It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spraying chemtrails at night

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I believe in chemtrails because I have seen the trails last for 3+ hours and turn into a haze over my valley. I fully recognize some of you will NEVER believe in chemtrails and are only joining this thread to spout your close-minded approach that everything we see is a persistent contrail. This thread is for people with a mind which is open enough to question possibilities, not those who have already made up their minds that chemtrails don't exist.

One question has crossed my mind frequently... why not spray chemtrails at night??

There IS one reason... because they wouldn't have the same affect!

Obviously if it's just as easy to hide something (do it at night) it would be done that way. So, quod erat demonstrandum (a little Latin for fun there
), chemtrails must be done during the day.

Following this reasoning it eliminates one theory about chemtrails: that they are simply spraying nano-bots or some chemical to get into our systems. If they must be done during the day it more-or-less demonstrates that chemtrails have something do to with reflectivity or global cooling.

thoughts?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Following this reasoning it eliminates one theory about chemtrails: that they are simply spraying nano-bots or some chemical to get into our systems. If they must be done during the day it more-or-less demonstrates that chemtrails have something do to with reflectivity or global cooling.

not a new theory at all. The problem you are about to encounter is the fact that many chemtrail believers honestly don't know what a contrail is, and therefore are in no position to say it's a chemtrail. Until they take the 5 minutes to learn what a contrail can and can't do, they are a nuisance. Thankfully you specifically mentioned persistant contrails, showing me you actually know the difference. Hopefully you can steer the others in that direction......

Nanobots don't exist outside of Star Trek the Next Generation as of yet, so that's out. Depopulation chemicals? Never really bought into that as Arial spraying in haphazard and inefficient.

the only logical thing would be geoengineering towards reducing the increase in global temperatures due to the sun and other factors, by adding tiny aluminum particles to the atmosphere. This has been proposed but never *officially* put into action.

Here's the thing, since these particles are tiny and sprayed at high altitudes, they'd stay aloft for quite some time, so they could spray this ahead of time at night and still see some effects.

That said, i'm not a believer but I'm open to the possibility, just have seen zero evidence to support any of the claims as of yet.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
"Chem" trails aren't being sprayed to kill us. They spray to make it rain! It's called "Cloud Seeding". Now, i know there will be a few 'shills' trying to debunk this....but seeing is BELIEVING. I've seen the activity, day and night, and have seen what happens, after they spray. It's WEATHER related.

Now, my conspiracy side has me thinking, they're just "practicing" how to CONTROL the weather. They're doing drills, now; and probably by the end of next year....we'll EXPERIENCE the "show". Or not.

He that controls the weather....makes the RULES!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
Disclaimer: I believe in chemtrails because I have seen the trails last for 3+ hours and turn into a haze over my valley.

How is that different from a persistent contrail?

Seriously. You give this as the reason you believe in "chemtrails". Yet what you describe is what persistent contrails do. So why do you believe in chemtrails, and not in persistent contrails?

Here's some persisting spreading contrails from 1969. Would you say these are also "chemtrails"? What's the difference?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31b490e1a5f3.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 20-12-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
"Chem" trails aren't being sprayed to kill us. They spray to make it rain! It's called "Cloud Seeding". Now, i know there will be a few 'shills' trying to debunk this....but seeing is BELIEVING. I've seen the activity, day and night, and have seen what happens, after they spray. It's WEATHER related.

Contrails are weather related. But it's the weather that creates the contrail. Hence you get contrails ahead of rain, for the same reason you get high altitude cirrus clouds ahead of rain.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d053cdb78c11.jpg[/atsimg]

You can even use contrails to predict the weather.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
But "chemtrails" do form at night. Sort of blows that idea out of the water doesn't it?
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Except they're contrails.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Here is my problem with the whole "Chem" part of Chemtrails. If they were spraying the whole world, they would be affecting everyone Poor or Rich. So if Chemtrails are an actual event and not just Contrails (which they may well be) we need deduce the true nature of them and rule out what they are not.

Theory 1 Biological control (sickness, sterilization, genetic modifications):

The Biological hazard must be ruled out as again they are would be spraying the entire populace. Sure they may make some people sick but I am betting less than .0001% of the population or less is truly affected by this. But this lacks evidence as the entire populace is not sick (albeit a large percentage is)
---On a side note to this theory, perhaps it is like in the first Batman movie a combination of things that is the culprit. Chemtrails + diet + fluoridated water = sickness

Theory 2 Blocking sunlight & weather modification.

This theory has a lot of merit to me as there could be both a good or bad agenda for humanity. Let’s look at both.

Good effects: Perhaps global warming is not an Earthly problem and the blocking of sunlight is actually keeping the earth cooled from a untypically hot sun? We have seen evidence that other solar system bodies are heating up could this be a explanation? Could they be blocking harmful radiation?

Negative effects: Blocking good UV rays. Look at the Great generation, the generation born before the 50-60’s they are healthy and long lived. They spent a lot of time in the sun. Perhaps blocking the sunlight is making us weaker less resilient as sunlight stimulates production of Vitamin D…

Weather modification could be a by-product or the actual reason for the trails as well. But again to what end? Drying out the world or making wet?

