It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new "Sky Sound" video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Could it have anything to do with the sun, or with the Earth's magnetic field? I don't know too much about either, but my guess would be that they're interacting in such a way as to create this sound, kindof like how the northern lights are created,
I might be way off, but I'll just throw that out there for opinions.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I wish I could answer that question. I was hoping that someone comes across this thread who can analyze this and compare it with other sounds etc....I have no clue how to do it. I remember there was someone on ATS who was doing that at one point with another video, but I can't remember who...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
As StealthyKat might remember, I once uploaded a recording of the booming sound which I made around three months ago, here on the extreme east of the UK. I have heard the sound a few times since, but nothing too breathtaking. Then, about 10 days ago, I heard a whole new version of the sound. Again, I recorded it on my Zoom H2 audio recorder. StealthyKat's new thread has given me the impetus to post it for you all.

This sound is more metallic than the last. It sounds like an enormous drill being used badly. There were more overtones this time and it was a lot louder than I've ever heard it. It lasted for about half an hour, starting and stopping really abruptly. It was a very windy night here in Gorleston, Norfolk, that night. No-one reported anything at work the next morning, but then most people I work with live around 20 miles away from here.

Here is about 90 seconds of the sound, out of about 9 minutes I have from that night. In order to be able to amplify the sound (a 17dB boost) I have had to cut out some sounds where I was scrabbling around to plug in my earphones. Over the last five seconds or so, you will hear my boiler kick in, which is why I have had to use this relatively unsatisfactory sample. The breathing-type sound is the sound of the wind in the mic. The white noise-like sound is the sound of the wind in the leaves in an evergreen tree opposite me.

audioboo.fm...

I also selected 0.6 seconds, the clearest bit I had, to try to have a look at which frequencies this sound is built up from. The bars at around 1000 Hz and 2000 Hz look extremely unusual to me:

Here's a frequency analysis of that same 0.6 seconds, just in case it means anything to anyone:

If anyone would like WAV files to do their own analyses, then feel free to message me.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hi StealthyKat. I haven't heard "the sounds", but I've been following your threads with great interest. I found this article that might tie in to your sounds.

.... Another source of ground motion is the transfer of atmospheric acoustic energy into seismic energy at the Earth’s surface. Infrasound (low frequency sound below ~20 Hz) can travel great distances unattenuated in atmospheric ducts created by layers of slow sound speed. The infrasound wave field is rich due to a variety of anthropogenic and geophysical phenomena including earthquakes, volcanoes, landslides, meteors, lightning and sprites, auroras, and oceanic and atmospheric processes.

Source of quote

The article goes on to show a rocket launched from Vandenburg Air Force base causing seismic recordings 1500km away from the launch point. I had no idea 1) that sounds (that are so low that most people cannot hear them) could travel so far and 2) that the low frequencies could penetrate the ground enough to shake a seismometer!

So this got me thinking (oh no!
).
Many of the sounds reported are heard near the coast. Maybe people are intermittently hearing volcanoes from mid-ocean ridges underwater 1000's of kilometers away. Not probable, but maybe? Sound does carry remarkable well over bodies of water. I live on a lake, and can sometimes hear conversations, word for word, taking place about half a mile away.

Or maybe it's something like underground pipelines? They have pumping stations. Is it possible that the sounds travel through the pipes and into the air in certain areas under the right conditions?

My most wacky thought is about wireless communications. I sometimes try to imagine all of the invisible waves travelling through our atmosphere-what a mess! What if the massive increase in electromagnetic waves from cell phones and laptops are causing some waves to "bump" into the layers of sound waves referenced in the article I linked; somehow "knocking them into a frequency that we can then hear? I know I didn't explain that very well, and the physics of it are probably not possible...just a silly hypothesis.

I'm just throwing out ideas. Whatever it is, it's fascinating, and a little scary. Thanks for staying on top of this.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by causal

Hi! Yes, I do remember....I tried to listen to the clip, but it wouldn't work..I just reinstalled windows, so I may need to adjust things...I couldn't get any sound. How did you get those graphs? I mean is it some software that can be downloaded from the net?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

You know, I have heard about that. It's called atmospheric ducting. But you know, it's just so LOUD....that's what is hard to convey. It is just like you are standing next to a jet or something. Great post and very interesting! If you know of anyone who knows about disecting sounds, please send them here

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I'll bite...

I'd be happy to analyze the sound for you, but what would be the point? You now have some frequency and spectrum diagrams from another member using Cool Edit Pro. Just what does that tell you? What can you compare the sound to? IMHO, it just means that you've recorded something, it's there, and it scared your neighbors. Sound travels in mysterious ways, and does things that seem impossible. You need a source,..and a good quality field recorder to boot. You might want to ask Santa for that next Christmas, should you choose to dive further into field recording.

