It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, so if the SHTF....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I was having this conversation with my husband the other day. We have a plan in mind if the SHTF, but, I asked "What is the point"? Seriously, even if we get out and head to our "designated area" We'd be living in fear. Always on the lookout. On top of that, all it will take is for some helicopter or plane to fly over that has thermal imaging on it, We'd be found anyway.

We find ourselves asking the question, "Is it really worth it"? I mean this whole world is messed up anyway, why fight to stay here?

What are some view points you guys have?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The number one rule of any survival situation is maintain a positive attitude.
"We _will_ get through this."
"We _can_ make it."
Things like that.

I would advise against adding "what's the point" to the discussion of plan and meeting places, except in the context of defining it as being _not_ a positive mental attitude.

David Grouchy

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kermitker
I was having this conversation with my husband the other day. We have a plan in mind if the SHTF, but, I asked "What is the point"? Seriously, even if we get out and head to our "designated area" We'd be living in fear. Always on the lookout. On top of that, all it will take is for some helicopter or plane to fly over that has thermal imaging on it, We'd be found anyway.

We find ourselves asking the question, "Is it really worth it"? I mean this whole world is messed up anyway, why fight to stay here?

Allegedly, the Illuminati and global Cabal wish to exterminate 90% of the population for better control. Between you and I, do you honestly want to be part of the 10% who survives and be "in hell" ???

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
hi,

well its not so much as "fighting" anything anymore....or ever I think....it about living

your truth doesnt need you to defend it to be true....though sometimes we feel the need to....

if death is offered demand life...if injustice is rampant be the just person.....not because it is correct even, but rather because in that moment, your truth becomes self evident and manifests as needed beyond even our understanding of it.....those moments are when we learn the most about its nature(our truth)...

fight fighting, not the people doing it...that would be useless when more spring up for the same reason....

I will not live in fear.....not because I decide not to, but because I trust my truth beyond any circumstance where it is threatened.....I would sooner worry about my own well being....and my truth is my safeties garantie as it leads me away from error.

link   

yes there will be hard times but you have to look at the overall picture. It wont always be living in fear. At some point after it all blows over order will be put back in place at the local level

if you are well prepaired, you will not live in fear.

edit on 20-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

link   
Too bad there's not a prize for the millionth SHTF thread, or you would be a lucky poster.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I've often thought about digging out a shelter from underneath the slab of my house as a place to hide in case the gestapo does a door-to-door. Otherwise, I am staying home, and will defend my family if the "s" rolls up my driveway.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54
Too bad there's not a prize for the millionth SHTF thread, or you would be a lucky poster.

LOLZ True. If there isn't anyone on here who doesn't know what "SHTF" means, they are WAY out of touch.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod

Allegedly, the Illuminati and global Cabal wish to exterminate 90% of the population for better control. Between you and I, do you honestly want to be part of the 10% who survives and be "in hell" ???
I am thinking that when culling is all said and done,those who have made it thru will not have it that bad....after all they will need us...or loose interest in us...or accept that we will be the strong that made it.....i dont know but i still wanna be that 10 percent.so i will keep planning on surviving.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Try to look at it this way:

SHTF, has allready happen. Every day we live in fear. We got terrorist, gangsters, global warming, wars, hunger, poverty, comets, aliens, ww3, illuminati, goverments, agencies, you name it, to worry about. Every single day, we are told, our existens are threathened by all these things. And it has come to a point, where people are affraid to look at their neighboors, they could be a murder or a pedofile for all we know!
The truth is, your allready hidding in your safeplace, what you are planning, are simply a back up plan, in case you current safe place wont do it anymore.

You should be asking yourself, why stay, the way things are now?? And as someone else said, to be positive is the key!

A negative person might say: We got 20% unemployment rate, we are doomed, we cant pay for them!!
But a positive person would say: Hey, know we can finaly get the teachers, doctors ect. we need to rebuild our society, we have 20% of our workforce avaible to do these things now!

