It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bachmann Wins Enthusiasm Vote Of The Tea Party Patriots.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I wrote a thread last night about how I was surprised that Bachmann had been polling so poorly. I aslo said that I thought the msn were doing her no favours. Most members went off topic and flamed me as if I was some Bachmann supporter. I was happy today when I was watching Fox News and they showed that Bachmann had won the enthusiasm vote in the Tea Party straw poll. Gingrich received 31% support, followed by Bachmann at 28%, and Romney at 20%..Ron Paul came in last with 3%.

Another thing members flamed me about was how I dont know the 'real' Tea Party and that the 'real' Tea Party supports Ron Paul. Well this particular Tea Party say no to Ron Paul. It does not surprise me when I think of his stance on foreign policy. I guess that alot of Tea Party Patriots are driving around in cars with a 'Support the Troops' bumper sticker. Bringing the troops home and making friends with Iran is not going to be popular with many that enjoy patriot costumes.

Back to Bachmann,like I said,she got the enthusiasm vote.

Gingrich may have won the Tea Party Patriots straw poll, but was edged out for the enthusiasm vote amongst supporters. Just slightly more of the participants said they'd by extremely enthusiastic if Bachmann were the nominee over Gingrich at 36-35%

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...
I am vindicated.
I also heard on Fox News today that Palin had not ruled out a tilt saying that its still not too late to jump in.

All you knowledgable people that like to tell me how Ron Paul started the Tea Party (derr Alex Jones never shuts up about it amongst other people) would you deny that the 'fake' Tea Party could hurt Ron Pauls chances? I am not saying that they can beat Ron Paul but if they take a chunk of his support it will help Romney alot. Gingrich is toast. I think it will be a battle between Romney and Paul. I think that the Tea Party could still be a weapon even though it seems there power has been greatly exaggerated.

In my opinion the Tea Party Brand could hurt Ron Paul more than it helps him.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ron Paul last with 3%.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

Can you tell me about fake or true tea party agendas ?

(off-topic it is 9:19 pm in Iran)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I hate all this right/left nonsense almost as much as I hate all these various parties and their endless confusing polls and votes.

When the government is by, for and of the people the only thing that should count is what the people say.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

Can you tell me about fake or true tea party agendas ?

(off-topic it is 9:19 pm in Iran)

It seems that Tea Party members or those that call themselve Tea Party Patriots are somewhat of an enigma. If you say they are one thing you can be sure some ill-mannered member will pop up telling you that you are wrong. They are alot like OWS. They have an excuse for everything. The Tea Party that I know is the one that exists now and is promoted by Fox as some mighty section of the Republican Party. The whole thing is smoke and mirrors. If you ask me people should stop saying they are Tea Party. Especially if you support Ron Paul. I know the patriot costumes and flags are so cool and all but whats the point of identifying with something that has been hijacked and taken on another form?
edit on 20-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The Tea party is a bunch of morons who are, at best, deceptive and at worst, treasonous. They are a joke among the educated.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf
I hate all this right/left nonsense almost as much as I hate all these various parties and their endless confusing polls and votes.

When the government is by, for and of the people the only thing that should count is what the people say.

I think the whole idea of election is obselete. What a massive waste of time and money. What a massive perpetual distraction. If Ron Paul is voted in there is a good chance he wont be able to do the things that he wants. The things people will vote for. Its stupid really.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

It would be bad for Iran if Bachmann won but she doesnt have a chance.

If Romney wins there would be a better chance of peace. He seems like a bit of a wimp.

If Paul wins everything will be cool. He said he will offer Iran friendship.

Are you from Iran?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

My idea is that I identify with my idea and I don't belong to any group or party.

Thank you for the information.

Those who invent new groups with no clear direction are the ones who run the show. I think people should think independently for their own.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

My idea is that I identify with my idea and I don't belong to any group or party.

Thank you for the information.

Those who invent new groups with no clear direction are the ones who run the show. I think people should think independently for their own.

No worries. Just my opinion though.

Thanks for reading. And I agree with you. We should all identify with our idea

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Fox news does not represent me or many people who agree with the Tea Party.
Ron Paul is a fiscally conservative constitional Libritarian. He is not a Tea Partier.
The Republican party wishes the TP would go away.
Tea party leaning individual people who make up a rainbow of pretty colors

Suscribers are emailed on a daily basis. They're asked questions. They're kept abreast on the latest issues and attacks.
The individual people, in cities and towns all across the country are very much aware and awake. You can't pinpoint the TP to Fox news or the Republicans.
You can however google google earth and peek into the dining rooms of the vast mixture of families and single adults if you want to taste the rainbow

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Ahahaha! Ron Paul needed to have a word with you

....just cry a little, it usually works

top topics

join