It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The unresolved and unaddressed problem of Anti Americanism on ATS!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
WE ALL SHARE THIS NATION AND BETTER START TO REALIZE THAT IT IS "US-V-THE SCUM"!

Nothing else matters but this. You don't have to always back the Govt all the time but never ever turn your back on your nation especially now when she needs us all to come together as the sooner we all realize this the faster we can kick all of these elements hell bent on destroying the nation via corruption, manipulation to the curb!

NEVER EVER TURN YOUR BACK ON THE NATION!

Well now that has me in a bit of a pickle. You see, I am not anti-american. I am anti-Nation. I hate them all for they do nothing but divide mankind with imaginary borders.

I understand your fear of the fed, so let me do a little diversion for you.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Governments of the world, I am at war with YOU.

You have divided my family and brought pain and hardship to a world of plenty. Your petty power struggles have left the earth in ruin and the people starving for justice. I will throw you down!

I come armed with the weapons of faith, reason, logic, and rhetoric.

With these I will war against you till my dieing breath.

Let my people go!

Regards,

I AM

**********************************************************************************************************************************

There you go my friend. If you see me disappear, then be worried about your own safety.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 20-12-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'll admit that at times I have been anti-American (country), but IMHO, it was those times that were justified. I am not anti-American (people), there is a big difference, however there are some Americans on ATS that are just plain dumb, stupid, bigoted and arrogant and they do let the other US members down.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I was a very patriotic person about 2years ago. Now, I believe "America" is nothing more than a ruse, a joke, and our slavemaster's creation. Blind patriotism will be the demise of freedom....

wait, will be? It already is.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I've noticed most foreigners who criticize the US fail to post their own locations (cowards possibly). If you're going to trash us the at least have the balls to post your location so we can get a little bit of perspective. For all we know there could be members from say China who talk about how the US gov doesn't support basic humans rights
oh yeah and what about your country????

Read my sig, it's been like that for awhile.
edit on 20-12-2011 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

OK, then what do you mean by pro-America? Does that mean things that abide by the Constitution and the rule of law? Things that benefit the American people? Things that give our government more money? You can really take any position and just label it "pro-American", and declare everything else un-American.

I'd say the most accurate depiction of anything that's "pro-American" in my eyes would be something that doesn't violate the Constitution and doesn't harm anybody, but instead benefits the population as a whole. If something is pro-Constitution, I don't see how it can be un-American, you know? If the very structure of deciding how to make decisions and what literally defines a free American society.

That's just my view, but I'd say I have the Founding Fathers on my side

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

As an American I support their right to post their opinions ATS.
No matter how I disagree with those statements.

Well said

If we are true Americans we should welcome honest and open debate and disagreements. I'm here to learn a thing or two and feel I can benifit from what everyone has to say. Regardless of where they are from or what their perspective is.
Talk it out Baby!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

I agree with you. Post your location so others know where "your coming from" (oh that was a lame one:lol

and save your corny stuff for the "Mood" section

Me? Location: Cocoa Beach Florida USA!

Mood: What, Me worry?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Exactly. Also in one thread the OP said people that believe America is ready for more "war", are lovers of war themselves. That is far from the truth about myself as I am sure other people as well.

I believe what your ranting about is that you can't come to terms with other people disagreeing with you, OP.

I am also NOT anti- American. I am deeply concerned for what my nation, birth and home country is turning into. I am sorry if that bothers a lot of people.
edit on 20-12-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I would love it if America held to its Declaration of Independence, Its Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Unfortunately, something has gone wrong.

I am not anti-American. I am not American and I mourn the loss of what might have been.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is The Pledge Of Allegiance :

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

This is the only thing that matters as you pledge allegiance to the nation above all else.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

In a perfect world this would not be an issue but people hold to their political ideology over what's best for the nation and would rather see us go down in flames by adding more fuel to the fire then to get a fire extinguisher to help put it out.

Most aren't programmed to have a mature and honest debate and would rather turn a blind eye to the allegiance to the nation.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

The owners of The Federal Reserve, members of The Bilderberg Group, Trilateral Commission, Bohemian Grove are The SCUM. This is those who wish to destroy representative Govt, erode freedoms, continue perpetual never ending war are The SCUM!

