It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The unresolved and unaddressed problem of Anti Americanism on ATS!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

We have gotten to the point whereas we are beyond criticism but certain elements would rather see us fall then to allow our great country to have a success story.
I would love to see this country succeed, and I think everybody else here would. In my eyes, success would be actually following that document that used to exist, the one that frames/restricts the government and grants citizens rights.

Others might have a definition of success, but simply opposing things that the government does is not "anti-Americanism".

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I agree.

I think groups that want to overthrow our current government or "start from scratch"....say like OWS....should be banned from being discussed on ATS.

I'm wondering if you agree with that

Or could it be that everyone has their own definition of "anti-american" and you are just trying to push your own agenda onto everyone else???

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
IMO

There really isnt an anti anything....just a "pro" something uncompatible with the other seemingly "anti" nature of the other...

still with me?

racism doesnt even exist naturally, that is to say, it doesnt happen without its creation being designed into the equation...in this example we just prefer our own "familiar" race....our mothers face, or our fathers hands etc...
this natural ignorance of others is often exploited by introducing a certain danger by this UNKOWN....what if all muslims hate us,, what if all blacks resent us??

in this threads case....what if all negative light shed upon the USA is meant not to end bad things in it from a point of love but rather, to make them up or instill distrust and disorder out of hate....
any American, no...no.. , person, critical of his leaders is being a good citizen....look where absolute trust has led us....
edit on 20-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by TupacShakur

We have gotten to the point whereas we are beyond criticism but certain elements would rather see us fall then to allow our great country to have a success story.

They'd rather see us burn down in flames and would rather pour more fuel on the fire instead of getting a fire extinguisher to help put it out.

Kind of hard to help when every government in the world thinks nothing's wrong.

And to add to that I doubt America would accept any help,considering they're too proud to ask for it.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Just so we can get an idea of what you're talking about, can you cite specific things that qualify as Anti-Americanism? Give us a list of a few things, so we can understand what you're talking about.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by InspirationalSlug

First Welcome to ATS!

Second, I wish everyone saw things the way you do because a group we affectionately refer to as The SCUM (new name/acronym for TPTB and Elite as there is nothing elite about them) is banking on our nation's fall and collapse and will stop at nothing to get it and by others continuing to attack the nation does nothing positive for us but serves to further divide us.

Third, Star for you!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

OWS does not seek to overthrow the Govt but what we seek is to change the direction of it to one that takes care of the people instead cowtailing to The SCUM!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Just so we can get an idea of what you're talking about, can you cite specific things that qualify as Anti-Americanism? Give us a list of a few things, so we can understand what you're talking about.

That's the problem isn't it?

I think OWS is anti-american...do you?

Who gets to decide?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The status quo is unacceptable. The rise of corporate welfare is unacceptable, the ending of the American Dream is unacceptable.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There's a difference between anti-America and anti-American. The first relates to US foreign policy, ie: the government. The second is a blind, irrational, uneducated stance. Some might say though that the people put the government in. That may be true, MAYBE but they people only have insane corporate lackeys to vote for.

I've been to the States may times. GREAT PEOPLE. The government is a corrupt entity.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Example, any piece of legislation that stands to benefit only We The People is always shot down but if a corporation wants to build a new say, pipeline they will get it. Those that will hijack Govt to keep a dying and corrupt ideology alive.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Exactly, people would rather see the Govt fall then to maturely address the problems of the day instead they resort to name calling and be Anti Nation! You can forever be against the policies of The USA but never turn your back on the nation or her people!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Exactly, people would rather see the Govt fall then to maturely address the problems of the day instead they resort to name calling and be Anti Nation! You can forever be against the policies of The USA but never turn your back on the nation or her people!

So you can talk against policies that I think might help the country and the people....but I can't talk about a movement started by the people?

I must of missed it...but who made you King?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Example, any piece of legislation that stands to benefit only We The People is always shot down but if a corporation wants to build a new say, pipeline they will get it. Those that will hijack Govt to keep a dying and corrupt ideology alive.

But what, you mean adding provisions to legislation?
Seems that happens on ALL sides MR. Blind eye.

Secondly, will the pipeline create jobs?
A simple answer of yes or no is sufficient.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

So you can talk against policies that I think might help the country and the people....but I can't talk about a movement started by the people?

I must of missed it...but who made you King?

In many other threads he has proclaimed it.
Where have you been

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

If you present an opposing viewpoint always remember to keep in mind that the nation and her survival is conducive on the outcome of said dialog but any dialog must be presented in a mature, adult fashion and must never resort to name calling.

We are all in this together and the quicker people realize that the sooner we can firmly kick The SCUM to the curb.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

i thought this was a world wide forum , not an american only forum?

every country imaginable has been both praised and slated on ats ... man up and accept it, not everyone likes your country! (not everyone loves my country either, i feel your pain).

anti americanisim is completly acceptable if you read the kind of things america has done in and to other countries in the last 70 odd years, while the exact same can be said about my country, anti british sentiment is also completly acceptable, we may not like it but its the way it is.

also, do you realise how bloody ironic your little rant was, as an american you should have an affinity with everybody having their freedom of speech ... its in your constitution (!), yet you are ranting about how people should not be allowed to have their free speech, because its against america?? seriously wtf! ... thats pretty anti american sentiment from a pro american!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You just said not to resort to name calling....and then called some group of Americans "SCUM".

Again...remind us who this "SCUM" is please?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Actually I'm Canadian. I am a lifelong student of politics and history though. I am seeing an old friend going down a bad path. Total corruption in the gov't. Media manipulation to divide the people. Great nations seldom fell to outside forces. They fell from the inside and I'm seeing this. You want to fix this? Take all the federal politicians, media personnel and lobbyists, support the 2nd Amendment, lock them all together with firearms and the last person standing, shoot them and start fresh.
Or support a 3rd party.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The SCUM is the new name for TPTB as they are no longer deserving of such a title.

Read the following 2 threads for a further elaboration :

Proposal for new terminology when referencing certain groups!, All here can add their input to this so that we continue to remain on the same page. SCUM is an acronym that you can use your own words to fit the phrase!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

TPTB-Elite-NWO will now be known as SCUM!,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join