It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trailer for 'Dark Knight Rises' Hits the Web

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Trailer for 'Dark Knight Rises' Hits the Web

movies.yahoo.com

Perhaps most telling is what Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle (aka Catwoman) whispers to Bruce Wayne while dancing.

"You think this can last," Kyle says, an apparent reference to Wayne's extreme wealth, and a nod to a much version of the real life 99% Occupy Movement. "There's a storm coming, Mr. Wayne. You and your friends better batten down the hatches. Because when it hits you're all going to wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us."

The screen then fills with images of mansions being ransacked, the wealthy cowering under antique t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Is this another means of mind control. Of course political minded movies are not unusual. >>Commenters from around the Web are, of course, chiming in with their thoughts. Most are focusing on the movie's seemingly political message. One commenter on EW writes, "GOP fears Batman." Another speculates, "At one event, there are people at a football game. A stadium filled of the working class? At another event, a posh event full of the powerful elite. If that's so, why is Bane attacking the working man? Maybe Bane represents the powerful bully (corporations, 1%) disguised as a working man."

movies.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I bet there will be a whole load of people cheering on the "Bad guys" for once in this movie

link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

It's not mind control, it's hollywood. Guess what? working poor outnumber the Rich. They aren't going to line up to watch a movie where they get crapped all over by some Rich old fart who is set up as a hero.

Ironically even walking into that theater sets them up for such a scene. Nothing political here. The movie was being filmed before OWS even started. It's been in production for at least 2 years.

link   

Another means for mind control? What are you talking about?

In other news, that movie looks badass! Best Batman movies to date!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I wonder if they actually planned to release the trailer today of if it was a reaction to it being leaked to the web yesterday..?

Prologue, Trailer for 'Dark Knight Rises' Leak – Video

'Dark Knight Rises’ Official Trailer Leaked, Watch Here Now

'Dark Knight Rises' Trailer Leaked: Bane, Bale and Eight Year Gap

Missed the "Dark Knight Rises" prologue when it leaked online last night? Don't worry.

In addition to the prologue itself, still slated to play in select IMAX theaters ahead of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol," the newest trailer for the last Batman movie has leaked early, and countless interviews with director Christopher Nolan and stars Christian Bale and Tom Hardy provide more than enough information to tide over fans who missed the prologue yesterday.

edit on 20-12-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
OMFG!!

Batman is out in the daytime in this movie? That's the first time ever!!!!

I can't wait till summer 2012!!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Sounds good prob not as good as the Dark Knight, but none of the recent batmans have disappointed yet.

On a side note I wont be ransacking rich peoples houses when SHTF. Because I firmly believe it is all of us who have feed this beast. And if any one individual believes this debt is one person, company, firm, countries fault, then they need to take one looooooooooong look into the mirror because whatever happens from here on out we must all realize we are all in the same boat.

Throw the captain over, but first make sure you know how to steer a boat.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I bet there will be a whole load of people cheering on the "Bad guys" for once in this movie

I confess that I loved the Joker...he got #e rolling...that said...there is a scene in the previous Batman movie that got me...the scene where the Bat caught the Joker and told him that th "people chose good"...

We have to be careful with symbolism...reality is a much different animal than presumed expression via movies...yeah...Catwoman in the trailor has a point...but peaceful recognition and protest is the answer...keep in mind that they are machinating for the Occupy/Virginia Tech false flag...don't lose focus...there are many not awake yet and many who they can still manipulate...sadly...

99%...Hold until all of their cards are spent...then they lose...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
LOL, Batman is going to fight OWS....awesome.

After all...Batman is part of the 1%.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Looks like crap and above all looks CHEESY!

What is with the "epic conclusion" bit? Is this a freakin kids movie? "Epic conclusion"...

To be honest the trailer looks like a b movie. Effects look crap, dialogue looks crap, even the flying batmobile looks like it's dangling from the strings even though you can't even see the strings...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Looks good, i'll have to wait to get home beofre I can hear it though.

I have been wondering latly wether this series would be a trilogy or ongoing Saga, I was hoping for the Saga but I guess this answers it for the time being.

On that note, surely thay can't end the series with Bane as the final villian, he always seemed like such a side character to the penguins, riddlers and jokers of the series.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yep, this really is the end.

Nolan, Bale and the rest of the crew that worked on these three have called it a day, no more Batman for them.

I've followed this movie from July and when I saw the trailer (Trailer #2 officially) yesterday, I loved it. The whole thing looks awesome so no idea why people say otherwise.

Bane as main villain makes sense now because he's as smart as the comic book version but without the huge bodybuilder look. He's more like a mercenary now and that's ok with me.

I was tempted to post this trailer as a thread last night before I went to bed only without the idiotic claims of 1% and bankers and other conspiracy BS. Wish I had now for the easy stars and flags.

My most anticipated movie of 2012 by far in a year that sounds packed full of great or potentially great movies.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

While he's a late comer Bane is arguably a more important villain than anyone else in the Rogue's Gallery other than Joker and possibly Two-Face. He is the first person to truly beat Batman. While Joker may have killed Jason Todd (Robin II), Bane broke Batman's back on his first outing. My guess is The Dark Knight Rises will follow a similar plot as that with Joseph Gordan-Levitt's character filling in for the role of Azrael and Dick Grayson who both took on the role of Batman while Bruce was sidelined.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Anne Hathaway as Catwoman? I don't see it.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

That's what I thought at first until I saw this picture.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

looks good apart from the obviously photoshopped boobies. Hathaway is nowhere near that large IRL.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by FEDec

That's what I thought at first until I saw this picture.

Yeah, that was some fan art created before the official image was released by the studio. Just photoshopped Anne's face onto someone else based on an image of Catwoman from the comics.

Also, who DOESN'T see Anne as Catwoman? Is it because she got her start through Disney movies? She's perfect so far despite the lack of footage other than the second trailer.

Remember when everyone went nuts over Heath Ledger playing Joker until they actually saw the movie and suddenly changed their opinion to agree that he had the defining Joker portrayal after years of loyalty to Nicholson's version?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Also, who DOESN'T see Anne as Catwoman? Is it because she got her start through Disney movies? She's perfect so far despite the lack of footage other than the second trailer.

No It's cause I've never seen her in anything where she does any kind of serious action. I mean obviously they'll just CGI her in or use a body double but I still won't believe what Im seeing.

Even her name just evokes the idea of an actress who is meant to be playing some prudish wife in English costume drama's. Plus I don't think she can play the broken nice girl like the part needs.

As for the "no one thought Heath would be a good joker." point. Well he put himself through some intense method acting to get there. Plus he was a genuinely troubled person, Hathaway will need to go much farther outside her comfort zone for catwoman than Heath had to for the joker.

I don't see it.

My pick would have been Gillian Jacobs. Equally untested in action but much more used to movement and she can definitely play damaged and dangerous.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

While the majority of her filmography is rom-coms and children's films she does have a few roles she could draw on. Specifically Havoc and Rachel Getting Married. If Nolan were doing a Year One style Catwoman I would say that Hathaway would be wrong for the part, but from the trailer it looks like he's going with a Selina that has already left her prostitute past behind and has started being a recognized member of high-society.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join