It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new "Sky Sound" video

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The camera is clearly picking up the sounds of its surroundings. Where you are is clearly full of sounds and life. That is all it is. It’s obvious. It may even be the camera.

I just don’t watch/hear those videos and think paranormal, sinister or secret government ploy.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Now, I know I disregarded the 7.4 Hz, but....

Before I do anything else, I want to take that frequency to a slightly greater precision. The period found was 0.135 seconds (that's about as precise as we can get with that, from the provided graph alone). This gives a frequency of 7.40741 Hz. I know that teacher in high school who tried so hard to pound the concept of significant digits into your heads would kick me in the knees for taking that past 7.407, but they're staying. I'm a rebel, I know.
Also, if this actually does exist as a distinct frequency of the roaring sound, then it's probably the fundamental frequency, with all other frequencies arising from it. This is particularly important.

As I said, the peak frequencies of the ringing sound were 948, 1008, 1185 and 1304 Hz.
After some more math, we find that the greatest common (non-integer) factor of these is ~59.27. That means, 59.27 is the greatest possible value of a potential fundamental frequency of the ringing sound. Of course, it's possible that the ringing doesn't have a fundamental frequency, but, if it does, this would either be it or some integer multiple of it...and the fact that this number even exists is significant.

So, if 59.27 is the fundamental frequency:

948 Hz is the 16th resonance
1008 Hz is the 17th resonance
1185 Hz is the 20th resonance
1304 Hz is the 22nd resonance

But, 59.27 still may not be the fundamental frequency. It could be some integer division of 59.27.
So, look what happens when you divide 59.27 by 8. You get 7.40875.

In that case:

948 Hz is the 128th resonance
1008 Hz is the 136th resonance
1185 Hz is the 160th resonance
1304 Hz is the 176th resonance

Also, for the roaring sound:

134 Hz is the 18th resonance
155 Hz is the 21st resonance
148-147 Hz is the 20th resonance
137-130 Hz is centered on the 18th resonance

In short...
- the fundamental frequency of the ringing could be 7.40875
- the fundamental frequency of the roaring could be 7.40741

And this is very close to the Earth's fundamental Schumann frequency (~7.44 Hz).

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

If you read my posts, you'll see that I don't either. I stated over and over that I think it is atmospheric. But it is a sound I and many others haven't heard before. I can't say it isn't normal for sure, but if you weren't there you can't say for sure it is normal either. I am not jumping to any conclusions, but I do think it is something like I have never heard before. I know all the sounds of wildlife, and to my knowledge, nothing in the woods makes that sound
All I'm saying is it was unusual, and un nerving, not that it is "a sinister plot" or UFOS.....just that it is an ususual sound. It's something that if you haven't heard it, you can't really get the "feel" of it. If I find out it is something common place, I'll be the first to post it. You still haven't said what normal sound you think it sounds like. Here's the location:
Kitaschie National Forest in Central Louisiana....rural area, nearest "small town"is five miles away, and it's a "one redlight town LOL"......so no typical noises like in the city...a very peaceful and quiet area.
So, in that environment, what natural noise besides thunder (that lasts for 30 minutes?) do you hear that makes you say it is "everyday" noises? I would love it if you could elaborate on that, and even find some sound clips which you think this could be. Also, there is very little traffic here on the small road about 1/2 a mile away.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

WOW....thanks CL...but what does all this mean to the mathematically challenged?
Are you saying it could be sounds reonating from the Earth itself? As in earthquake sounds etc?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

The Schumann resonance is caused, mostly, by ELF radio waves produced by lighting, which "echo" around the planet between the ground and the ionosphere.
Of course, we can't hear radio waves, but if these radio waves could cause the air to vibrate, then they might produce the sounds you recorded - both the roaring and the ringing. How those radio waves could cause the air to vibrate, I'm not sure. ELF radio waves will cause charged objects to vibrate. That's why I suggested yesterday that it might have something to do with low-altitude ionization... if the air below the ionosphere is ionized (or otherwise charged) enough, sufficiently strong ELF radio waves might cause the air to physically vibrate at the same frequency.

Maybe.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Interesting! I really feel like this sort of thing is the most plausible explaination, as it's the only one which could occur anywhere on the Earth (that I can think of). Sort of like "ducting" but on a larger scale.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

CL (or anyone else)....just curious what you think of this.....be sure to read descriptions of the sound. It sounds much like my description....the deepness of it etc.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by CLPrime

CL (or anyone else)....just curious what you think of this.....be sure to read descriptions of the sound. It sounds much like my description....the deepness of it etc.

Sounds like CL has this figured out. Not being an expert on the effects of ionization of radio waves
& such, I did stumble across a site (sorry, no link yet but will soon!) that went into some detail concerning the Schumann Resonances & how the SR is being altered by humans, (radio, TV, cell towers, etc) but I didn't think the alterations of the SRs would be localized to any one area at a time, especially after viewing the map so I didn't bother posting. Guess I was wrong. CL's post is giving me a crash course in these matters.
edit on 23-12-2011 by don rumsfeld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

Please post it when you can....it is sounding like the most likely so far!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Just to let you know, I'm still around. I've been sick and a half since yesterday afternoon. Christmas-time diseases...they suck. I'll get back on this as soon as possible (if it hasn't been figured out already by then).

