It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drudge Reports Misleading Headline "Iowa Gov: Ignore Paul Win"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Their headline links to a politico article. Excuse me, I searched the article for anything about the governor of Iowa and found nothing. Perhaps they meant government which should be abbreviated "govt".

The Establishment is running scared of Dr. Paul and MSM spins it as something dangerous.

Conservatives and Republican elites in the state are divided over who to support for the GOP nomination, but they almost uniformly express concern over the prospect that Ron Paul and his army of activist supporters may capture the state’s 2012 nominating contest — an outcome many fear would do irreparable harm to the future role of the first-in-the-nation caucuses.

In spin rooms, bar rooms and online forums, the what-to-do-about-Paul conversation has become pervasive as polls show him at or near the top here just weeks before the January 3rd vote.
Paul poses an existential threat to the state’s cherished kick-off status, say these Republicans, because he has little chance to win the GOP nomination and would offer the best evidence yet that the caucuses reward candidates who are unrepresentative of the broader party.

Will Ron Paul Kill The Caucuses?

They make him sound dangerous and capable of making the Republican establishment look bad. I say if the Establishment is not going to support the candidate the people choose then dump 'em.

Get you fire hoses ready Dr.Paul supporters.

edit on 12/20/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/20/2011 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
RP is taking the county by storm! my own popps is talking about voting RP and he is a die hard Republican who watches fox news all the time.

GO RP

PS Dr. paul is the first donation i have ever made.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
That was a disgusting, deceitful pile of propagandistic trash.

The only thing missing was referring to his campaign headquarters a "compound".
edit on 12/20/2011 by 0001391 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Your popps uses his brain and I'm glad that the MSM isn't pulling the wool over his eyes. Now, my 93 year old Mom is a staunch Republican and calls RP a dreamer because of Bachmann's warmonger/fearmonger stance. I told her we don't the $$$$ for it, but she'll listen to the "experts" over me.

Yes, this is the first time I ever donated to a Presidential candidate, too.

Go Ron Paul!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yeah.. I have heard a lot of stuff that makes Ron Paul seem like he is going to hurt the GOP just a few minutes ago on a news show that was on I heard them talking about the candidates and she said something to the effect of "anyone, but Ron Paul."

and since we are bragging I don't have the money to contribute to Paul, but I did become a republican officially so I can vote in the primaries (closed primary state) as well as take a few people with me and converted a die hard Dem to a Paul supporter.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Yeah.. I have heard a lot of stuff that makes Ron Paul seem like he is going to hurt the GOP just a few minutes ago on a news show that was on I heard them talking about the candidates and she said something to the effect of "anyone, but Ron Paul."

and since we are bragging I don't have the money to contribute to Paul, but I did become a republican officially so I can vote in the primaries (closed primary state) as well as take a few people with me and converted a die hard Dem to a Paul supporter.

But if Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination...are you and other Ron Paul supporters going to stick with the GOP and support the candidate that gets nominated???

If not, then this is what the GOP leaders are talking about....YOU and other Ron Paul supporters aren't REALLY part of the GOP...so why should they recognize a win from Ron Paul???

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yeah, I noticed the same headline, with nothing in the article relating to it. Man if these people don't see the blatant propaganda and nonsense they're being force fed, than its really time for the GOP to change their mascot from an Elephant to an Ostrich.
They're already stacking up their BS and getting their bases covered. Lets see, if Paul wins Iowa its because of all the Democrats and Indies changing their party affiliation and skew the results. Wait no, it anonymous hacking the vote, well he wont get the nomination from the GOP so why waste a vote. Etc, etc, like a broken record they go on. Actually I'm surprised anon isn't threatening Drudge and the other propaganda heavy news oulets .
And to see the way he is attacked by the other candidates and the same old mouthpieces on TV, with all their baseless, tactless lies and fearmongering would be comical if it wasn't for the fact that so much is riding on this election.
People can say that money buys the election, or that only corporate shills get the job. Call me naive, but what wins elections are the votes of the people, and the people following through on seeing to it that every legally cast vote is counted. End of story. If Ron Paul wins all the caucuses, then the GOP needs to honor the wishes of their members. And those members need to make sure their voices are heard and be responsible in following through with overseeing its party leadership carry out their wishes.
Pull your heads out of the sand, turn off Rush or Beck or whatever disc jockey you think knows more than you. Go online and look into the candidates yourself. What are their views, experiences, look up their interviews. Then vote for who YOU feel would make the best leader. Not the most electable or popular or whatever.
And while were at it, lets destroy every electronic voting machine and go back to paperballot. I mean really what's so hard about 1 person, 1 piece of paper, no chads, all votes counted by group in public forum, most votes wins. Seems to have worked just fine for quite a while. Enough with the propaganda and BS. Just change the channel.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Awesome that you are convincing people to support the good doctor!

