It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are so many people getting sick in random cities across the US?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I’m referring to a recent spike in reports of large groups of people falling ill at indoor / outdoor functions, often in schools, as well as in their homes / businesses.

No one is able to determine a cause, what could transform a crowd of people in a short amount of time — what could spread this fast.. what could ALL these people have ate or drank to cause this? Some are asking .. what is in the air?!

Regardless of the source of this new outbreak.. one thing is for sure… large groups of people are falling ill with unknown symptoms & unknown causes — and the authorities quarantined some of these groups.

In the MSM, they're not linking all of these events together, sometimes they say it's the ventilation system that was faulty, sometimes it's gas, sometimes unknown... But the symptoms are very similar.

Please watch the most recent videos to get up to speed, most of them are from Sheilaalien on YouTube who's been doing a pretty good job of documenting all the recent cases.

Florida, Pennsylvania, New York - 72 people sickened in 2 days

[bPennsylvania - dozens of students sickened at school, sent home

Las Vegas, Nevada - 531 runners get sick during a marathon

New York - School evacuated after UNKNOWN toxic substance released

Florida, 5 PLANE ATTENDANTS get sick because of unknown odor

Pennsylvania - 200 people seek treatments after HAZMAT situation

Tucson, Arizona - Chemical odor troubles mall shoppers in Tucson

Fort Collins, and greater Colorado

Is Fracking making people sick in Colorado?

USA overview - more hospitalizated as "Mystery Odor" continues...

In other countries also...

Poland - Kids in Poland dropping like flies from unknown cause

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the post on here about the 14k dead from radiation carried over from Japan.

U

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I guess I could cough up a few reason here why there might be widespread sickness. Because there is not that many nutrients in food anymore, moreover food is made with genetically modified organisms. Which is like McDonald's Burger King, you know all the big names..they make it super cheap so you can it more often! The other concern is the radioactive Isotopes, that have come across from Japan, (CA and WA both reported elevated levels, Yet OR didn't report anything) not to mention lax security at most bio-labs. Not to mention people depend more on pharmaceutical medicine then good nutrition. Also chem trailing has increased asthma rates and pneumonia... well there are a bunch of examples all of which can be drawn from the governments mouth themselves and not some highly speculative radio hosts.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Maybe all those things happen all the time but because nowadays we have news spreading all over the world in seconds it makes folk connect dots that aren't really connected?

edit on 20-12-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well its winter... thats first and foremost... also remember the H1N1 virus that made a HUGE media stink??? and turned out to be weaker than the regular flu???? Well..... Thats still around so people who normally don't get the flu are catching that (I was one of them) I have gotten the flu ONCE before in my life... at age 14 and now....

also allergens are HIGH this year... ALL over, the winters are weird all around the country.... allergies change every 7 years. So... people getting hay fever (so to speak) not being able to cure them with zicam (in fact that'll make it worse)

So... i always take a Zyrtec first and 90% of the time it clears me up :-D

just a thought.... people like to complain you know?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I get your point, but most of these events happened in schools, which were evacuated. They tested the different areas, and they still can't come up with a logical explanation. All of these different events happened in december. The hospitals don't know the cause after testing, thus it is not common flu or H1N1.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Yet allergens should only affect a small percentage. Whatever this is, it makes them vomit, feeling of burning in the eyes, trouble breathing. HAZMAT team were called in and they can't find the cause. Schools & malls were evacuated and closed for the day. You don't get that with common flu, H1N1 or allergens.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HeavenWolf

So you're suggesting that McDonald's and the lack of nutrients in food would cause a school to be evacuated, students on their knees crying and vomiting?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMaybeNot
reply to post by HeavenWolf

So you're suggesting that McDonald's and the lack of nutrients in food would cause a school to be evacuated, students on their knees crying and vomiting?

Yup you ever eaten a Mcd's? happens to me everytime I have eaten them

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

The crazy thing is that my even my cat won't eat a McD's patty.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
what's going on?

lots of people are coughing like crazy, i would say like over 1 in 2 people in public, its so annoying, i dont want to catch it whatever it is, just bought surgical masks and i see people catching onto the surgical masks in US streeets these days like in asian countries.. hope dust masks help some!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Not only that..but do you guys really know what the heck they put in the food that is fed to children!? I constantly have to keep tabs on the school my child goes to. Check, and to your surprise your children will be fed foods loaded with GMO if they even get anything worth checking on. Not to mention with most school districts running a deficit, I would also like to suggest poor sanitary conditions as well. The list goes on and on, or it could I guess. Truth is I dont know everything, but its not just children that suffer though either. Many it seems are just becoming ill with no medical cause. Some E.R rooms are so full they are overloaded, so yeah I definately know there is a problem, but the roots of the problem are still sadly unknown.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Very good thread there MrMaybeNot, lots of links to lots of illness but no answers.
I suspect you are on to something here, As another poster stated above we too here in Ontario seem to have a rampant case of the coughs.
I mean lots and lots of people here hacking and hacking.
I will be following this thread for the duration.
S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

This video shows how widespread this mystery is. I watched the movie Contagion last week and it makes you think...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Perhaps we have been avoiding germs for so long by trying to sterilize our homes and bodies that nature is going to catch up to us soon and we won't be able to handle it because we have been running from germs instead of evolving with them. Just a loose theory.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I agree with MrMaybeNot - the 2011 movie Contagion is a must-see if you didn't see it in September when it was first released. Here is the official movie clip of Contagion from the Warner Brothers website:

contagionmovie.warnerbros.com...#/home

The DVD is available now. The Blu-ray version will be released on January 3, 2011. Here's the Amazon promo:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1324416785&sr=1-3

I recommend watching Contagion because it's the first movie about an epidemic/pandemic that I've ever seen where they got the science right. It's as suspenseful as The Andromeda Strain.
edit on 12/20/2011 by Uphill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I was going to ask for some documentation to back up the claims but clearly you have some. Strange trend but I have a tendency to blame the interwebz for fast knowledge transfer.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The second video is interesting.

It seemed like the kids were all experiencing the extreme heat feeling around the same time. Then becoming sick afterwards. I can't see a viral infection being so concise, quick and confined to do that.

I'm willing to wager these kids have had fevers before. But what they were explaining sounded like they were feeling something from their environment.

I'll check out the rest of the videos...

...Most of the other videos are odor related which makes sense why people would be getting sick (toxins-wise). Who knows where those poisonous fumes are coming from. These days we run the world on poison.
edit on 20-12-2011 by StrangeBrew because: to check out the other videos

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
As shown in the movie Contagion (links are in my earlier post above in this thread), it's all about the fomites. A fomite is any object in the environment that then transmits infections to anyone touching it. For example, one recent infection control study in a hospital found that the dirtiest item in the average inpatient's room is ..... the TV remote control. My guess is that the staff never cleans these because they have not been trained on how to clean them. With the rapidly increasing proliferation of technology gadgets, this problem will only get worse (the average cellphone is disgustingly germy) --- not only cellphones are implicated but also all computers, including desktop keyboards and screens, E-book readers, and interactive touchscreen iPads, especially those increasingly being marketed to little kids. Cross-contamination, anyone?

How to clean your gadget: Make a 50-50 solution of isopropyl alcohol (common drugstore rubbing alcohol) and water. Apply with a cotton cloth. Let dry. How often to do this? For those under 18, a parent should do this daily. Over 18, daily when you're sick, otherwise weekly, I'd say.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Chemtrails, germ warefare, and ELF/UHF microwaves. Get with the times, NWO is already here and trying to tighten the clamp.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join