It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The unresolved and unaddressed problem of Anti Americanism on ATS!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think this is a bit paranoid,if people can actually come up with rationally formed opinions and criticism against the United States,it can only help to point out the problems and suggest fixing them.

And since when can't people express their opinions about countries and policies? Sounds like misplaced accusations to me...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I hate war and the fake warriors that claim to be freedom fighters. I hate the US marines in particular because they are the most violent despicable disciples of Satan. I hate this country and all its idiotic leaders. I'm not ashamed to be anti American. I am proud to be anti American. I say good riddance to thousands of troops who died for the Bush war's. They are in hell where they belong.

We can pretend America is great. Or we can review the literal history of this god forsaken racist republic. Isn't it funny how Americans find murder and rape heroic when it pertains to US military...But when another nation with a sovereign military decides to behave exactly the same way it will be deemed an act of obscenity.

I say from the bottom of my heart...Death to America!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Hmmm. Those are basically for etiquette. You know, civilized conversations? Debates. I do have to say its an honor that I am the FIRST(sorry, second) lol person you responded to
I would criticize your trolling creation of this thread, but that would be infringing on YOUR first amendment right. See how that works?

Ps would you not be guilty of this then possibly with this thread?

Text16d.) Forum Gangs: You will not engaged in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

edit on 20-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
The whole time that I've been coming here, there has been a blame the USA first crowd.
Many times, those people stretch my patience.

The US has done many things wrong but they also do many things right.

What county is always one of the first to offer aid when there has been a natural disaster?

How many countries have the equivalent of the USA peace corp?

We contribute to Doctors without borders to work in third world countries. Are we seeing the same thing from all these other innocent countries?

You could say they're doing all that because they might have an image to fix,but this isn't intended as an attack or anything.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Err, where? I havent seen any. But I have seen plenty regarding the criminal american government and the banksters. But nothing against American citizens.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by MrXYZ

If you saw a problem with The Israeli Govt and had an avenue to address it maturely you would be the adult and do just that and not see that as another chance to attack their Govt.

I have addressed it, multiple times

And what attack are you talking about? Who did I attack???

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I can trust in your judgement enough that if you saw something that I posted was in error that you would come to me as an adult to discuss the matter without going for my throat. Others just do not have that type of restraint and will use any lame arse excuse to attack, belittle and beride!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
As an American, I can completely understand the hatred and bashing of the U.S. political institutions. Why? Because of everything you stated in your OP. They Federal Government is no longer "American" as they do not care about the constitutional rights of their citizens or the human rights of any person for that matter. They care about making money for themselves and those who offer to take the bill for campaigning.

I mean.. Really? This post is honestly one of the prime reasons we get bashed as a country. Our Government is royally screwed two ways from sunday and we will never see a thriving America (as a country, not military power) ever again at this rate.

And to complete my post, the OP is EXACTLY what the institutions want, they want you kept in line and not asking questions or voicing your opinions. If you do, you're a terrorist.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

It's a hypothetical, nothing more, nothing less! I am not accusing you of attacking anyone so please do trust that this is not what I am trying to say!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger

I hate war and the fake warriors that claim to be freedom fighters. I hate the US marines in particular because they are the most violent despicable disciples of Satan. I hate this country and all its idiotic leaders. I'm not ashamed to be anti American. I am proud to be anti American. I say good riddance to thousands of troops who died for the Bush war's. They are in hell where they belong.

We can pretend America is great. Or we can review the literal history of this god forsaken racist republic. Isn't it funny how Americans find murder and rape heroic when it pertains to US military...But when another nation with a sovereign military decides to behave exactly the same way it will be deemed an act of obscenity.

I say from the bottom of my heart...Death to America!

Non-constructive and really silly post imo.

You are blaming an entire people for the acts of their politics...which is WRONG. There's some crazy people who actually support the things you accuse them off, but they're not the majority. So it's not fair you put them all in one hat.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

I can trust in your judgement enough that if you saw a problem with the nation that you wouldn't use that as an excuse to attempt to derail the nation and would be willing to work with those who you disagree with instead of using any excuse to attack the nation further!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
WE ALL SHARE THIS NATION AND BETTER START TO REALIZE THAT IT IS "US-V-THE SCUM"!

Nothing else matters but this. You don't have to always back the Govt all the time but never ever turn your back on your nation especially now when she needs us all to come together as the sooner we all realize this the faster we can kick all of these elements hell bent on destroying the nation via corruption, manipulation to the curb!

NEVER EVER TURN YOUR BACK ON THE NATION!
edit on 20-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I'm very pro-America, but not in the sense that your typical football/Fox News watching fool might see it as. I'm pro-American in the sense that I support the Constitution and the government that this country was originally intended to have. However I don't support a corrupt government that's been hijacked by bankers and other corporations controlling every part of our lives. I don't support any violations of the Constitution, endless wars, the Fed, and a lot of other things that the government is engaged in.

Criticizing the government doesn't make you "anti-American" at all.

