Israel Digs Trench to Isolate Farms in the Jordan Valley

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well, it looks like the good people of Palestine have another obstacle to overcome, trenches in their fields put there by the Israeli occupational forces because they claim the lands are part of buffer and closed military zones.

Sounds like more apartheid practices to me.

Israeli occupation forces have started to dig a trench in the Jordan Valley, east of Tammun in the northern West Bank, as part of a strategy to exercise more control over Palestinian agricultural land and prevent farmers from reaching their fields. According to the Mayor of Tammun, Jamal Bani Odeh, this is the second such barrier to be created by the Israelis. "The first trench is 5 metres deep and 5 metres wide," he said. "The two trenches are about 2 kilometres apart." The first trench was built after the start of the Second, Al-Aqsa, Intifada in 2000.

The Mayor pointed out that the trenches now isolate around 70 per cent of the town's agricultural land, an area of 98,000 acres. The trenches, he believes, are basically another version of the Apartheid Wall built by Israel as part of its land-grab across the occupied West Bank. Farmers are rarely given permits to access their land and have to make long diversions to get around the barrier.

"Israel claims that the lands are part of buffer and closed military zones," added Mayor Odeh, "or even that they are army camps and training areas." Nevertheless, he was adamant that the people of the area will struggle hard to keep their land and access to it. "This is the role that we can play in the resistance against the occupation," he said.

www.middleeastmonitor.org.uk...

As the article mentions, this is just more Apartheid walls. Farmers can't even work their fields now, but Israel's buffer zone is reinforced, that's all that matters right?

There are villains on both sides of the situation, but as of lately Israel has been acting like a spoiled child who didn't get it's way so it's taking its ball home.

Hamas has just announced they have adopted a completely peaceful agenda in order to help the peace process go smoothly.

Abbas: Hamas agreed to renounce terror

Mahmoud Abbas has also taken a peaceful diplomatic approach. In response to this Israel has decided to punish the Palestinians with negative rhetoric threatening settlement expansion and freezing the funds of Palestine disregarding international criticism.

Knesset to vote on annexing West Bank

Unesco gives Palestinians full membership (Israel rejects the decision)

Israel Blames Palestinians for Deadlock in Talks

Israel okays 1,600 settler homes for East Jerusalem

Actions speak louder than words. If you compare the Palestinian's actions versus the Israeli actions as of recently, it's obvious who's working for peace and who isn't. Yet the international community allows this to happen minus the odd public statement that never accomplishes a damn thing, neither do these UN resolutions that Israel only acknowledge if it works in their favor.

Now please listen friends. I have had two separate threads that discuss ME issues shut down today due to people bickering and derailing the threads to go off topic which then stresses the mods out because they're stuck taking down half the posts. I would like to avoid that in this thread.

I invite all sides of opinion to join the discussion, but we must keep it civil. No cries of Anti-Semite or Jew-hater. I've heard enough of this nonsense. We should all be able to discuss this very important topic without fighting over it.

This is a very important topic for a lot of us, so let's discuss it, all points of view are more than welcome, but no trolling guys. I don't mind if we disagree, but let's not fight over off topic subjects and derail the thread.

edit on 20-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Hamas has just announced they have adopted a completely peaceful agenda in order to help the peace process go smoothly..

yeah ... that'll be the day. Neither side is going to 'go-peaceful'. It's just not going to happen. The world needs to back completely away and let Israel and it's enemies pound the snot out of each other Whoever is left standing ... wins. The end. Then we won't have to hear about it anymore.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't think that would be very fair though. Since Palestine isn't allowed to have a real army, and the United States supplies Israel with a lot of military might, plus Israel has nukes and they won't allow anyone else to have any. So I don't think that's very fair. The international community helped start this mess by creating the state of Israel, they can help diffuse the ticking time bomb that's about to ignite called the Middle East.

