, that he has an impression or a feeling or a conviction that . . .

Sometimes he may venture closer to saying that The Lord told him something but I can't recall a single incident of hearing him say such myself.

Most Christians have an 'impression' 'in their spirit' at some time or other or regularly.

Sometimes they are accurate and sometimes they may relate to an extra spicy taco.

Certainly most authentic Christians have had a Bible verse JUMP OUT AT THEM as specifically applying in a clear way to some issue they'd been earnestly praying about for some time regarding some challenge or problem or need in their lives. That sort of impression is not significantly different from the level of pronouncements Pat has made as from God.

imho

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Good.

Saying that Communism gives Christianity a good run for its money in terms of killing is

still

very different from the facts that Marxism/Communism is 10's of TIMES MORE BLOOD THIRSTY in terms of numers killed.

Compared to ALL RELIGIONS combined--particularly so.

Compared to Christianity--EVEN MORE SO.

Your biases are still rather starkly brazen on this issue, it seems to me.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

Sometimes he may venture closer to saying that The Lord told him something but I can't recall a single incident of hearing him say such myself.

I don't know what show you've been watching:

Continuing his decades-long tradition of New Year’s predictions, Christian Broadcasting Network founder Pat Robertson appeared on Monday’s broadcast of the “700 Club” to share what he says God told him about 2011. “Sometimes I’ve have had things that have been so spot on that it’s almost frightening,”....... The former Republican presidential candidate says that God told him America “is in grave peril.”...... “The leaders have hearkened to the demands of interest groups and have led your nation into bankruptcy,” Robertson said, relaying what he says God told him. “In two years will come a time of reckoning”...... \ Robertson added that God told him that “in the midst of this CBN will prosper,

Source

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Interesting.

I haven't had a TV for 5 or so years. When I had one, I only watched him maybe a time or 3 in 2 or 3 months.

What you wrote that he said has certainly come true. Seems to me he was quite accurate on those scores though the time has not yet run out.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I watched his show for many years with an elderly family member.

In 1988 he said that God told him he would be elected president.

There's lots of other failed prophecy and weirdness as well but that alone convinced me there's more ego than God involved in what he's doing.

<< 9  10  11   >>

join