It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super smart mice created by scientists...Oh no....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Elephants aren't ruling the world are they? I think we'll be okay even if the mice do win a game of Memory once in a while.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
A message to scientists.

While you play around doing untold damage, could you please try and work out how humans can survive on this beautiful planet?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
A message to scientists.

While you play around doing untold damage, could you please try and work out how humans can survive on this beautiful planet?

lets do it right now. i'll start.

okay. first we stop doing everything. all at once. just to all stop for a moment. every person on the planet

take a breath of fresh air.

from there we all collectively figure out how we're going to help someone get the food and water they need to survive.

no matter who they are. if they need it, they will have it.

then we need to properly educate everyone on the basics.

we just need to go back to the basics of every thing that we have in our lives, to the essentials.

we are surrounded with ...the unessential

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
why would a smart mouse need to get cheese off a trap when it can just make it?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
intelligence is being able to remember things...memory is everything. Some idiot created killer bees and those got loose, now some nut is gonna create super smart mice who will likely end up breaking themselves out.....

And some other nut took the relatively harmless avian flu and made it airborne and deadly to humans... and he is demanding he be allowed to tell the world his formula

Man-made super-flu could kill half humanity
rt.com...

Scientists are public enemy # 1

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Scientists are public enemy # 1

So you won't be wanting any of the cure - created by scientists - then?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Planet of the Mice is upon us!
Well, on the bright side, at least they don't have thumbs.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jechu
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

We will get super smart?
I don't get what the problem is.

The problems will arise, when you have 2 breeds of human, the rich super smart and the normal human. Humans will be seperated by the biological changes they can afford for themselves and their off spring.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Not only that, but their experiments accidently created a virus that kills humans (the apes had stronger immune systems), and the end of the movie suggested that it spread all over the world, meaning humans go extinct and Apes take over the world.

Yes! In the article it said something about this molecule in the brain they suppressed to create this memory effect on mice, also triggered the brain to alert it to infections. This is *almost* the same thing as AIDs if I am understanding it correctly. If you suppress something that signals the brain of a viral infection, isn't that the same as turning off your immune system? If your brain never gets a signal of virus, will your brain tell your immune system to remove the virus, or merely allow the virus to reproduce inside you without any attack from your immune system? I'm not totally sure how this molecule interacts with that part of your body, but it would seem very plausible.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
So you won't be wanting any of the cure - created by scientists - then?

well let's look at that...

They claim they have isolated the aging gene... when they decide who gets to live forever, do you think we the common folk will ever get it? Or will it go to the elite?

It was rumored that AIDS was created in a lab but went beyond what its intent was... now they have a 'cure' that involves them injecting you with a virus to prevent you getting it, not if you already have it...

Mandatory flu shots are killing more people than the flu

And they will never release a cure for the cold or cancer as long as drug companies are allowed to make mega bucks on keeping us sick. Maybe that is why so many microbiologists have been disappearing or turning up dead recently

Scientists that create super tech weapons... more ways to kill people

Scientists that create new electronic gizmos... well back in the day before computers, people would get together outdoors to socialize and DO THINGS... skiing trips, scuba, car racing.. hiking, camping, exploring the world...

Now thanks to these nerd scientists socializing has been reduced to a facebook wall, the coffee shops are empty because everyone is hiding in their caves chatting online... heck they are even dating and having sex online because they can be anything they want to be

Try to take the kids out for a weekend camping you have to haul along the lap tops Ipods, cell phones and video games...

Scientists have made all sorts of gizmos to get us to space... but you and I still cannot even get a look up there unless we can fork over a few million..

Scientists want to drill a hole in the magma bubble at Yellowstone... to release pressure... uh yeah great idea...

Scientists want to drill into lake Vostok and release microbes that haven't seen the light of day for 420,000 years... yup marvelous plan

Fortunately cooler heads prevailed...

Even Carl Sagan planned to Nuke the Moon to search for organic material... Oh dang, Carl... there WAS life there..

Scientists are creating super viruses by taking the relatively harmless bird flu that humans only catch by eatting bird droppings and made it airborne and highly contagious and deadly to humans... WHY? If that gets out, it could kill 50% of the population... oh right I guess that is the 'why'

Now we get headlines like "NASA Bombs the Moon" from Scientific American and the blew up a comet and had no idea why the big secondary explosion occurred.

So tell me... does the good out weigh the bad?

edit on 21-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

NO, there is no "Whatever" about it. You are bantering about words and terms that you do not understand, and are attempting to slap definitions onto words where they do not apply.

