It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong raises bird flu alert level, bans imports

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

All the negative corporate practices you list are not being overlooked or minimised, and i'm sure the practices you mention do not stand particularly favourably when looked at under a spotlight.

However, unless a poultry / farming corporation is actively and deliberately cooking up deadly human to human, airborne viruses, specifically genetically engineered strains of Avian Influenza H5N1, that are MORE easily transmitted to people through human to human via air, as opposed from Bird to human by direct contact with an infected bird, it's fairly moot that big business are a selfish bunch of profiteering slimebags.

I don't focus praise on anyone who would strive to create a version of a deadly virus that is more easily able to infect and kill potentially huge numbers of people, regardless of their motives, and especially when they store those virus in unsecured, relatively easily accessible locations, and then broadcast "Hey, we've managed to turn a bird to human deadly virus into a human to human deadly virus,,,and by the way, it's downstairs in the bloody freezer if you're interested!

It's like telling the world you have anthrax spores stored in a shoe box under your bed.

TELL the world about others engineering it, fine...but don't engineer the thing to be even more deadly and easily spreadable and then tell the world how and where to steal it or how to make it themselves!

These guys are not the paragons of virtue you seem to think they are, and neither are the others doing the same thing around the world.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I don't really have any thoughts on the idea of this becoming another massive event, I just wanted to comment on the development of these things in a lab...

Something that really infuriates me is that these scientists, who are supposedly some of the most remarkable and intelligent people in their fields, forget that a virus is a living creature, with the sole purpose of reproduction and evolution.

You could put however many security precautions you like in place, the intention of that virus is to get out, infect, procreate and evolve at all cost.

Whatever security precautions they do have, you can be are nowhere near adequate. Especially when you have a corporation running the show and their primary concern is profit.

Makes me wonder why such institutions and corporations are not viewed as potential domestic terrorists.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well said.

Playing with nature like this is naive and very, very dangerous.

Granted, cramming tens of thousands of poultry into a large shed, and pumping them full of crap isn't a good idea either, but deliberately screwing around with ways to make an already deadly virus more infectious to human beings is absolute lunacy.

Biological terrorism sounds about right.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Industry conducts more biological terrorism on a routine basis - and H5N1 bird flu was already mutating out of control long before these experiments were done.

Time to take eyes OFF the scapegoats and focus on the big picture. Which is NOT good. Extremely NG.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I did hear an interview with this Dr recently and he nervously laughed and said he did no such thing. I don't think I believe him. They are also messing with these "bugs" in the name of research and probably bio-warfare.
edit on 20-12-2011 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I found this article from 2009, anyone think it is related?

www.uaff.us...

European labs discover flu vaccines made by U.S. company are contaminated with H5N1
edit on 21-12-2011 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Here's something further along the lines of contaminated vaccines... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
FWIW, were I releasing an airborn contagion, I would look for two criteria to be met: (1) the environment should be very densely populated and (2) international travel should be commonplace in that population. An airport in a densely populated country would be perfect.

I wonder why Asian countries seem to be common points of origin for such nasty and deadly forms of the flu.

And no, I'm not attempting to steal soficrow's thunder - her points, as always, are well-researched and valid. This may very well have origins in factory farming. I thought I would just offer a theory on its spread.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
3 schools in my area were closed last week, as there was A VERY bad virus in the area. Not heard of any deaths, but my own son was hospitalized as he was being sick that much, blood camd up, hospital for 4 hours, scanned, x-rated and tons of blood takan. Most people I know had this, some for a day, some for a few days. Maybe its that.? Nobody panicked here, happens every year, I don't know 1 person to die personally. Happens.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Thank you Max! I think that might be the same article. Frightening stuff!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

That's so scary.

And your sure it happens every year. ?

As bad or just this year was bad?

I know myself, I've been sick probably 3 or 4 times in my life, but recently the number of colds and flus, that seem to come out of now where.

I do agree that alot of the mutations are taking place anyway, but to think they even "play" with these bugs. I get that they need to in order to find a cure. But what part of the "science" would require causing the virus to mutate, to allow you to study the effectiveness of a antidote that doesn't even need to exist. ?? Seems like the motives for the "playing" is more than just cure.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join