It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Dear Dr. Laura:
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination ...End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.
1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of Menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?
7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?
8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
Your adoring fan.
James M. Kauffman,
Ed.D. Professor Emeritus,
Dept. Of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education
University of Virginia
Originally posted by intrepid
I'm not getting the purpose of this thread. Is it a slap at Dr. Laura? Judaism? A link wouldn't hurt. As for Dr. Laura, she's a tool. I have found in my reading that Judaism is about the most tolerant of faiths when it comes to homosexuality.
Originally posted by schuyler
"Orthodox" Remember that Dr. Laura is a convert. She wasn't born Jewish; she adopted it rather late in life. In other words, she is not "culturally" Jewish because she did not grow up within the Jewish faith. To claim that she speaks for orthodox Judaism would be like me converting to Catholicism last week, then proclaiming that I speak for the Catholic faith.
کَذَّبَتْ قَوْمُ لُوط الْمُرْسَلِینَ (160)
THE PEOPLE OF LOT BELIED THE MESSENGERS.
إِذْ قالَ لَهُمْ أَخُوهُمْ لُوطٌ أَ لا تَتَّقُونَ (161)
WHEN THEIR BROTHER LOT SAID TO THEM:ِ ``WILL YOU NOT AVOID EVIL?''
إِنِّی لَکُمْ رَسُولٌ أَمِینٌ (162)
I AM A TRUSTWORTHY APOSTLE FOR YOU.
فَاتَّقُوا اللّهَ وَ أَطِیعُونِ (163)
THEN BEWARE OF ALLAH AND OBEY ME.
وَ ما أَسْئَلُکُمْ عَلَیْهِ مِنْ أَجْر إِنْ أَجْرِیَ إِلاّ عَلى رَبِّ الْعالَمِینَ (164)
AND I ASK YOU NOT ANY REWARD, THAT MY REWARD IS NOT EXCEPT UPON THE LORD OF ALL THE WORLDS.
أَ تَأْتُونَ الذُّکْرانَ مِنَ الْعالَمِینَ (165)
(SHOULD YOU BE THE ONLY CREATURE THAT) FROM AMONG THE WORLDS COME TO MALES (SEXUALLY)!?
وَ تَذَرُونَ ما خَلَقَ لَکُمْ رَبُّکُمْ مِنْ أَزْواجِکُمْ بَلْ أَنْتُمْ قَوْمٌ عادُونَ (166)
AND YOU LEAVE YOUR WIVES THAT ALLAH HAS CREATED FOR YOU? YOU ARE RATHER A PEOPLE WHO TRANSGRESS.
قالُوا لَئِنْ لَمْ تَنْتَهِ یا لُوطُ لَتَکُونَنَّ مِنَ الْمُخْرَجِینَ (167)
THEY SAID; O, LOT! IF YOU DESIST NOT, YOU SHALL BE BANISHED.
As long as 2 people love each other what harm does it do?
See I can quote from a book and act all high and mighty..
The UN is going to add homosexual to the ones who have their rights in the society. Then Islamic middle east nations won't obey this law. Then the PTB will have reasons to invade those middle eastern countries.
And the harm is to the society and the defect is by becoming a common behavior among individuals in the society.