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Awwww I hope you feel better soon....no rush!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
CL

The Schumann resonance is caused, mostly, by ELF radio waves produced by lighting, which "echo" around the planet between the ground and the ionosphere.

Fascinating!

Superb work on the audio, as well, CL.
Speedy recovery to you, how ever your illness was borne.

StealthyKat, I'm with you on the whole thang.
And until a person experiences it for themselves, I guess...
We have planes trains & automobiles to distinguish this sound from.
We know this sound is different from the norm, as we seem both aware of our environments.
The fact we both heard it in the same timeframes, and our locales don't have any distinguishable connections, except that we're both on the NA continent, I also find interesting.

If it was the norm, it would not have been posted. Life is busy as it is, ya know? I know you do.
Thanks for keeping it on track!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Right! I wouldn't have taken the time to tape, upload post etc if I had heard it before.....and no one else would either. I have not heard it again since then either, but I'm ready if I do!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Oh....I just wanted to note that it was Flexy who cleaned up the recording....just so she gets proper credit

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Oh....I just wanted to note that it was Flexy who cleaned up the recording....just so she gets proper credit

oops -- thanks for that

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Yep...I stand on the backs of geniuses

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Heard a similar sound myself years ago, sometime around the mid nineties when I was living in Somerset (UK).
It sounded like a hot air balloon burner and was very loud, seemed to be coming from all around us and lasted for a good twenty minutes or so before stopping suddenly.
I had a good view of my surroundings and was able to rule out anything in the immediate vicinity.
Basically I think it was just a case of anomalous sound propagation through the atmosphere. That is to say that somewhere beyond my view there was a hot air balloon (a common sight in the Somerset skies that time of year) or some other aircraft, the sound of which was anomalously propagated through the atmosphere to my location.

I remember reading accounts, I think from the American Civil war, where people many miles from the battlefield could hear sounds of the fighting as if they were very close. The theory is that sound gets refracted from the stratosphere. There may also be something like a standing wave created whereby the sound is amplified at certain localities. Additionally, varying conditions in the atmosphere may act like a filter, attenuating or boosting different frequencies.

This pdf explains the theory starting page 17:

www.lochlyn.org...

I don't know if this explains what you heard, the sound on your video had more low frequency component than what I heard but otherwise was very similar.
Whatever the cause, it's an interesting and kind of exhilarating experience nonetheless, kind of like surround sound without being able to see the movie ;-)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by strelok72

You have just gave an EXCELLENT discription of the noise I heard! I said a giant blowtorch, but the hot air balloon is right on (pretty much the same thing)...and the "surround sound" Thanks!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Hey it's me! I am the guy who recorded this video. The video was taken while standing in my garage in Tipton County Tennessee. On Dec 5, 2011. I live in a rural area no factories, interstates, trains are near enough to make this sound at this volume. I was at home waitng on my insurance adjuster to arrive (leaky roof). So while at home I decided to clean the kitchen for my wife. Afterwards I decided to wash some of the clothes that had been piling up. As I started the clothes washer, I heard what sounded like water running. I thought that i had left the kitchen sink on and it was overflowing into the floor. I looked in the kitchen but the sink was off. About 10 minutes later I noticed the running water sound again. I was walking around the house looking to see if the kids had left the water running somewhere. As I came in the kitchen, I noticed that someone had started the dishwasher. So I just dismissed it at that. I went to my bed and laid down and noticed the sound of rushing water again. At that point I thought it was water overflowing from my gutters since it was raining. But because i had just cleaned the gutters several days before, I went outside to see where they were overflowing. When I opened my backdoor I heard a LOUD jet like sound. I actually thought at that time it was a jet. After about 5 min. the jet never passed by so I then thought maybe a tornado. But I had just checked the radar and no severe thunderstorms were in the area only light rain. Then I got scared. Fear hit me and I thought the rapture was happening and I was being left behind. I ran in the house and got my two oldest boys. We went back out on the deck and were all dumfounded by this loud noise. Because of the rain we moved to my garage. I grabbed the phone and called one of my friends. Got her voicemail and left a message of the noise on her vmail. Then I called another friend who lives about 10 miles north from me. He went outside but heard nothing. By then we had been hearing this for about 30 min. Thats when I grabbed my cell phone and started recording the sound. It got so loud at times that we had a hard time hearing each other. It was comming from the sky centered over my neighbors pasture. It sounded like standing next to a jet on the runway. It also sounded like wind blowing real hard up in the sky. There was no wind at ground level. It lasted about an hour althogh I seem to believe the water rushing sound I was hearing in the house was this sound as well so it may have lasted more than an hour. I heard the actual sound for about an hour I did not hear it start. Then it just stopped as if someone turned off a light switch. My brother says it sounds like the hurricane he was in a few years ago in Florida. I am wondering if it could have been the jet stream dipping low enough to hear. It was not a UFO, not HARP, not Mother Earth healing herself or any of that other nonsense. I expect that it was weather related or man made. I have only heard it that once. I am amazed however that this same sound is being heard and documented all over the world. I found alot of videos on strangesoundsinthesky.com that sound eerily like what I heard that day. Hopefully someone can explain.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerpal1966

Which video is yours? Thank you so much for sharing your experience...if you can post the video, please do!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join