It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Job interviews. Third time lucky?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Would you bother applying to a job that had already interviewed and turned you down twice before?
I have seen a post available and I was very close in the past; down to last 2-3. Should I bother or take the hint?
Any opinions?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
All I'd say is go for jobs you know you can do and whore out your CV to as many companies as possible. Try to be varied in industries even if it makes for less pay.

Personally I was happy to sacrifice pay for a job I can somewhat enjoy.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Even if they had turned you down twice before?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If anything it shows that you are keen so go for it.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
keen or a loser???? haha.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Put it this way, if you have been turned down twice, but yet still persist - you have a very strong mind & you deserve a placement

Allot of people give up for a while (like me) on finding a job due to the amount of times they have been let down. . In 1 year that iv been un employed, i have sent around 1,000 applications via e-mail, directly going and dropping my CV off or posting it, and out of all of them - i'v had 13 interviews, and im still un employed.

When i dont have an interview for so many weeks, then i'll just give in and be depressed about my existence. as much as people say money doesnt make you happy, i'd be happy having a fkin job right now that gives me money to survive.

Anyway, rant over. I hope to god you get the job, keep it up

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

I was told once by my college instructor that if the company you apply with cant get who they need...they will take who they can get.

I chased my current job for a couple of years. Best job i've ever had.

I also seen a drawing in an office once when I was a soldier that showed a frog being eaten by a stork. His hands were grasping the storks throat stopping him from being swallowed. The caption read " Never quit"
edit on 20-12-2011 by type0civ because: (no reason given)

Oh yea, that same instructor said there is a fine line between being persistent...and being a pain in the arse. You'll know when your there.

Get the job, it's yours.
edit on 20-12-2011 by type0civ because: After thoughts and such

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Thank you for the replies.

I will apply...AGAIN...but if i dont get it...AGAIN...they can stow it!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I have heard of people getting jobs after several tries. I think the key is to show originality and change up your answers.
I have done interviews, honesty gets you far. As well as meeting interview basics( you would be surprised how many people fail this)

always bring a pen or two, even if they offer, use yours, its a test
dont wear fragrences or cologne
wear appropriate clothing
bring copies of everything they could possibly ask for including copies of your resume for several panel members
sit properly

study the organization before you go, and ask questions, even if you have to make them up
this is a big one, it shows your interested in the company

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Thank you for the advice.

new topics

top topics

join