It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Ron Paul kill the caucuses?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger
reply to post by freakjive

You guys are pretty naive to think Ron Paul stands a fighting chance. Money buys election. Ron Paul wasted millions for nothing. Obama is backed by big banks. Obama keeps the people complacent in matters of hope and change. He's already bought the election.

Accept the fact that Ron Paul is a loser in the process. It's a done deal. 2012 is Obama.

Last time I Checked , NOBODY has Asked to BUY My Vote . How Will Money Buy an Election if the Majority of Voters are Not Bribed ? Believe it or Not , but the Voting System is Controlled by the People , Only the Tally is Suspect when all is Said and Done .

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Why would we vote for any GOP candidate?

I thought it was clear that Ron Paul supporters, for the most part, aren't loyal to any party. We're loyal to the idea that the government is too big, too wasteful, TOO corrupt and something needs to be done.

So quit playing the party game, I don't care about the GOP, at all.

It's very very simple.

If you aren't loyal to the party...why should they be loyal to you or your vote?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Whats simple? We're not asking the party for loyalty.

Who asked for loyalty? I want to know, provide the references, sources, links the prove this.

What we're asking AMERICA to do (GOP AND DEMS) is to look at Ron from an unbiased point of view and make a principled decision for themselves.

What is your point?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

If you are asking the Party to recognize your participation and your vote...you are asking the party to be loyal to you. Not that hard to understand.

So if and when the Republican Party decides not to recognize Ron Paul's wins and not bind the delegates to him....please don't cry...because remember....you aren't loyal to the party...so they have no obligation to be loyal to you.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

It is not because I do not like Obama, it is because I like Dr. Paul.

And also the fact that Obama has done the EXACT OPPOSITE of what he promised to do. (which was obvious he would do since even before he was elected)

Good to see that Obama supporters are waking up.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

And the people that switched from Democrat and Independent to Republican to vote Ron Paul, they were not loyal to their parties? now they must heil the GOP?

In what regulation or rule book does it say if I don't find any candidates attractive in the GOP that I must vote for one anyways? Even if I disagree with him? Please show me.

And you also didn't show me where I asked for the GOP's loyalty. You claimed thats what I did so I'm asking for the proof.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Well I just read on another news site they are beefing up security because of possible hackers in iowa caucus.... Basically they said if they find voter fraud that they could "reconstruct" the vote to show how the vote was supposed to be....

I know it's a little bit nutty but are they that afraid of RP as to discredit his win by saying hackers fixed the polling? or actually rigging the vote so that one of the other candidates win if they don't get their desired results? I just don't see it out of the realm of possiblity...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I think Cenk Uygur says it pretty well regarding the brushing off of Paul. When Paul was in 2nd or 3rd in the polls, there were some that were saying he's irrevelant. Now that he's in first in Iowa, some are saying Iowa is irrevelant....Will they say the same if Paul has a good showing in other states? Will they just write off those states to?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Cuervo

And also the fact that Obama has done the EXACT OPPOSITE of what he promised to do. (which was obvious he would do since even before he was elected)

Please show me where Obama has done the exact opposite of what he said he was going to do.

He has in fact kept a large portion of his promises. So when I see people who voted for Obama saying they don't support him anymore because he didn't do what he said...that to me just shows they didn't know what they were voting for.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

You clearly don't understand how parties work.

And I already showed you where the parties loyalty comes from...by recognizing your vote in the primaries...they are not obligated to do this.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

this is an easy one...patriot act, who re-authorized it? his twin?

We haven't left Iraq, just ask the 20,000 people (mainly consisting of plain clothed military service persons) at the US mega embassy in Iraq. The only reason they're halting military activity is because Iraq will reinstate the rule of law on January 1, 2012, we're not leaving...and we never will.

You can hope for change, but you're not getting any, except more government, more military, more spending, more taxes, less rights, less freedom, and less wealth. Ok fine, you're getting tons of change.

edit on 20-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Cuervo

Please show me where Obama has done the exact opposite of what he said he was going to do.

He has in fact kept a large portion of his promises. So when I see people who voted for Obama saying they don't support him anymore because he didn't do what he said...that to me just shows they didn't know what they were voting for.

I think many Democrats are disenfranchised with Obama.

This for instance is something he did,without the backing of the American people.

As the Supreme Court decides whether to take up the case against President Obama's health care law, a new poll indicates that the landmark legislation is losing support among the general population, including Democrats.

Obama health care law losing support, poll says

This isnt the only instance America has misgivings about Obama policies.

The American Public have given Congress,and the President their lowest public approval ratings in years.
Its about now,not 3 years ago.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
loyalty to party ummmmm
oh yeah, some communists have been purported to like it like that
lol

so far r p is the only one who hasn't put another country before the one he is running to represent

Iowa irrelevant?
I Ilke the analogy:
the under dog won the superbole
now the NFL is irrelevant
doobla LOL

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

So because you couldn't or refuse to find where in any party regulation or rule book to PROVE that I must, at all costs, vote for the GOP nominee, even though he/she does not represent me, I'm the one that doesn't understand how these parties work?

oooo...k.......

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger

You guys are pretty naive to think Ron Paul stands a fighting chance. Money buys election. Ron Paul wasted millions for nothing. Obama is backed by big banks. Obama keeps the people complacent in matters of hope and change. He's already bought the election.

Accept the fact that Ron Paul is a loser in the process. It's a done deal. 2012 is Obama.

Paul is backed by the military and the people of this country. Ron Paul makes people think about real hope and change. Paul already has Iowa.

Accept the fact that Ron Paul will win Iowa. Its a done deal. 2012 is Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Dont get to wound up guys. Paul may win Iwoa, but that's about it. Maybe a couple more states, but it'll end there. =/

Some would say Paul is crazy. To them I would say: "Soooo Racking up 15+ Trillion in debt & collapsing the economy is........Normal???"

The phenomenon of Ron Paul is, he'll give it to you straight. He's not worried about losing votes. He's more interested in telling you the truth.

"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest."
-Benjamin Franklin

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Some would say Paul is crazy. To them I would say: "Soooo Racking up 15+ Trillion in debt & collapsing the economy is........Normal???"

The phenomenon of Ron Paul is, he'll give it to you straight. He's not worried about losing votes. He's more interested in telling you the truth.

"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest."
-Benjamin Franklin

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Why would we vote for any GOP candidate?

I thought it was clear that Ron Paul supporters, for the most part, aren't loyal to any party. We're loyal to the idea that the government is too big, too wasteful, TOO corrupt and something needs to be done.

So quit playing the party game, I don't care about the GOP, at all.

It's very very simple.

If you aren't loyal to the party...why should they be loyal to you or your vote?

FACT: Ron Paul has ran and won elections as a Republican. Weather establishment GOP leaders like it or not, Ron Paul is a Republican.

FACT: Voting is supposed to be the voice of the people. If the people vote for Ron Paul it is the responsibility of the GOP to take our voice to the National Stage and for our Candidate to be heard.

What is so amusing to me is how anyone can say Ron Paul supporters are not "real" Republicans because they will not back another Candidate for the GOP. I find it to be flawed logic. The same can be said about the GOP Leaders. Are they not real Republicans since they will not back a GOP Candidate who won the majority of votes?

I am not loyal to any party, but it is the responsibility of that Party to back a Candidate from the Party. If the GOP is so against Ron Paul, kick him out. That has not happened, therefor he is a Republican Candidate and not only deserves, but has earned, the right to be supported by the Party.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join