Also, why should there be a war? There are factions within these parties that want Peace and nothing else. But it's a very complicated situation. In my opinion, the Palestinians are doing a good job at being peaceful. If an occupying force tried to keep me from my farm land or home, I would be attacking the invaders every chance I get, so they're doing a way better job than I would. My hat goes off to them.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Hamas has just announced they have adopted a completely peaceful agenda in order to help the peace process go smoothly..

yeah ... that'll be the day. Neither side is going to 'go-peaceful'. It's just not going to happen. The world needs to back completely away and let Israel and it's enemies pound the snot out of each other Whoever is left standing ... wins. The end. Then we won't have to hear about it anymore.

This would be the best thing to happen, but with Israel having nukes and using America as its big bitch to pull the strings internationally, Israel will always be winning, no small country has a chance against America. We just need to leave every country to defend their selves. . Western Governments are more bothered how other countries are getting treat than their own people, within their own countries borders - that goes for most western countries.

The only reason they have blockades and hold occupation of territory thats clearly isn't there to have, is because America is a bully, and are happy doing what Israel want for some weird, sinister reason.

Stop all Aid to Israel and let them keep acting like big dogs with nobodies help, lets see what happens then. they wotn be taking sht that dont belong to them

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I don't think that would be very fair though. Since Palestine isn't allowed to have a real army, and the United States supplies Israel with a lot of military might, plus Israel has nukes and they won't allow anyone else to have any. .

Like I said ... have the world back the hell off and let Israel and the 'palestinians' themselves duke it out once and for all. If the world backed off - America wouldn't be supplying anything and the 'palestinians' wouldn't be getting aid from Syria and Iran. Israel has a small army and has nuclear weapons that they couldn't use on their own soil.

Let this go down the old fashioned way .... Israel vs 'palestinians'. Alone. One on one.
The winner gets that stupid tiny piece of land that they are fighting over. THE END.

Seriously ... the nonstop fighting over there gets TIRESOME.

Side note - If the 'palestinians' do nothing and just keep breeding, they'll outbreed the Jews in Israel and they'll just be able to walk in and take it over. Arafat called for a 'war of the womb' ... he called for Outbreeding the enemy . And it's working. If the 'palestinians' wait long enough... another couple of decades at most .. they'll walk across the borders without firing a single shot or exploding a single missile.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I understand your point of view, I differ in opinion where as I would rather see a peaceful diplomatic resolution. But, as you mentioned, that is very unlikely due to certain conditions that both sides demand to be met before progress can begin. A lot of these demands are next to impossible so peace may never happen.

The world community started this mess in the 40's, now the whole region is a complete mess (thanks to western meddling) and the prospect of death is always on the horizon. I would like this to be resolved, but the only way to truly resolve is to travel back to the 40's and never form the state of Israel on Palestinian land. There were many other suitable options.

Now we have occupational forces acting against international law systematically stealing and restricting land from the rightful owners. I'm sure you probably see it differently than I do, but we can't all agree all the time.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
How pathetic, its clear that Israel plans another war in the region, and its very clear that it plans not to fight it in Israeli territory. Its an evil plan in which they prepare to set the Muslim nations on each other. We can see the spheres created recently in the middle east. We have Iran and Syria, the Turks, and the Arabs all opposing forces with large weapon supply, we also have a new wave of Islamists whos aims are not clear yet. Huge weapon supplies already exist in the middle east area and we saw its distribution after the fall of Iraq, Libyan civil war and now the Syrian rebels are being trained and armed.

The plan is to have the muslims knock each other out completely weakening them. But the elite Zionists plot and plot only to eventually fail as history has proven over and over. I believe the US sponsored Arabs will soon lead Syria to war, they will get help from NATO and Turkey thats for sure. The Alawis, Bashar al assads tribe and sect are not to be f***ed with. They are well equipped and well trained elite forces. They receive the best benefits and equipment in the army. there is really no equality in Syria, the reason there were a lot of deserters becuase those guys knew the regime didnt care about them. I dont know what the Syria government didnt treat all soldiers the same, but maybe they knew this day was coming.

after the big dogs fight in the middle east I'm sure Egypt will be the country to drag Israel into the war, or atleast it will seem that way to us.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

I think they do things like what's discussed in the OP to fuel revenge attacks. The more Israel is attacked by minority extremists, the more reason they have to punish the Palestinians.The last thing Israel wants is for Palestinians to stay peaceful like Hamas has recently announced.

