It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Taxes for 160 million Americans are going up starting January 1

page: 6
8
<< 3  4  5   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 


Why are Democrats less of an American when they want to extend a tax break for their target voters, the middle class?

Somehow Republicans are super duper American freedom lovers when the wealthy receive a tax cut because why? Creating jobs? Is that right? Democrats are lazy and love free stuff right?

Where in the world do you get these ideas? Have you ever worked a real day in your life even? Real work? A 12 hour day full of sweat and back breaking labor? Wait wait, I know. Laborers are uneducated and deserve what little they get right?

You're a fool.




posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 


I think it's just an extension...no additional "refund" that I know of...happy to look into it though.



posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
This is one area/topic I haven't been able to keep up on..so what does it mean exactly? How much more will be taken out..(pretend your paycheck is 1516.80 gross - 1182.18 net /biweekly) What will it look like now? Does this mean no income/child tax credit from IRS come April? I'm totally confused about all this and feel so overwhelmed by everything else that I just don't understand all of it.


Just pretend that you are 65 years old, and living on Social Security. Now take 2% out of that amount you have to live on. Voilà! You're now starving!

The "payroll tax cut" wasn't a Federal Income Tax cut, it was a FICA cut, which is Social Security. 2% less going into SS means 2% less in the SS fund, which means 2% more that our wonderful government has to find. Hmm, I wonder where they'll take it from? Any guesses?

/TOA



posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by xuenchen
 


Why are Democrats less of an American when they want to extend a tax break for their target voters, the middle class?

Somehow Republicans are super duper American freedom lovers when the wealthy receive a tax cut because why? Creating jobs? Is that right? Democrats are lazy and love free stuff right?

Where in the world do you get these ideas? Have you ever worked a real day in your life even? Real work? A 12 hour day full of sweat and back breaking labor? Wait wait, I know. Laborers are uneducated and deserve what little they get right?

You're a fool.


Well the post you replyed to says nothing about Dems or Repubs !

The first 3 lines were a joke .....

The rest is a prediction regardless of parties, and finally a question if we are getting an added tax refund for those of us that file returns based on income.

Any current and near future tax breaks will be short lived.

The debt is going to be addressed by the next regime regardless of party.

The only way to pay off the crimminal debt caused by both parties is by increasing government revenues. That would be tax increases.

As for you final comment....

Tell me something I don't know !


Please pull your thoughts together and post some logic.


answers:

Where in the world do you get these ideas?

From my foolish ideas of course !





Have you ever worked a real day in your life even? Real work? A 12 hour day full of sweat and back breaking labor?

Yes, Yes, Yes.
And have paid big tax money too !





Wait wait, I know. Laborers are uneducated and deserve what little they get right?

I say wrong.
I know "Laborers" that make good money in construction.





Why are Democrats less of an American when they want to extend a tax break for their target voters, the middle class?

I don't think they are.





Somehow Republicans are super duper American freedom lovers when the wealthy receive a tax cut because why? Creating jobs? Is that right? Democrats are lazy and love free stuff right?

I'm not following your logic.



posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by Neopan100
This is one area/topic I haven't been able to keep up on..so what does it mean exactly? How much more will be taken out..(pretend your paycheck is 1516.80 gross - 1182.18 net /biweekly) What will it look like now? Does this mean no income/child tax credit from IRS come April? I'm totally confused about all this and feel so overwhelmed by everything else that I just don't understand all of it.


Just pretend that you are 65 years old, and living on Social Security. Now take 2% out of that amount you have to live on. Voilà! You're now starving!
/TOA


But lowering the FICA will convince more people to join the workforce! And that will increase SS revenue. Lowering rates always increases revenue!
If you think that revenue is lowered by lowering the FICA rate, you must also think that the Bush tax cuts lowered revenue, and that one can't be true.