What you are attempting to do is to deflect the attention away from The SCUM to try and connect it by saying those that only oppose Obama are SCUM so stop right there.

Those that ordered the killing Tupac, Biggie, Michael Jackson because they dared speak out against them as well as those that own and control the media, the banks are The SCUM!
edit on 20-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Generally I don't like Americans. I can give you a list of reasons why but it's only going to end with people who can't grasp the difference between generalities and absolutes, insisting upon telling me that "not everybody is like that", or that I'm ignorant for having an opinion.

I don't like Capitalism, child mutilation, animal mutilation, religion, child beating, insular folk etc etc. The problem is most Americans are either Capitalists, mutilate their children, mutilate their animals, are religious, support beating children or are insular in their mindset. How then could I like America?

What I've discovered is the only people who seem to take offense to this are the ones my opinion applies to. If I say "Americans are fat", who's that going to offend? Fat Americans, nobody else. If I laugh at Americans being Christian who's that going to offend? Are American atheists going to start sulking about my opinion... No, they'll agree with my sentiment. It's always the Americans who generate American criticism and live up to American stereotypes who seem to whinge about it.

Stop doing and supporting things I don't like and I might put you on my Christmas card list
edit on 20-12-2011 by JessopJessopJessop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
The whole time that I've been coming here, there has been a blame the USA first crowd.
Many times, those people stretch my patience.

The US has done many things wrong but they also do many things right.

What county is always one of the first to offer aid when there has been a natural disaster?

How many countries have the equivalent of the USA peace corp?

We contribute to Doctors without borders to work in third world countries. Are we seeing the same thing from all these other innocent countries?

As do alot of other countries regarding everything you just mentioned yet you've just made out it's only the U.S.A.

This is one of the very reasons that there is American bashing on ATS. Alot of statements made by Americans claiming the U.S to be unique. It comes across very often that if it hasn't been said or done by an American then it just hasn't been said or done. Regardless of how many countries have done it and regardless of how long before.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

criticize any other country and you get a warning for "politcal trolling"

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop
Generally I don't like Americans. I can give you a list of reasons why but it's only going to end with people who can't grasp the difference between generalities and absolutes, insisting upon telling me that "not everybody is like that", or that I'm ignorant for having an opinion.

I don't like Capitalism, child mutilation, animal mutilation, religion, child beating, insular folk etc etc. The problem is most Americans are either Capitalists, mutilate their children, mutilate their animals, are religious, support beating children or are insular in their mindset. How then could I like America?

What I've discovered is the only people who seem to take offense to this are the ones my opinion applies to. If I say "Americans are fat", who's that going to offend? Fat Americans, nobody else. If I laugh at Americans being Christian who's that going to offend? Are American atheists going to start sulking about my opinion... No, they'll agree with my sentiment. It's always the Americans who generate American criticism and live up to American stereotypes who seem to whinge about it.

Stop doing and supporting things I don't like and I might put you on my Christmas card list
edit on 20-12-2011 by JessopJessopJessop because: (no reason given)

Wow. First, love the avatar (read what it means here! ) Next: Let's line up to be on the new High King's Christmas card list! This amazes me. This was designed to be the argument stopper just like name calling back before the Civil Rights Movement to prevent good white people from stopping criminals. You know the name. Dare you to say it.
So I'm gonna pull an 8 Mile -
I'm a big fat, loud, God loving American Woman. Am I offended? NO. Why? Because God doesn't make mistakes! LOL
Now I'd ask where you are from but I really don't care. My haters are my motivators baby so Rosie Palm to you too.
Now, for you Non-Americans who hate for no reason, and btw, hating the people is against the TOS, read them please. You just said you are prejudice against fat people, religion and a host of others. Gee, maybe I should just push the alert button. Would be easier, but you would never be wiser for it.
And to the OP: be a part of the solution, not the problem. The Elite had to start somewhere and believe it or not, there was tons of indoctrinization being done disguised as patriotism. Read how the Pledge of Alligence was promoted and by whom. An elite magazine with known elitists who only directed at children and wasn't recited by adults until those children became adults. Also check out the first draft:

I pledge allegiance to my Flag, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation indivisible, With Liberty and Justice for all.

