It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada to sell oil to China

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Canada to sell oil to China

ca.news.yahoo.com

Delays in US approval of the controversial Keystone XL pipeline to carry oil from Alberta has forced Canada to consider a "different track" that could see the oil shipped to China instead, Prime Minister Stephen Harper said.
"I am very serious about selling our oil off this continent, selling our energy products off to Asia. I think we have to do that," Harper told broadcaster CTV in a year-end interview.
"When I was down in the United States recently it was interesting, I ran into several senior Americans who all said 'Don't worry we'll get Keystone done. You can sell all of your oi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Lots of Canadian Oil Companies holding Joint Ventures with China instead of the US now.

Less red-tape, the cash is there up-front and no shortage of demand. I was hoping for the pipeline to be run from AB to TX, to get some more jobs here in Alberta and the US but...

We're still waiting on Obama's signature.

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I remember Canada threatening the U.S. with oil sales to China if the Keystone deal didn't go through as planned, this may be the repercussions from that.

Harper doesn't care who he sells to, as long as he gets his money.

I hope the Americans don't invade Canada in the name of international security and liberation.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Feeding the beast seeking to destroy the western economy... Brilliant.

But who can blame them... A buyer is a buyer, nothing personal, strictly business. Right?

Oil is the life blood of any economy on a multitude of levels, and especially the US economy.

Despite wishing for green alternatives and renewable resources, it is what it is, and without more of it closer to home we are doomed... But hey, there is always hope some new breakthrough will come along and provide a miracle energy source that can do what oil can...

What happens when fuel for trucks and cars reaches $6.00 per gallon in the USA??

May find out soon.

Stay tuned.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Actually be more afraid of gas prices reaching $20 a gallon because that will soon happen when this problem combines with a future mid east crisis that threatens the stability of the oil pipelines in the coming years
edit on 20-12-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This could all be talk to get the US congress moving...

In another other vast oil rich nation like Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela it's given to the people at pennies on the dollar, but here in Canada where we have the 2nd largest reserves in the world we pay almost 2x as much as the US.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

In another other vast oil rich nation like Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela it's given to the people at pennies on the dollar, but here in Canada where we have the 2nd largest reserves in the world we pay almost 2x as much as the US.

We apparently don't have the refinery infrastructure to convert oil to gasoline on the scale required, which is why we ship it down to Texas and pay big.

Anyways, the US has no problem selling it's enemies weapons and weapons technology, so why shouldn't Canada shop around for the best price buyer?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Apparently, a friend from Michigan says, the for the past few weeks they have been bumping up the boarder patrols along the U.S./Canada boarder. For as long as I can remember the U.S. and Canada have been friends and allies, it seems to me more and more people in Washington are not doing their jobs. So has Canada lost faith in the U.S. and decided to lean towards China? It just seems odd, with the conflicts between the U.S. and China are growing that Canada would be putting themselves in the middle, unless the theories of the U.S. declaring Martial Law and using Chinese soldiers to maintain is a truer possibility than I thought.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by CALGARIAN

We apparently don't have the refinery infrastructure to convert oil to gasoline on the scale required, which is why we ship it down to Texas and pay big.

Anyways, the US has no problem selling it's enemies weapons and weapons technology, so why shouldn't Canada shop around for the best price buyer?

We have 26...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Were not paying 6 dollars now without the pipeline. So if its not built gas prices will mysteriously increase? Sounds like a used car salesman pitch to. Buy now before its too late!

More propaganda by the mega rich oil companies.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

Actually be more afraid of gas prices reaching $20 a gallon because that will soon happen when this problem combines with a future mid east crisis that threatens the stability of the oil pipelines in the coming years
edit on 20-12-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

US doesn't need to be worried about Canada's oil sales. I think they need to be worried about the sister companies who control the oil supply.

Gull Island Oil, AK

A huge quantity of crude oil and natural gas exists under Gull Island, located in the waters of Prudhoe Bay in Alaska, says Williams. He cited key British Petroleum memoranda and related the statements of upper echelon oil officials who told him that Gull Island would be kept under wraps, limiting domestic supplies so Americans would someday see prices hit up to $10 a gallon at the pump.

Price Manipulation

It's well and good that Congress vote to stop filling the US Strategic Oil reserve because the US already has billions of barrels in the ground in Alaska--entire oil fields capped and drilled, but kept off the market. The filling of the Strategic Petroleum reserve is merely one more attempt to keep fuel in short supply. I will be blunt. There is a conspiracy to raise fuel prices and it is pernicious. No one is targeting the collusion we see daily between the oil companies.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This isn't about jobs. It wont ever be about jobs.
I wont say anything else beyond that, sorry.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
Were not paying 6 dollars now without the pipeline. So if its not built gas prices will mysteriously increase? Sounds like a used car salesman pitch to. Buy now before its too late!

More propaganda by the mega rich oil companies.

Market prices are driven by a number of factors, and among those are "viable resources" and foreign dependence.

If deals aren't made to increase domestic production, and to exploit resources closer to home then speculators will drive the prices up based on an anticipated failure to meet increasing domestic energy demands.

$6 per gallon will just be the beginning... From there the sky is the only limit on prices.

A leap to $4 per gallon for the first time a while back was a contributing factor in the economic recession.

$6 will be the next major stumble, perhaps leading to a real hard fall as prices continue to rise.

IMO

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

So...

Having China rely on Western Oil supplies is a good thing eh?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

So...

Having China rely on Western Oil supplies is a good thing eh?

Rely?

No, there will be exclusive long term contracts in a deal like this, China won't rely on this oil supply, they will control it... Bought and paid for with binding agreements.

Remember, you heard it here first.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Aren't we force to sell oil to the US because of NAFTA agreements?

Harper is just doing this for show... he's a globalist puppet.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

China doesn't control #.

What is happening is merely the PTB favoring for the cheapest, most heavily oppressed worker when they are failing to turn the US into a fascist state. It's nothing more than rich Americans committing treason and China is there under the table to catch the scraps that fall from our prosperity.

For some reason a few detached American businessmen means to some people: "China controls the world"
edit on 20-12-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Can we mix our nuclear waste with the Canadian oil and sell it to Asia?

They'll burn it.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

It would be great if all of that were true, the reality of the situation is quite different, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Yea, China is not a small third world nation and I'm sure they would do great on their own.

However, you cannot deny that a big part of their economic success is from what was originally American business that went global. They manufacture a lot of our stuff for this business, we buy it and give them prosperity. People in America are suffering because of lack of jobs and this will have to change in the future, else = revolution and unrest. When it does, China's economy will just stop growing as much, because it depends on American consumerism.

Not many people in America want to buy Chinese goods, that is a product of treason. AKA scraps (American wealthy committing treason) falling off the table (patriotism) and China is there to pick it up (cheap Chinese labor).

What is not realistic about that?

So, rich traitors sell away our economic stability to China, then Canada buys it from China for oil, great. The way I see it, as an average American, I'm getting shafted. This doesn't account for everything in this complex relationship, but it does a percentage.
edit on 20-12-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join