If we sit back and watch, it's clear who the aggressors are, and it's not the Palestinians.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I don't think that would be very fair though. Since Palestine isn't allowed to have a real army, and the United States supplies Israel with a lot of military might, plus Israel has nukes and they won't allow anyone else to have any. .

Like I said ... have the world back the hell off and let Israel and the 'palestinians' themselves duke it out once and for all. If the world backed off - America wouldn't be supplying anything and the 'palestinians' wouldn't be getting aid from Syria and Iran. Israel has a small army and has nuclear weapons that they couldn't use on their own soil.

The Palestinians do not get aid from Syria or Iran. I think you are confusing the Palestinian people, who are under Israeli occupation with Hisbullah. It was 5000 armed Hisbullah fighters that defended their country, the Lebanon, from an Israeli invasion in 2006 and the theft of the Litani River.

Now if the Palestinian people had the same weapons Israel has, it would be over for Israel. The Israel is the only democrasy in the Middle East that kills civilians.

Let this go down the old fashioned way .... Israel vs 'palestinians'. Alone. One on one.
The winner gets that stupid tiny piece of land that they are fighting over. THE END.

'Israel' vs Palestine...a showdown between the oppressor and the oppressed. It is already on dude. The Palestinians are resisting and the Israelis are using the worst possible violence and oppression to break them.

Seriously ... the nonstop fighting over there gets TIRESOME.

Interesting how to equalise the victim and the victimiser. I can imagine you calling the child abuser and the child a fair fight

Side note - If the 'palestinians' do nothing and just keep breeding, they'll outbreed the Jews in Israel and they'll just be able to walk in and take it over. Arafat called for a 'war of the womb' ... he called for.

Arafat never said 'war of the womb'. Arafat viewed his people as heroes and fighters and the birth of every Palestinian child as a precious thing.

Interesting you use the term "outbreed" when describing Palestinian birthrates.

It was Bertrem Wolfe who paraphrased the Bolshevik communist Lenin by writing of the 1917 revolution, "War is the Womb of Revolution". This expression became part of Bolshevik lexicon that went with them when they arrived as zionists in Palestine. This was eventually distorted into 'war of the womb'. Zionists to this day consider a Palestinian woman's womb a weapon. Golda Meir infamously said that she could not sleep worrying about the number of Palestinian children being born; blood thirsty!

Zionists are engaged in a war of genocide and scarring the earth so farmers cannot grow food is part of their war on the people they occupy.
edit on 20-12-2011 by Helixer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The ones who took over the land by force and accept no border can never offer peace and they are not welcome in Palestine.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Here is a video from the region. It highlights how the owners of the land are treated as prisoners.

It also shows a lot of the landscape.

They have a problem of their crops being sabotaged quite often, so that is another obstacle. Many times their crops are burned or poisoned by mobs of angry settlers.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Here is another example of the Israelis purposely screwing with the Palestinians, who are the rightful owner of these lands. The generator for this village no longer worked, so a charity group got the people some solar panels to use as power, but the Israeli authorities said they don't have a permit for these panels and they will be taken down.

West Bank solar panels risk demolition

Clouds of uncertainty hung over this tiny Palestinian village on Wednesday, as locals waited to see if the Israeli army would call off its demolition of the community's solar panels.

It was two years ago that Spanish NGO SEBA joined forces with Nablus's Al-Najah University and installed two solar panels in the community, at the southernmost tip of the West Bank, replacing the gasoline generators that the village had been using as its only source of power.

Since then, the 34 families living in Imneizil have sped into the 21st century, stocking their homes with appliances and rigging up light bulbs inside their tents and small makeshift homes.

The panels also provide power for the local water pump, as the village is not connected to a water pipeline.

But last month, the army, which controls civilian affairs in Area C where the village is located, issued a demolition order for the panels and a nearby control structure, saying they were built without a permit.

Israeli NGOs and the UN's Habitat agency have urged the army to freeze the order, which they say came as a surprise to the village.

www.yourmiddleeast.com...

Please don't tell me that they should have got a permit

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If hamas does denounce violence will the west ever hear of it?? If IF they managed 1 year of no violence will the west ever publicize it?

