It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new "Sky Sound" video

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

The problem with these types of sounds is that they are audible interpretations of inaudible electromagnetic frequencies. In fact, the same is true with the Schumann resonances, and the "Earth sound" video posted above. These aren't actual sounds.
If they are causing the rumbling, then something in the atmosphere must be converting these EM frequencies into audible sounds.

I must say, though, that listening to those whistlers and choruses was both creepy and cool at the same time.

That vibration in the air, but not from the ground, would be expected from the low-frequency (7.4 Hz) portion of the sound. What you hear is the high-frequency (90-100 Hz) portion.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by horselady

Yes PLEASE record if you ever hear it again. So since you have heard it.....you know why it's hard to describe then right? No paticular direction....just "all encompassing" and very annoying! Let me know if you hear it again. Are you anywhere near where the quakes have been happening in Texas?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

And you can prove this how? As I said, I am in the middle of nowhere. I can assure you, I know the sounds of everyday life, and I would not have bothered to waste time recording that. Thanks. This is the second time you stated that.... If you can elaborate and prove this is a normal sound....great. But please, if you are going to state it as fact, back it up...I'm open to any explanation....I'm not a ufo freak.....but I do know this is something that is not the norm. I'm not a teenage youtuber.....just putting out BS videos for fun.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

... just written a ton of text but had a page error, going to do it quick now

Alot of threads on this on ATS
my 4 conclusions was

*alien ships doing experiments and or direct manipulation with earths lifeforms

*Underground laser drilling/fraking for underground bases human and/or alien owned

*secret experimental aircraft invisible to our eyes

*earth being bombarded with unknown space material from blackhole from center of out galaxy

or santa

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Right....I just heard those and was amazed at how similar they are....just threw it out there to show why I think it is something similar in nature....but I'm no scientist

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Oh.....cool! I should have known that

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
It is very hard to tell with whatever camera your using, I'm assuming it is a cellphone because you can hear the audio phasing in and out and it is taking away from whatever sound you are hearing. Try using a different camera. I heard this once at my old house but it was late at night or I would have recorded it with my audio mixer.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Actually...if something in the atmosphere has a resonance of about 7.4–7.8 Hz, if that something is significantly ionized, and if the fundamental Schumann resonance happens to be strong enough, then it's definitely possible for that natural EM frequency to cause an audible, atmospheric sound on that same 7.4–7.8 Hz frequency. It's also possible, then, for that fundamental resonance to cause a secondary resonance of between 90 and 100 Hz (the 12th and 13th resonances of the fundamental 7.4–7.8 Hz frequency).

If these conditions were met, then, theoretically at least, you'd be hearing exactly what you're hearing.

ETA: as for the ringing, I've gotta get back on my other laptop, where I saved the file, to have another listen, but I suspect that it may be on yet another resonance of that same 7.4–7.8 Hz frequency. Or, it may be interference from the EM frequency, itself...which would be great if that could be confirmed.
edit on 21-12-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

The ringing jumps pretty randomly between about 1.0 and 1.1 kHz. I still say it sounds like EM interference.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

It is very hard to tell with whatever camera your using, I'm assuming it is a cellphone

It was a cheap vivtar vivicam 7022.....lousy camera.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Is there a way to confirm it? This is very interesting. I listened to every sound file I could think of on the internet, trying to find similarities. The ones that sounded closet were the magnetosphere sounds I linked you to, and also volcanic and earthquake sounds...sepecially the volcanic sounds. However, we don't have earthquakes or volcanoes here. We have had a FEW slight earthquakes, but they are extremely rare and when they did happen, very minor.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I doubt it's seismic or volcanic in nature. At the intensity people have been hearing this at, something like that would definitely be obvious.
I have two best-guesses: either it's atmospheric (what I suggested above), or it's manmade. It could be something as simple as an airplane. Though, I have no idea how an airplane would cause that ringing at the end, not to mention why this seems to be a recent phenomenon, but we've gotta leave it as a possibility.