So be positive, and focus on what you can do, so we dont need to hide in fear anymore. Dont focus on the bad things, as most of them has allready happen, and we are still here, and we can still make this a good place to live
Hope that makes sences

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
No reason in hiding. What you do is simple, you infiltrate, learn about the enemy, learn to work your own agenda covertly. learn to divide and conquor from within. Be secretive, Have cells. You have to become them to defeat them. And always remember you are the strong and they the overlords need us to serve them. In the end, its easy to slip a knife into the back of your overlords if they believe you are loyal. Learn to play there game.

my 2 cents

On on today market it blows

I hope this advice dosn't piss off alot of folks.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I hope for my children's sake that this outlook doesn't catch on. I personally hope that I am one of the 10% to survive because people with this attitude are going to need a king. The hardest thing for me to understand about the United States of America today is how we have become so subdued. We are letting the TPTB run all over us.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Otherwise, I am staying home, and will defend my family if the "s" rolls up my driveway.

Well that plan didn't work so good in New Orleans

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Thank You for all the responses. I was just simply stating that if I do run, if I do fight, what are we fighting for? For our rights? For our Freedom? Those were all taken away already.

This world has diminished so much that I don't think I even want to live here, even if I do survive and I am part of the 10% my family and friends will not be with me. Half of them think we're crazy for even having such a plan.

The aftermath will not be pretty, I rather not see everyone slaughtered, I rather be one of the slaughtered and not live through to see it.

I have nothing really to fight for. I don't have kids and chose not to bring life into a world so full of hate and greed.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

if I do run, if I do fight, what are we fighting for?

Survival and personal honor in a moral struggle for every human beings right to the same freedom you possess.

For our rights? For our Freedom? Those were all taken away already.

by natural law, you are obliged to take it back.

This world has diminished so much that I don't think I even want to live here

Be the change you want to see.

even if I do survive and I am part of the 10% my family and friends will not be with me.

This is where you take the time to make new friends and create your new family.

Half of them think we're crazy for even having such a plan.

You only think you have a plan. What you have is more of a strategy, which is better than nothing but no nearly the type of organization you'd need to survive the many unforseen scenarios of the future.

The aftermath will not be pretty, I rather not see everyone slaughtered, I rather be one of the slaughtered and not live through to see it.

If that's how you feel now, then you probably will be slaughtered, no offense, it's simply a mindset.
Personally, I want to survive if it comes to it.
I would spend my time alive in that environment killing off the "evil" people before my eventual demise.

I have nothing really to fight for. I don't have kids and chose not to bring life into a world so full of hate and greed.

You have the feelings in your heart to fight for.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I've got a big boat. They won't find me. Period.

I'm not really worried about it, because I am basically prepared for anything, and always have been.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

I'm not really worried about it, because I am basically prepared for anything, and always have been.

The problem with boats is that You will have to make landfall eventually. Once You attempt the required landfall You are ripe for an ambush.

They also take fuel(unless it's a sail boat), If it is a sailboat then You are at the mercy of vastly faster/more manuverable powerboats equipped with guns(to punch holes in your hull ) and flares(to burn Your sails) either of which will force You to make landfall where You can then be ambushed and relieved of your supplies.

edit on 20-12-2011 by Adamanteus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
If 90% of the world's population is taken out, then the people pulling the strings will be much easier to identify.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

even if I do survive and I am part of the 10% my family and friends will not be with me. Half of them think we're crazy for even having such a plan.

A family should have a meeting place, outside the home, in case of fire.
This is standard and as soon as family members are old enough to understand this,
they should be taught where the meeting place is, in case of fire.

If one extends this they could have a meeting place for their friends,
outside the neighborhood.

And friends across an entire city, could, have a mutual evacuation plan incase of natural disaster.

When presented this way,
ones friends may think there is less crazyness in a meeting place
if something ever does happen.

David Grouchy

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

Really?

Prepared for THIS?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join