Two things should jump out at you: No United States of America and No Under God.
here and here.
Cleveland wrote for them, he was a mason. So did Francis Scott Key. Bellamy, the owner of The Youth's Companion, was also mason. here
And don't forget, the "All" at that time wasn't all citizens. Only white male landholders were allowed rights.
History was a terrible thing to waste.
edit on 21-12-2011 by DaWhiz because: to address OP

edit on 21-12-2011 by DaWhiz because: quotations

edit on 21-12-2011 by DaWhiz because: logo

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Seems to me that there is more of an anti-establishment mentality here than anti-American mentality.

As this country wouldn't exist without anti-establishment thinking, Seems pretty American to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz
Now I'd ask where you are from but I really don't care. My haters are my motivators baby so Rosie Palm to you too.

I'm from England. I hate to break it to you, but you aren't important enough to have dedicated "haters".

Now, for you Non-Americans who hate for no reason, and btw, hating the people is against the TOS, read them please.

I don't recall saying I hate Americans. Even if I did "hate" Americans, I gave reason. Hating a group of people isn't against the TOS, either. Everyone hates a group of people, there would be no members, the moderators would have to demod themselves.

You just said you are prejudice against fat people

No I didn't, I said IF I made a hypothetical statement about Americans being fat, only fat Americans would take offense. My point was those who fret about anti-Americanism are usually the ones the anti-Americanism applies to.

religion and a host of others.

Debatable. Prejudice is defined as unreasonable or uninformed judgement, to say I'm prejudiced against religion would be subjective. My views on religion are reasonable and informed to myself and a great deal more.

Gee, maybe I should just push the alert button. Would be easier, but you would never be wiser for it.

Push the alert button. I haven't broken any rules.

- Having a general dislike of Americans isn't against the rules
- Disliking Capitalism, child mutilation, animal mutilation, religion, child beating and insular people isn't against the rules

It's telling that you want to censor and shut me down for my views. Perhaps that is why most people dislike Americans - Intolerance seems to be second nature for many of you.

I suppose next time I'll lie like everyone else and post some cliched nonsense about "I hate the American government, the people are great". Sorry, can't do it. Most Americans engage in behavior that I find utterly deplorable - Such as circumcision, declawing animals, spanking their children etc

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

Thanks for taking my post apart for your drawn conclusion.

people who can't grasp the difference between generalities and absolutes

You did it too.
Regardless of how you sliced it, you made it important. You aren't important enough for us to care if we are on your Christmas card list either, so that was your "cliched", though we say cliche so please. Plus who deemed importance? You.
The point, regardless of your bigotry ("I don't like" is the same thing just watered down for the censors), you weren't going to post anything about you because others could say hateful things about you just like other people on this site. You are no better than us because you have the same plus some there. Just like cliched and cliche, its the same thing.
So should I say all those things about you and post facts? Would that not be exactly what the OP is talking about only now we are doing it to each other?
No different and not better - just the same cliched.
Now, love for you to back your Facts up with links, on every single American.
Money where your mouth is bub.
Had more respect for the guy who told it like it was when he told the truth about his feelings.
edit on 21-12-2011 by DaWhiz because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2011 by DaWhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I read a book once that outlined a strategy to create anti-American feeling around the world by deception and misinformation, while also creating divisions within America.

It also suggested that Germany and it's sidekick France should gain control of Europe while Britain should be excluded.

Kinda can't help looking at the world we live in today, and see those things taking shape.. rising anti-Americanism, greater divisions appearing within the USA.

Anyone wants to look up the book, it's one of the textbooks taught in the Russian General Staff Academy called "The foundations of geopolitics" by Aleksandr Dugin

Uncanny resemblance to the world we currently live in.

en.wikipedia.org...

ETA:

On a personal note, I have a deep dislike for some people who happen to be Americans, for me it is on a person by person basis.

In terms of numbers I like more Americans than I dislike and most of those I dislike are here on ATS
while in the real world (most of my family and most of my work colleagues for the last 30 years are American) I have only met a couple of Americans I can say I disliked.

While I can't stand the American Governments, I also say that about almost every Government (especially my own)
edit on 21/12/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join