Um....actually if you reread the thread you're the one who's been spending half a page tryin to define the words smart and intelligence....you could just look it up...here...check this out....
www.thefreedictionary.com...

a. The capacity to acquire and apply knowledge. (Learning things and being able to reproduce the results much more quickly than other mice)
b. The faculty of thought and reason. (Clearly more efficient reasoning is being employed by the super mice if they are able to solve problems that much faster, one's faculty of thought and reason would be worthless if not for memory.)
c. Superior powers of mind. (no question these mice exhibit this over other mice)

Who's intelligent now Mr. Smarty pants?

Look you got so hung up on defining a word that you forgot that memory is everything. Anyone who is considered intelligent will have a great memory, period. Memory is key to your entire reality, smarts included.

Now stop wasting thread space with your nitpicking about simple definitions. I know mice that could contribute more to this thread.....NORMAL mice.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Neuroscientists work on ways of improving the length of our quality life and you think it's sinister?

Never said that, but thanks for taking my words out of context so that I could now lambast you, I do love that.
Improving the length and quality of our lives is great, but as you may have heard, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, that all I'm saying. Sinister implies that the research that these scientists are doing is with bad intentions. If it was it would have never made headlines on Yahoo, because it would very very secretive. This could all end horribly, a number of strikingly similar scenarios played out in movies have already been cited in this thread.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Um! I would pay good money for some thing that gave me a super memory.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
So tell me... does the good out weigh the bad?

Without a shadow of a doubt it does, providing we don't blow ourselves up. It is the greedy idiots with too much power and greed that are the problem.

Antibiotics, vaccination, mechanisation (think Dark Satanic Mills), blood transfusion, organ transplant, birth control, solar power....

If you want anything to be used for good, you need a system that allows it. Don't blame scientists if humanity is too weak to demand that.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
Planet of the Mice is upon us!
Well, on the bright side, at least they don't have thumbs.

YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT'S NEXT "SMART RATS"???

"The Rats" horror novel --- For millions of years man and rats had been natural enemies. But now for the first time - suddenly, shockingly, horribly - the balance of power had shifted and the rats began to prey on the human population.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Funny I posted a thread on rats around the same time you did friend!
RATS Officially Make the NICE LIST this Year! New Study With Surprising Results

This ain't no shameless plug either lol

The study highlighted in my thread revealed profound, groundbreaking information regarding emotion in rats (begging the question as to whether this extends to the rest of the animal kingdom)
The results were highly statistically significant, and the researchers are so confident in the experiment- the data collected, experimenter observations, etc- to make the claim that INDEED,
RATS ARE CONSCIOUSLY AND INTENTIONALLY EMPATHETIC.
This is a big deal!

It's another fascinating facet of the animal kingdom gemstone- and our understanding of what goes on in their minds- A gem with a surface we have only just begun to scratch.

But the main point here, if you haven't figured it out yet,
is that RATS ARE EMPATHETIC.
They care about others- and exhibit surprisingly altruistic behavior that would only occur with higher (human) level thinking.

So- even if they are used for evil-
they will stand up for what's right.

Maybe we can get Master Splinter to mentor them!

edit on 22-12-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Um! I would pay good money for some thing that gave me a super memory.

exactly why you'll never get it......

was there a movie recently with robert dinero and that dude from the hangover where the guy could take some super drug that made him really smart? Anyone remember that? Has that already been mentioned?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Um....actually if you reread the thread you're the one who's been spending half a page tryin to define the words smart and intelligence.

Yes, that is because You don't know what these words mean.

a. The capacity to acquire and apply knowledge.

And you seem to misunderstand the subtle difference between INFORMATION, and KNOWLEDGE.

And this is the entire problem.... IF I told you that the Sun revolves around the Earth, and you MEMORIZED THAT INFORMATION.... that would mean that you have a good memory.

IF you realized that this particular bit of information was WRONG, that would be the application of KNOWLEDGE.

You see, Knowledge is information that is TRUE, as opposed to Any specific type of information.... You get it yet?

Knowledge:
1. The state or fact of knowing.
2. Familiarity, awareness, or understanding gained through experience or study.
3. The sum or range of what has been perceived, discovered, or learned.

Know:
1. To perceive directly; grasp in the mind with clarity or certainty.
2. To regard as true beyond doubt
3. To have a practical understanding of, as through experience; be skilled in

Memory is the ability to Recall information that has been observed... KNOWLEDGE is the understanding of the inherent TRUTH of a proposition.

Therefore, the definition that you have provided supplies 2 things:

A. IT backs up my position.

B. It provides further proof that you do not know what you are saying.

Would you like to try again?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I dont think intelligence will increase per say with memory but having a better memory will certainly help with intelligence.

Look into nootropics

I would try it for sure.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Sounds like the script to-

"Rise of the Planet of the Mice"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join