It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The unresolved and unaddressed problem of Anti Americanism on ATS!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
There's a difference between anti-America and anti-American. The first relates to US foreign policy, ie: the government. The second is a blind, irrational, uneducated stance. Some might say though that the people put the government in. That may be true, MAYBE but they people only have insane corporate lackeys to vote for.

I've been to the States may times. GREAT PEOPLE. The government is a corrupt entity.

If we see the current system fail time and time again,then why not change the script to a better one?

Capitalism and Democracy have enjoyed their stay for long enough if you ask me.It's time to upgrade to a better and new one,that actually addresses the problems of the world and humanity:a Resource Based Economy.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Example, any piece of legislation that stands to benefit only We The People is always shot down
And what specific pieces of legislation would these be?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Liddy Ledbetter Act, Financial Reform.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Those who are beholden to their ideology instead of what's best for the nation as a whole. As well as those who still hold to the dying and soon to be over "Left-v-Right" paradigm as the only paradigm that should now exist is "The People-v-The SCUM"!
edit on 20-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Oracle
If we see the current system fail time and time again,then why not change the script to a better one?

You'll get no argument from me on that. The problem is that the States are media driven and the media isn't the voters friend. The gov't knows this and uses that to instill division. To display the politicians that are nothing more than voted in agents of the MIC. That's why it's difficult, maybe impossible at this time, to get any people of integrity into power.

Capitalism and Democracy have enjoyed their stay for long enough if you ask me.It's time to upgrade to a better and new one,that actually addresses the problems of the world and humanity:a Resource Based Economy.

Nothing wrong with capitalism and democracy. If you are giving the States up as an example of that though it would be like saying the Soviet Union was a beacon of Communism. Neither would be true.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
The whole time that I've been coming here, there has been a blame the USA first crowd.
Many times, those people stretch my patience.

Home truths hurt then?

The US has done many things wrong but they also do many things right.

What county is always one of the first to offer aid when there has been a natural disaster?

Let's see...um...all of them?

How many countries have the equivalent of the USA peace corp?

The US government operates the USA Peace Corps...Do they fly out on the same planes as the CIA agents the US Government sends around the world to stir up trouble and revolution?

We contribute to Doctors without borders to work in third world countries. Are we seeing the same thing from all these other innocent countries?

Yes you contribute to the Swiss organisation Médecins Sans Frontières. Just like uh....um....everyone else.

You genuinely cant understand why you are almost universally hated as a nation and people?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

The elements dividing us are the same elements y'all to our north are answering to, The SCUM! The Rothschilds, Rockerfellers, et all!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Nothing wrong with capitalism and democracy. If you are giving the States up as an example of that though it would be like saying the Soviet Union was a beacon of Communism. Neither would be true.

I'd say there is plenty wrong with both of them,and giving reason would further derail from the topic of his thread,but I will advise you and anyone else interested to check out the best alternative to them at these links:

www.youtube.com...#!
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

And it's not just in the United States that they're failing,it's everywhere else in the world.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Twiptwop

You genuinely cant understand why you are almost universally hated as a nation and people?

Can you see how that could anger someone? You are probably not of the facilities to understand what you say, can actually hurt people. So you openly hate Americans? You hate America? OR you hate American Govt.? Remember above "nation AND people"

Is there anything else you hate? Logic? Compassion? Empathy? Mondays? Logic?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think American is defined by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

It is probably correct to say that we all admire and seek to protect that American.

The Americans that are despised are the Imperialist Infiltrators who have usurped the US and seek to use it as a battering ram for their own personal gains.

That American is rightfully bitterly opposed.

There are some on this site who actively encourage and endorse Imperialism, especially the US variety, I defy you to deny ever seeing such.

These individuals get all the opposition they deserve.

Now. there is also the other Anti-American V Anti-Britain thing...cos we got some history there haven't we.
You've got a big......Super-Carrier
and we've got Intelligence

My point is, you have to see things in context, nobody likes the Elites or Elitism.

I'm pretty sure Americans are just as human as everybody else, we like you really, all you have to do is vote for Ron Paul.

I'm pretty sure if you (the American public) did that, the attitude towards your nation would change overnight.

And just to balance the post..my Nation (UK) sucks and blows too, you are free to denounce at will, i won't be taking it as a personal attack.

Cosmic..

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Ah, so basically, if they don't support Obama and legislation that you yourself support, they're Anti-American.

...Nice....

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Here's another good example of why you are internationally derided worldwide.

When your coastline got a bit oily, you acted like it was the end of the world and the greatest natural disaster ever to occur on earth. You demanded compensation and money from not just BP, but the UK government as well. And you had the nerve to demand our MPs face questioning by your senate...

In 1984, Union Carbide's Bhopal plant experienced what can only be described as a complete and utter meltdown, which released deadly gasses into the environment. 3,787 people died, 791 more than on 9/11 (which coincidentally, you also acted like was the worst injustice to happen to mankind). Your government has never offered compensation to these people.

To paraphrase Nigel Farage MEP:

"Just who the hell do you people think you are?"

edit on 20-12-2011 by Twiptwop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by InspirationalSlug

Can you see how that could anger someone? You are probably not of the facilities to understand what you say, can actually hurt people. So you openly hate Americans? You hate America? OR you hate American Govt.? Remember above "nation AND people"

Is there anything else you hate? Logic? Compassion? Empathy? Mondays? Logic?

I really couldn't care less if it hurts or upsets you. I cannot stand Americans or America. Don't like it? Guess you're just gonna have to suck a big fat one 'cause it's too damn bad.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I've been to the States may times. GREAT PEOPLE.

... and better hockey players. We've won the Stanley Cup a whole lot lately!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Oh, I see. And it is Americans that have a bad attitude? Did an American steal the cross eyed girl down the block from you? Wait, I know, your father was an American seaman just in port "for a few days leave"?

How can you hate a nation of people without even knowing them? How could you hate someone without knowing him?

Someone above said "Vote Ron Paul" did you Also say "vote Obama"?

Have all of your leaders worked out to be all that you hoped they would be?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Go Wings!!! How you doing?

How can you hate America? America houses the single best hockey team in the world...

Go Wings!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Those that hold to their ideologies above all else! This is not a pro or anti right as well as not a pro or anti left thread but a Pro American thread.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twiptwop
I really couldn't care less if it hurts or upsets you. I cannot stand Americans or America. Don't like it? Guess you're just gonna have to suck a big fat one 'cause it's too damn bad.

You shouldn't hat american because the ones that I'd guess annoy you are actually brainwashed to be that way,and that's not their fault,it's how they were educated and raised to be by the system the TPTB put in place there.It's the same thing in every other country in the world.

Instead hate their administration and the TPTB behind it and the ones who support it.

As a good man once said:"I hate countries because of the artificial boundaries the governments of the world put in place between the people of the world"

No need to further encourage this kind of behavior through blind hateful ignorance.There are Americans that aren't like that,so respect them instead.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I have no problem with US citizens, I just have a problem with the ones that come on here and say dumb things like, "The US will nuke any country that attacks us!" and "We are the best country and every other country sucks in comparison.". Things like that are uncalled for and are deserving of anything they get.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm an American, and I can find plenty to criticize about our system and the way we go about things in the world. Doesn't mean I hate my country. It just means that U.S. citizens aren't the only ones getting a bum wrap from American politicians.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join