Didn't mean to sound like I was bragging about my donation. I'm poor so it a puny amount. What it meant to me is that for the first time in 39 years I've felt good enough about a candidate that I want to do whatever I can to help him win. Prior to this campaign it has always been a decision to pick the least of two evils.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
*URGENT MESSAGE*

Governor Brandstad is to hold a press conference THIS AFTERNOON to clear the air on the MSM misquoting him. He never said those words about Ron Paul and has promised to keep himself out of the election until Iowa state voters have made their own decision.

They're attacking Ron with all they've got, lies, lies, and more lies. We're on the side of truth, keep up the good fight people.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Way to be on top of the situation! I hope he names MSM names that are doing this. Now that this has broken Drudge will be changing there headline shortly if they haven't already.

Just checked, it's still on their front page, just not main headline.
edit on 12/20/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: more information

Now their top headline is that Obama (picture)has a "FIVE-POINT JUMP" in a CNN poll. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

edit on 12/20/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: more information

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Crazy times we are living in. I can't believe just how un-American our election process is becoming. The electoral college has made it bad enough, but now this crap??

I was just reading some of the comments at the bottom of the article when right before my eyes all of them were deleted/removed. Now it's telling me I gotta sign in to see the comments.

edit on 20-12-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

But if Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination...are you and other Ron Paul supporters going to stick with the GOP and support the candidate that gets nominated???

If not, then this is what the GOP leaders are talking about....YOU and other Ron Paul supporters aren't REALLY part of the GOP...so why should they recognize a win from Ron Paul???

I think your comment is ridiculous. Basically, you just want people to vote their party line, and not for the man (or woman), and that is just wrong. Where will we ever get to with this mentality. RP is the only Republican many would vote for in this party, end of story.

I could not in a million years vote for Mitt Romney, what a plastic mouth-piece, or Newt, what a devilish manipulator.

Maybe you should concede that RP is the Republican people will allow to represent them, and if the PTB find a way to be rid of him, their trying extremely hard, then the party means nothing anymore.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

No. If Paul does not win the Nomination, I will am not going to stick with the GOP. I do not support any other GOP candidate. These GOP leaders who say people like me are not REALLY part of the GOP are idiots. My loyalty does not lie with a political party. My loyalty lies with myself, my family, and then my country. A Political Party does not even crack the top 10.

So why should they recognize a win from Ron Paul? That is actually an easy question. Ron Paul has been running and been elected as a Republican for decades. Weather they like it or not, he is a part of the Republican Party. If the people vote for Paul and make their choice as to who they want to represent the Party, than it is the responsibility of GOP Leaders to carry that message from the people to the National Stage.

Our system was set up so the people's voice could be heard. Yours, mine, and even the crackhead down street. That voice is sent by voting. Are you suggesting that the GOP should willfully ignore the voice of the people they are supposed to represent?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

They tried to do the same thing to Bill Clinton, the last president who did any good for this country.

Remember the add that showed the desolate patch of desert an claimed it was Arkansas.

They said something like: "Do you want Bill Clinton to do to the US what he did to Arkansas".

Turns out they were full of #.
edit on 20-12-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
MSM at it again......telling everyone their voice doesn't matter....get f'd governor and politico...

top topics

join