(Not to mention that the 2% are paid for, once in IOUs and the other plan was a surcharge on the 2nd million of dollars you earn, but the repugs didn't like that plan.)



posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by narwahl



But lowering the FICA will convince more people to join the workforce! And that will increase SS revenue. Lowering rates always increases revenue!

 


Interesting concept.

Can you explain this in detail.

What if no jobs exist ?

What about people who can't get unemployment or get a job ?

Does this suggest that people recieving unemployment will all of a sudden stop and get any old job ?

Unless of course this is a satire


If it is, good one !



posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
AT the end I summarize the war against the hard working middle class tax payer in this nation as nothing but plain thievery at the hands of those that swore to protect us when elected to power.

Sometimes I wonder why so many can not see that no matter what crock comes to power we the tax payer will still be oppressed to protect those few at the top.



Austerity in the US is in full gear and will get worst, just look around you in your states and local governemnts but remember that this austerity is just impose on the working class not the ones at the top.



posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
it seems the top 1% still have to pick up the tab that 99% do not have to pay. The tax deal went through, for 2 months any way www.businessweek.com... and from the white house, has not made one yet www.whitehouse.gov...



posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It is official 2 month extension on tax cuts www.whitehouse.gov... form the link er statement

THE PRESIDENT: Good afternoon, everybody. I know you're all looking forward to spending time with their families over the holidays, but we did have one last piece of business to finish up. I said it was critical for Congress not to go home without preventing a tax increase on 160 million working Americans, and I'm pleased to say that they've got it done. So I want to thank all the members of Congress for ending the stalemate and making this happen.

Because of this agreement, every working American will keep their tax cut -- about $1,000 for a typical family. And that’s -- translates into an extra $40 or so in every paycheck. Vital unemployment insurance will continue for millions of Americans who are looking for work. And when Congress returns, I urge them to keep working, without drama, without delay, to reach an agreement that extends this tax cut as well as unemployment insurance through all of 2012.
so there you have it no tax increase, now back to the funny's
edit on 23-12-2011 by bekod because: editting



posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
It is official 2 month extension on tax cuts www.whitehouse.gov... form the link er statement

THE PRESIDENT: Good afternoon, everybody. I know you're all looking forward to spending time with their families over the holidays, but we did have one last piece of business to finish up. I said it was critical for Congress not to go home without preventing a tax increase on 160 million working Americans, and I'm pleased to say that they've got it done. So I want to thank all the members of Congress for ending the stalemate and making this happen.

Because of this agreement, every working American will keep their tax cut -- about $1,000 for a typical family. And that’s -- translates into an extra $40 or so in every paycheck. Vital unemployment insurance will continue for millions of Americans who are looking for work. And when Congress returns, I urge them to keep working, without drama, without delay, to reach an agreement that extends this tax cut as well as unemployment insurance through all of 2012.
so there you have it no tax increase, now back to the funny's
edit on 23-12-2011 by bekod because: editting


Notice how Obama refers to and emphasizes the $40 per paycheck.

That would be if you get paid every two weeks.

For weekly pay, it is $20, assuming you make $1000 a week (.02 x 1000 = $20).

And, he is assuming the extension goes beyond the 8 week timeframe when saying $1000.

So in reality, we get a guarenteed $160 break.

No problem however, the workers keep the S.S. cut.

Maybe they will make good on some of our national debts that we will eventually have to pay at the rate of $40 or $50 per day per taxpayer !!

www.abovetopsecret.com...



edit on Dec-23-2011 by xuenchen because:




posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by narwahl

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by Neopan100
This is one area/topic I haven't been able to keep up on..so what does it mean exactly? How much more will be taken out..(pretend your paycheck is 1516.80 gross - 1182.18 net /biweekly) What will it look like now? Does this mean no income/child tax credit from IRS come April? I'm totally confused about all this and feel so overwhelmed by everything else that I just don't understand all of it.


