It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Reality? So because we're so sure that racial segregation will never be restored by some States, we should give the States back the power to enforce such laws over american citizens
I used to be a libertarian but I felt like many of it's ideals were better
suited for days gone by. Meaning when this country was forming
235 years ago. We are too big and complicated now for the sweeping
simple doctrines that dictate Libertarian ideas.
Just my opinion of course.
Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by TinfoilTP
You're claiming he wrote all 10 of those points.
Now it is your job to PROVE those claims.
Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Straight from the horses mouth,
Do You Support White Supremacist Ron Paul ?
10 quotes directly from Ron Paul that make him sound incredibly racist, it’s hard to believe otherwise. Read the quotes for yourself, and see if you believe Ron Paul is a racist.
1. ”We don’t think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That’s true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such.”
2. “What else do we need to know about the political establishment than that it refuses to discuss the crimes that terrify Americans on grounds that doing so is racist? Why isn’t that true of complex embezzling, which is 100 percent white and Asian?”
3. ”Six-hundred-thousand Americans died in the senseless Civil War. No, he should not have gone to war. He did this just to enhance and get rid of the original tenet of the Republic.” -Regarding the Civil War
4. ”Given the inefficiencies of what DC laughingly calls the criminal justice system, I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal. These aren’t my figures, that is the assumption you can gather from” the report.”
5. “Contrary to the claims of the supporters of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the sponsors of H.Res. 676, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 did not improve race relations or enhance freedom. Instead, the forced integration dictated by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 increased racial tensions while diminishing individual liberty.” -On the 40th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Act
6. “The Criminals who terrorize our cities – in riots and on every non-riot day – are not exclusively young black males, but they largely are.”
7. “I wouldn’t vote against getting rid of the Jim Crow laws.” -When asked if he would have voted for the Civil Rights Act.
8. “Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action.”
9. “Immigrants can spread diseases for which we may have no immunity. There is also the question of crime and culture. Many immigrants come from countries with different legal structures and are not willing to behave in the way we expect American citizens to behave.”
10. “There is no such thing as a hate crime.”
Originally posted by eLPresidente
The entire premise of this thread is funny.
I'd love for some of you to tell the Ron Paul minorities supporters that he is racist, those same minorities (asian, hispanic, black, european, heck jewish, middle eastern and whatever else you have) waiting in line with me to see him live on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
Taking lies from the internet and spreading them like they're true doesn't even come close to stopping people from seeing the truth once they've got a taste of his message.
Keep trying, continue failing.
He didn't write any of those racist remarks, they are quotes that rolled off his own tongue and spewed forth from his mouth for public consumption.
Obvious racism is obvious.
Originally posted by Tea4One
Public School Civil Rights Act 1984
This bill would allow schools to re-segregate.
In 2008 one of the coordinators for Ron Paul's campaign was Randy Gray who is a white supremacist.
His stance on the Civil Rights act of 1964 is also distasteful. Believing in property rights over the increased protection that the act gives to minorities.
Alongside this are the newsletters that apparently he had no idea existed till now seems a bit odd to me too. If he had known they existed he allowed racists to speak in his name which is somewhat suspicious for a man of government.
He is also picture here with the founders of white supremacist website Stormfront.
Public School Civil Rights Act of 1984 - Eliminates inferior Federal court jurisdiction to issue any order requiring the assignment or transportation of students to public schools on the basis of race, color, or national origin.
Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
LOL so instead youd rather have a federal government that overides the will of the people?
You want power to the people,
Another term for mob rule. Fascism at the federal level, bad! Fascism at the State level? acceptable in your eyes. To me, big government is big government, doesn't make a difference whether it's state or Federal. You beg to differ apparently, which is fine. You value states rights above individual liberties.
Originally posted by getreadyalready
We are only debating Federal Laws, and Federal Roles.
Individual Rights are the #1 concern of mine,
You wish to make this just about the Federal goverment, while conveniently ignoring the times when State governments