If they do mange to renounce violence this would do the palestinians the biggest boost of support from the world. But I suppose if the fire is stoked daily it doesn't subside.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I just wish this whole thing would end, i am so sick of hearing about the middle east, of reading about it, of hearing rumors about it, of hearing other people talking about it etc.

If something is going to happen just let it happen because i am just tired of waiting for the axe to fall.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Suffi

From what I have observed over the last while, Hamas is serious about peace. There have been splinter extremist factions that did a few horrible things, and they get dealt with But, many of the accusations from Israel were false and proven wrong.

Israel bombed Gaza, and their excuse was..."We saw terrorists about to launch a missile so we launched an airstrike right before they fired it" that's BS if I ever heard it.

The only real attack was earlier this year when the militants attacked that bus near the border. It's very safe to say that Israel was the terrorist in that region this year as they are the ones who performed the most terrorist attacks.

They attacked Gaza and the West Bank.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I'm not exactly sick of talking about it. I'm sick of things happening that make me feel obligated to talk about it, I agree that it's an ongoing issue with no resolution in sight that can get tiresome. My perspective of it is that it's happening on a large scale and the victims are portrayed as the aggressors. In my opinion that's completely wrong and against everything I stand for.

Very often I come across people in my everyday life spewing hatred about the area knowing nothing of what they speak about. I consider myself educated in the issue so if I see people spreading misinformation I will point it out. I also like to alert people to what's going on over there because where I'm from a lot of people have the wrong idea.

It saddens me to see my fellow countrymen say "turn the whole area into a parking lot". That attitude scares me and needs to be gone. If most people knew what was going on over there, they would care a lot more and have a much stronger opinion on the subject.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The Palestinian authority and Hamas are lairs, and you are their tool to spread their lies.
They say one thing to the west and another amongst themselves,

this is their plan, also known as the stage doctrine:

“Hamas spokesman Salah Bardawil denied Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's announcement”

www.ynetnews.com...

Hamas Preacher in Gaza Sermon Cites Antisemitic Hadith and Calls: Death to the Jews and to America

Abbas: Recent Arab summit discussed war against Israel

www.albawaba.com...

Everytime I read one of your posts, it's like watching a 'Fringe' episode and their parallel universe.
edit on 21-12-2011 by gravitational because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The Palestinian authority and Hamas are lairs, and you are their tool to spread their lies.
They say one thing to the west and another amongst themselves,

this is their plan, also known as the stage doctrine:

“Hamas spokesman Salah Bardawil denied Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's announcement”

www.ynetnews.com...

Hamas Preacher in Gaza Sermon Cites Antisemitic Hadith and Calls: Death to the Jews and to America

Abbas: Recent Arab summit discussed war against Israel

www.albawaba.com...

Everytime I read one of your posts, it's like watching a 'Fringe' episode and their parallel universe.
edit on 21-12-2011 by gravitational because: (no reason given)

He is a tool for Hamas like your a tool for the Zionist. Look at the source you are using for your videos memri tv is nothing but a Zionist propaganda machine founded by Israelis and run by Israelis. Even the US state department has make complaints about the mistranslations they a making on purpose to make it look like Israel is the innocent one everyone wants to kill.

Norman Finkelstein, in an interview with the Muslim newspaper In Focus said MEMRI ”uses the same sort of propaganda techniques as the Nazis… It’s a reliable assumption that anything MEMRI translates from the Middle East is going to be unreliable

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Gravi, your smoke and mirrors won't work among us non sheep. The Palestinian authority has taken a peaceful diplomatic approach for quite a while now, Hamas has pledged to promote peace, and they have done so thus far, what have the Israelis done? All they have done is make threatening announcements and put fear into the people of Palestine that their homes are never safe.

Even American officials are telling the Israelis to get to the table, as they're the ones who are avoiding any possible negotiations. I'm not sure if you took the time to click the links I provided in my OP, but it proves what I'm saying to be correct. Palestine wants peace, Israel doesn't, current day events prove this. I'm saddened that even after all this you must sink to accusing all parties as terrorists.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

But all you ever show is opinions and words..

How about some actual actions to back that up??

Talk is cheap..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join