Just pretend that you are 65 years old, and living on Social Security. Now take 2% out of that amount you have to live on. Voilà! You're now starving!
/TOA


But lowering the FICA will convince more people to join the workforce! And that will increase SS revenue. Lowering rates always increases revenue!
If you think that revenue is lowered by lowering the FICA rate, you must also think that the Bush tax cuts lowered revenue, and that one can't be true.

(Not to mention that the 2% are paid for, once in IOUs and the other plan was a surcharge on the 2nd million of dollars you earn, but the repugs didn't like that plan.)


Cutting 2% out of SS means they have to make it up by charging higher interest somewhere else. They chose charging 2% more on home loans from Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. If it was an actual "payroll tax cut", meaning a cut to our Federal Income Tax, they would just have to tighten their buckle on spending to account for it. But we can't have that, can we? No, sir! Spending must go on!

/TOA



posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American
 


It's not a 2% cut. It's a 2 percentage point cut. It's actually closer to 30%
The somewhere else to get it from proposed was the 2nd million you earn.
And that still might happen

Anyway: Only Federal income tax counts as a tax cut?
Great!
That means we can put Capital gains back to 30%, reinstitute the Paris Hilton Tax, and raise the corporate taxrate! I mean those aren't real taxes, right?



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American
 
and around around it goes where it stops, only the 1% knows, tax tax tax the poor, spare spare the rich, they need all they can get, not for jobs, but for limos and mansions instead. Save the Gold kill the dollar, do not spend a dime to save the poor, for they will never run out.
and around around it goes where it stops, only the 1% knows, tax tax tax the poor, spare spare the rich, they need all they can get, not you or I unless we are in the top 1%, then it is spend spend spend, party's and party's on yachts, midnight flights on privet jets, $1,000 on one a glass of Champagne $10,000 if you dine. think it is a joke , not so just do not choke

Champagne that costs $1,000 a glass
BEPPI CROSARIOL | Columnist profile | E-mail
From Wednesday's Globe and Mail (includes update)
Published Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2011 3:26PM EDT
Last updated Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011 7:38AM EDT



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Both the Democrats and the GOP have no realistic plan to create jobs. The GOP wants tax cuts and removal of regulation for growth of Big Buisness.

The Democrats want to spend money we don't have to temporarily create jobs that are really nothing but a circular....spend money to create jobs to add more people working for the goverment or subsidize UNION WOKERS and Goverment employees with perks and benifits as well as a salary beyond what their work is worth...if it is needed at all in reality.

The ONLY PLAN that will create MILLIONS of jobs within 6 months to a year is commitment to SMALL BUISNESSES! Small Buisness creates OVER 80% of all jobs in the U.S....yet neither party has done anything to help the largest by far employer.

Make available ZERO% interest loans of $5000 for each new employee hired up to 5 employees....for 6 to 14 new employees...make available $7500 per each employee in loans available...and so on up the scale.

A small town company...say a bakery or Retail store....that has 10 employees hired....and by doing so....has available $75,000 in Zero% loans with a payback schedual of 5 years....means....$15,000 spread over 12 payments a year for five years.

A small buisness can do ALOT with $75,000.....and if you look at the numbers....to create 10 new jobs that must be held by someone over the five years.....is a cheaper plan an less costly to the taxpayer than ANY PLAN GIVEN BY EITHER PARTY! Split Infinity



posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity


The ONLY PLAN that will create MILLIONS of jobs within 6 months to a year is commitment to SMALL BUISNESSES! Small Buisness creates OVER 80% of all jobs in the U.S....yet neither party has done anything to help the largest by far employer.

 


That plan worked well for many decades and still does where it still exists.

The worldwide corporations hate "small businesses".

If they liked the idea, they would not be eliminating them.

Small Business creates to much independence and at the same time creates less social problems.

Psychopaths do not like "independence" out of their control.

We are not dealing with rational people.




top topics



 
8
<< 3  4  5   >>

log in

join