S&F...I love these strange sound threads! The Kiev video is not a hoax IHMO- just someone who's never heard a bunch of trashmen moving dumpsters before.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Here's the wav for you to download directly via megaupload.

I'm using CoolEdit Pro, which is a cheap, but not free piece of software. I have used a free piece of software called PRAAT before for frequency analysis, and I would recommend it. In order to do a worthwhile analysis, you will need a really clean sound. Most of the videos we hear are recorded on people's phones. They are indicative of what is going on, sound-wise, but I don't think I have heard many recordings I would want to analyse.

Also, I hasten to add, I have no idea what I am looking for. I do find it odd, on my frequency analysis, that we have peaks at exactly 200, 300, 600, 800, 1000 Hz though.
edit on 20-12-2011 by causal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

... just written a ton of text but had a page error, going to do it quick now

Alot of threads on this on ATS
my 4 conclusions was

*alien ships doing experiments and or direct manipulation with earths lifeforms

*Underground laser drilling/fraking for underground bases human and/or alien owned

*secret experimental aircraft invisible to our eyes

*earth being bombarded with unknown space material from blackhole from center of out galaxy

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuned Agent

Hey, I would love it if you could analyze it. I don't claim it's ufos or anything like that. The curious part is how many people have recorded it in various places and they all sound very similar. I'm just curious as to what it is. If you haven't heard it personally, how can you say you know it's a normal sound though? I'm not one to jump to conclusions, but I would like to know what it could be.....because I spent quite a bit of time trying to PROVE it was a normal sound, and i couldn't do it. I WANTED to debunk it. If you can analyze it, please do....the point of it would be to maybe rule things in or out. Why do you think just because someone posted a graph I wouldn't be interested?
Oh ....BTW I just happened to catch these....I wasn't out searching or trying to make pro recordings, that's why they are so crappy. It just happened and I recorded it with what I had.
edit on 12/20/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Hi Vandalour...well, I don't buy into the alien thing, no disrespect at all....I just think it is something natural, albiet unusual. Please don't think I don't respect your ideas, I just don't think that is the answer. It just feels to me like something of the earth.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

It just feels to me like something of the earth.

You should show these vids to the local old timers & get their perspective.
Also, are the oil deposits in your area somehow "connected" I guess is the word, to the BP spill site?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

Great idea Don....did you see that map I posted for you? About the oil connection thing, I don't think so, but I will have to check it out. The fracking is for natural gas, and those are in the shale deposits on ground....so it is probably something totally different (?) I'll try to find out though. Apparently, there is a large shale deposit in this general area so I'm going to explore the drilling and hydraulic fracking angle, as well as perhaps some sort of a natural gas release (by nature)....don't know if that happens or not...like a "gas geyser"?:lol
If you remember in my early posts, I said it sounded like a giant blow torch....and that is a perfect descrption of what it sounded like. You know how a big flame sounds? Magnify that sound and make it so loud you have to shout to talk.....and that's the noise I heard.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thought I'd throw this out there too. Seems there is some interest in the shale & Austin Chalk deposits in your region. Mundane I know, but something to consider.

Several energy companies have begun work in the area to explore the shale formation and drill for natural gas based on findings indicating a potentially large supply of gas trapped within some portions of the shale.
The most active areas have been Caddo, Bienville, Bossier, DeSoto, Red River and Webster Parishes

Source

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Freaky you that you posted that about the time I posted! There's some interest in that part of LA.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Right...that's what I was referring to...the Haynesville Shale deposit. I don't care if it's mundane... I would just love to know what I'm hearing. It was scary so I WANT it to be mundane
I wonder what kind of schedule they do this on though....I heard it in June, July, September and then just recently (December 11 I think), so not on a regular basis.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I was just going to say that.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
My best guess would be a Harrier Jump Jet or Joint Strike Fighter, Both of which have hover capabilities.

I was a temp at a defense contractor about 10 years ago that tested the engines for those things and it sounds very familiar.

Damned things loosened the lug nuts on my truck they were so loud and resonant!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Right...that's what I was referring to...the Haynesville Shale deposit. I don't care if it's mundane... I would just love to know what I'm hearing. It was scary so I WANT it to be mundane
I wonder what kind of schedule they do this on though....I heard it in June, July, September and then just recently (December 11 I think), so not on a regular basis.

I noticed it in June, and it was still rumbling on every now and again up to September or so, when it stopped. I noticed it again about 10 days ago, just like you StealthyKat. My experience is very similar.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IrVulture

You're right it does sound similar. I lived near BelleChase Naval Air Station for years so heard them a lot when they had airshows and all. But my location and the fact that it happened three times kind of makes me doubt. The first time it went on for almost an hour...one of the first paces i called was Barksdale AFB, and of course they said they had nothing up in this area.
They are in Shreveport, so a pretty good distance from where I recorded this in north central Louisiana. But who knows what's flying around....I didn't see anything though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join