“It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.”
-- Benjamin Franklin

‎"Today, they want you to believe that patriotism means that you support everything the government wants. A true patriot defends liberty and the people."
-- Ron Paul
edit on 20-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
To the OP ... I hear ya'.
There is valid criticism which is fine ... but I think you are talking about junk like this -
ATS Thread

There are 300,000,000 Americans. There are 2,100,000,000 people living in the Commonwealth under our glorious queen. If you wish to have a fight, please, make the first moves, but we will crush you like a paper cup, just like the Vietnamese crushed you, and the Cubans crushed you, and the Iraqis crushed you, and the Afghans crushed you, and the North Koreans crushed you, and the Chinese crushed you, and the Somalians crushed you, hell, even the Israelis crushed you. Have you ever realised that when they are alone, the Americans really are a weak bunch? Their military seems incapable of dealing with even the most basic of fighting forces in 3rd world nations

but hey ... they have a right to free speech ... even if it is borish and flat out wrong.

link   
Reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Who is "she" and what does "she" need?

You seem to be putting an awful lot of stock in a loose-knit conflagration of robber-barons and authoritarian tyrants.

The idea of a nation-state is obsolete. Such a foolish thing to be prideful of.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

We have gotten to the point whereas we are beyond criticism but certain elements would rather see us fall then to allow our great country to have a success story.

They'd rather see us burn down in flames and would rather pour more fuel on the fire instead of getting a fire extinguisher to help put it out.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Seems to me that there is just as much Anti-Worldism from Americans on ATS.

The we'll blow you up, turn you into glass,reduce you to the stone-age kind of thing, or the we are the biggest,smartest,greatest,best and your all dumb asshats kind of thing.

You know what..i shrug it off as the ramblings of stupid people.

Cosmic..

link   

Hmmm.....
Are you sure you are TheImmaculateD1?
This is a very elementary school, naive view you have. Tyranny happens everywhere, no country is exempt.

link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
There as of late has been a rash and a massive influx of Anti American sentiment on ATS by a few unnamed posters which is doing nothing positive nor constructive for anyone on this site as everyone comes here to debate the issues of the day and are intelligent, competent and proficient enough to be respectful to one another and know how to civilly conduct themselves but this new rise of Anti Americanism is not wanted nor is it needed here!

Yes...how dare people create and participate in "anti-American" threads and have perceived "anti-American" views when they should be contributing intelligently, competently and proficiently to the plethora of "anti-American Government" or "anti-American President" or "anti-American-Media(because they're not supporting Ron Paul who is clearly the reincarnation of St. Reagan)" threads.
edit on 20/12/11 by madhatr137 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

No, but I see where he is coming from. I am new here, first day as a matter of fact. I have been looking in topics that interest me. In those topics, I have never seen such hate for America, and Americans. You can say it is towards our Govt. but the comments say a different story.

"Another arrogant American"

THAT I AM NOT, but proud of my country I am. Have we made some mistakes... yes, but who hasn't?

People on here make us out to be baby killers, that do it for sport.

Who is the first to arrive after a disaster? If your country was invaded, imagine that warm fuzzy feeling, knowing that our Super carrier is half way there. Or when we pull our Navy Med. ship into port, and care for more injured in a day, than your biggest hospital can in a week.

Americans ARE America. We can not control every single move our Govt. makes. All we can do is vote with our hearts and hope that our "gut feeling" on a representative, was a good one.

Do we have a global agenda? Of course, just like any country does. Do we have a hand in setting up Govt. that are friendly to the US, of course, who wouldn't? Do you think we would be drug through 20+ years of war in the last 50, when they could have been done in 90 days?? You don't think we could have killed every last breathing organism in Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq??
Without nukes we could have killed everyone..... BUT we didn't, we had a plan. This plan was to better these countries. We put restrictions on our troops, that NO SOLDIER should have to follow, to protect the populations of these countries. This is in response to foolish people saying that America lost Vietnam and Iraq. It simply isn't true.

When it comes down to it, these men and women, are not part of this NWO. They are the boots on the ground. They save lives!! They are our brothers and sisters... Just like there are bad seeds everywhere, we also have some violent people in our military. They are weeded out, unfortunately, it is after a news story, spreads the story. Then ALL Americans are violent thugs.

I have seen our seals called an incompetent bunch of murders.... I have seen people say that America is failing, and will no longer be a super power. Either you do not understand the resolve of the American people, or you are letting wishful thinking slip through your lips.

"America would be squashed by China and Russia"

These words above are spoken out of emotion, not logic. Let me be very clear on one thing. You do not EVER want to see the day, that America has to fight for true survival. That is a fact!

Edit to add: Someone will surely think I am speaking about Nukes. I don't feel that nukes will ever be used by a Govt. or nation, against another nation. It will be a sneak attack by some religious fanatic.

"Without Nukes America would get exactly what it deserves"
Only a person, with a very limited knowledge of Military and strategy would say such a foolish thing.

Americans care about you and yours.... Americans are the highest donators of funds when TSHTF... Remember that.

edit on 20-12-2011 by InspirationalSlug because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join