Typically where I live we have seen some snow by now even in our driest of years and now nothing for 2 months…

I am sure there are other theories out there but these are the 2 that stand out to me. I can also remember my childhood being relatively free of large trails that would expand and create a blanket of haze. That said it does not mean there are nefarious reasons behind them or that climate change has not affected them.

Either way perhaps there should be a serious scientific study of the effect IMHO. But as far as them at night this would lend credit to them being only a phenomenon that occurs during day or for purposed needed in the day...But I have seen them occasionally at night...
edit on 20-12-2011 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

One question has crossed my mind frequently... why not spray chemtrails at night??

Contrail certainly exist at night - have a look at this guy's page of "special contrails"- special because they weer difficult to capture such as shots of a/c contrailing in front of the moon at night, or in a sunset when the a/c is over 200 km away, or 2 a/c in shot at once, or really rare a/c, etc.

thoughts?

You have arranged some information that is wrong in the first place to suit a conclusion that cannot actually be demonstrated to exist either.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Chemtrails are. Your thread:
. From a chronic insomniac: I've seen them spray at night. It's been mostly back and forth across the moon. This is probably because they're easy to see near the moon's light. There may be spraying elsewhere that's not so easy to see. It's done by planes without lights or just one light (no wing lights.) Also sunset seems to be a time for a mad dash to obscure things as quickly as possible. Sunrise may be the same - don't have a clear view of that horizon from here. The haze from the day lasts all night and obscures the night sky.

Once in awhile when a really strong wind without clouds kicks up, you can see the true starry night and the true blue of daytime.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

The lack of lights is probably simply due to them being "lost" in contrast against the moon, and/or being out of arc - the navigation lights on eth wingtips are only required to be seen in a limited arc forward - the rregulation is FAR 23.1387 - the port and starboard lights have to be visible from directly ahead to 110 degrees left and right, and from 90 degrees up to 90 degrees down.

High quality photos of aircraft such as those by Skystef (this link is to 4 engined contrails) show that they are rarely visible even within these arcs by day or agains the moon or setting sun.

Flashing strobes are required to be fitted, but not required to be operated unless in limited visibility such as cloud - if yuo can see an aircraft from the ground when it is at 30,00+ feet then chances are it is not in limited visibility!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage I usually have great respect for your posts and your level of intelligence and experience...

That being said this is the worst argument I've ever seen you make... how does contrails at night have anything to do with chemtrails (alleged or not?). please hold the insults.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Thank you for the compliment. What insults?

Did you see the videos? Did you see what LuxorDelphi wrote?

"Chemtrails" (contrails) occur at night. They're just harder to see and there are generally fewer flights at night. So how do you know that no "spraying" is done at night? Do the authors of the videos have it wrong? Does LuxorDelphi? Are they misidentifying contrails as "chemtrails"?

edit on 12/20/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

That being said this is the worst argument I've ever seen you make... how does contrails at night have anything to do with chemtrails (alleged or not?). please hold the insults.

How do you determine the difference between a chemtrail and a contrail at night?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

without chemical analysis it's impossible to determine a chemtrail by seeing it on a few minute video. I assume contrail first and have only seen what I consider chemtrails about 6 times in a year and a half.

(sorry, I thought you were mocking the thread
)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
my assertian they don't spray at night is only a rational argument based on that if they could they would. It may be they do them both at day and night - we don't know. But, the ones which I've seen that I classify as chemtrails have been during the day.

It's not a strong argument... simply a thought about the why's of chemtrails; namely to eliminate the "poisoning us" type argument. As usual the same people show up and discuss the exact same thing...

ATS is simply not a good forum in which to discuss chemtrails...

edit on 20-12-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Ok. You disagree with the claims of the videos and LuxorDelphi?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I think those videos have no value whatsoever toward the chemtrails argument... I watched some of each one.

I don't know enough about LuxorDelphi's claims to say either way so I hesitate to make a statement on that.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

ATS is simply not a good forum in which to discuss chemtrails...

I'm curious as to what is a good forum then, as I'm quite partial to discussing chemtrails. Where's the best place to discuss them?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Oh, (sigh) again......

Disclaimer: I believe in chemtrails because I have seen the trails last for 3+ hours and turn into a haze over my valley.

Haven't you ever seen a cloud last for "3+ hours"?? Haven't you ever seen cirrus clouds, thin and wispy, and even "hazy" looking??

There are no such thing as "chemtrails". Period. Full stop.

Contrails, on the other hand, are nothing but a type of cirrus cloud. Period. Full stop.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Disclaimer: I believe in chemtrails because I have seen the trails last for 3+ hours and turn into a haze over my valley. I fully recognize some of you will NEVER believe in chemtrails and are only joining this thread to spout your close-minded approach that everything we see is a persistent contrail. This thread is for people with a mind which is open enough to question possibilities, not those who have already made up their minds that chemtrails don't exist.

What is interesting about your post is the inconsistency in logic. You chastise those who do not accept chemtrails and say they are closed minded but at the same time you say that you believe that chemtrails do exist meaning your mind is closed to the possibility that chemtrails are nothing more than a misunderstanding about the physics of contrails.

A paper by Atlas et al. describes observations of contrails transforming to cirrus clouds, the haze you speak of, and discusses the microphysics of cirrus formation. The paper supplies ample references of past research in cirrus formation from contrails.
journals.ametsoc.org...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join