Any way to confirm an electromagnetic source? I'm not sure. I'll have to think about it. I think what needs to be done is to capture as much high-quality audio as possible, as well as location, regional weather/atmospheric conditions, and things like that, to compare.
I think it's significant that scientists have been unable to identify the source. That suggests it might be more likely atmospheric, since that would seem to me to be much harder to pinpoint. Unless, of course, it's just a bunch of coincidentally rogue airplanes.
edit on 21-12-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I agree 100% with that....I know it means nothing, but my "gut" tells me it is atmospheric, as that is the only way to explain how it is heard in so many places very far from each other. Of course, as you said, not ALL these videos are a mystery sound. Some could be airlanes etc. Since this became a popular subject some every day things could be misinterpreted....(including mine. I'm just saying that I personally have never heard this before. Have you ever heard of "spacequakes"? I don't know if it could be related in any way or if they could be made audible somehow, but I remember reading something about it....I'll see if I can find a link. I don't think that they are volcanic or seismic either, because we don't have that here, but just wanted to give you an idea of what the sound is like. If you listen to recordings of those, you will know how it sounds....especially the volcanic sounds. I'll see if I can find that particular file for you, just so you know what I mean. It's that loud.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I find this, from the Wikipedia page on Plasma stealth, interesting:

A plasma will simply reflect radio waves below a certain frequency (which depends on the plasma properties). This aids long-range communications, because low-frequency radio signals bounce between the Earth and the ionosphere and may therefore travel long distances.

Given that this is an ELF sound, low-level atmospheric ionization could be part of the cause of this sort of effect. Resonance, ionization, electromagnetism-sound conversion - looks like I've got some physics to do.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
OK......THIS is EXACTLY how it sounded....I was looking for volcanic sounds to give you an idea of what I heard....but then I came across THIS. It is identical to what I heard! Start listening at 1:22. Now whether it is fracking or natural gas releases, I don't know, but this is almost identical to the sound! Now....my mind wanders back to the BP thing and something that crossed my mind before. What if what happened in the gulf did something to the geology which can cause gas vents to open up? Yeah, I guess that's "out there"....but I mentioned how it sounded like a "giant blowtorch".....like some pressure being released. I checked and don't see any operations very close, though there are some in this REGION. Does anyone know if pressurized gas can randomly erupt from the Earth that way? PLEASE....no vulgar jokes about gas

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
OK......THIS is EXACTLY how it sounded....I was looking for volcanic sounds to give you an idea of what I heard....but then I came across THIS. It is identical to what I heard! Start listening at 1:22. Now whether it is fracking or natural gas releases, I don't know, but this is almost identical to the sound! Now....my mind wanders back to the BP thing and something that crossed my mind before. What if what happened in the gulf did something to the geology which can cause gas vents to open up? Yeah, I guess that's "out there"....but I mentioned how it sounded like a "giant blowtorch".....like some pressure being released. I checked and don't see any operations very close, though there are some in this REGION. Does anyone know if pressurized gas can randomly erupt from the Earth that way? PLEASE....no vulgar jokes about gas

Bingo.
A lot of oil & gas deposits in that part of the state. I think it's being vented off or something & out in the sticks a loud roar like that will carry a long ways. You mentioned very small EQs there, probably the fracking?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Existing and potential fracking and natural gas sites don't seem to match where the sounds have been heard. Neither does seismic activity.
Here's a video showing global gas flaring sites:

Flaring doesn't seem to make much noise - especially not that deafening:

You say the sound of that blowout matches perfectly what you heard, but I'm still not sure it could possibly be loud enough to scare people like that.

Here are two controlled "blowouts", with and without a silencer:

Natural outgassing violent enough to create a sound that loud for that long should be noticeable.
And none of that explains the ringing at the end.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Well get on it CL
Seriously though, you have my interest now!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

Not sure, but they are very unusual here. The small one we had was in Clinton Louisiana last year. Clinton is north of Baton Rouge.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Ugggh that looks to be true. Damn....I thought maybe I had a definite answer.....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join