It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super smart mice created by scientists...Oh no....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

You can live the traumatic experience over and over if you want, but you also have means to re-live it from different point of view. This is how for exmaple MDMA therapy works.. Kind of chemically forcing people think differently of the subject, hence giving relief.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JackTheTripper

So you would like to relive say the death of a loved one? Or the time where you got teased mercilessly or beaten up? Or any other tramatic experience, never being able to forget such? Memory is not something you can change, or rearrange.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

You cannot change world, but you can change your point of view about the world. Then you can act so the world seems to change. Same goes with memories. I would indeed want to live every possible feeling while I can. By changing my point of view (re-living a situation) I can make a sad thing happier and happy things sad or even painful.

Never let the fear control you, you control the fear - and other feelings as well. If you cannot live up on that, maybe you need some forcing psychedelic therapy to let loose of your ego. It's not about changing a memory or rearranging it - it's about changing a perspective about the subjective thing.

For a memory about being beaten up - add some causality and you probably now notice that you may be a pacifist and defender of the weak - without the beating up you would'nt be there just now. If life gives you lemons, add some sugar and you have lemonaid. Got it?

Everybody knows how to change positive to negative in this #ed up world. But it's just as easy to change negative to positive.
edit on 29-1-2012 by JackTheTripper because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join