It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new "Sky Sound" video

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Is it always cloudy like that when these sounds start up?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

Every time I've heard it! Strange, huh?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

Every time I've heard it! Strange, huh?

I'm thinking the clouds perpetrate the sound
over long distances.

Strange things afoot in Bayou country.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

That possibility has been discussed. It seems more likely that it's an atmospheric condition that usually causes clouds, such as a relatively large temperature difference with altitude. It doesn't always happen with an overcast/cloudy sky. Most of the time, but not always.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Hey CLPrime,I don't think I have shared this with you personally,it is a study done by this scientist personally dealing with this phenomena.

There are years of studies and experiments in this so enjoy.

www.btinternet.com...

The Hum is an enigmatic acoustic phenomenon first reported in Britain in the 1970’s and later in the USA in the early 1990’s. Hearers of the Hum usually report hearing a noise like a distant idling engine and usually although not exclusively in the night when it is extremely quiet. Some also report the noise as being difficult to screen out even using ear plugs and therefore capable of causing sleep deprivation, general annoyance and anxiety. There would appear to more outbreaks of the Hum being reported throughout the World in recent times so its emergence would appear in some way to map infrastructure development.

www.btinternet.com...

I feel that this maybe more line with what Kat has been experiencing,versus some of those fake one out there.
Maybe more like the Taos hum,which he addresses.
edit on 19-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

The paper discusses the background to the phenomenon known as the Hum. Spectral analysis plots of the acoustic spectra with and without the author’s subjective experience of the Hum are presented. In most cases the Hum in Bangor is manifest as a result of infrasound and low frequency acoustic sound, occasionally exacerbated by a magnetic component. Very subtle variations in the spectra such as tonal pulsation of selected components and wind and traffic noise can make a vast difference to subjective Hum perception even when all or most of the tonal components needed are present most of the time. An approximate acoustic calibration using a signal from a central heating pump is included.

I forgot to add the most important,the collection of scientific works.

Anthropogenic infrasound from infrastructure is usually be expected to be generated at or close to ground level and is a possible candidate also allowing propagation into multiple transmission media, so would seem to be a more acceptable cause for infrasonic Hum, but does not readily explain anecdotal reports of the Hum being momentarily altered by the passage of passenger planes. Unless, that is, some of this infrasound is being propagated very large upward distances and is then re-reflected which has been shown to be the case (Mutschlecner and Whitaker 1990). This fact has recently been re-asserted by Krasnov et al (2005) and has been proven experimentally by Koshovvyy et al (2007). The propagation of infrasound to earth from a natural source, the aurora, is known to be affected by the jet stream (Johnson 1976). Indeed some are intentionally experimenting by projecting high power synthetic and monochromatic infrasound into the ionosphere (Rapoport et al 2003). The present frequency of such experiments and how they might affect Hummers is not readily known. Whatever the sound source injected, effectively several channels exist for propagating infrasound from the Hum. These are seismic (refs) and airborne. Of the airborne channels, one can exist in the night-time boundary layer (Waxler) and it is also known that a further two higher channels for atmospheric ducting of infrasound exist, one in the stratosphere and one in the thermosphere (Gibson and Drob). It may be that to produce the pulsating effect of the Hum propagation between the source and the hearer has to be through more than one of these channels, with associated phase delays between them.

www.btinternet.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

That possibility has been discussed. It seems more likely that it's an atmospheric condition that usually causes clouds, such as a relatively large temperature difference with altitude. It doesn't always happen with an overcast/cloudy sky. Most of the time, but not always.

I've read that the Taos Hum is possibly from a Naval Research Center in New Mexico that uses radio waves to communicate with nuclear submarines.
If that's true & not speculation, maybe it's something similar?
edit on 20-1-2012 by don rumsfeld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

That's been discussed as well. Not specifically, but in general - the ability of radio waves to cause a physical vibration in ionized air strong enough to be heard. I could see radio waves causing a very mild hum, possibly, but I can't see how it could ever produce such a loud roaring sound.
edit on 20-1-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

No...No ufos here. At these moment, I am leaning toward your theory. It makes the most sense if it isn't fracking.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Yes Kdog! CL has almost convinced me it is atmospheric. I thought that from the beginning, but I didn't know enough about it to say for sure. Thankyou for that!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Right CL. I have heard it on sunny days, but it does seem to be louder on cloudy or cold days....which is why I thought it was atmospheric. Doesn't temperature also affect the way sound carries?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Yep, a link was posted earlier that said large temperate differences (such as temperature inversion) will reflect low frequency sound. And the second part of my experiment demonstrated that.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by CLPrime

Thanks CL! Yes, it does sound similar. The only thing is that what I heard started suddenly, lasted fro 30 to 45 minutes or so, and stopped abruptly, like a switch had been turned of (which BTW made me call airports and naval bases to see if they were testing engines etc....they said no) A flying aircraft wouldn't behave that way would it? Also, we did look at the whole sky searching for planes or jets, but didn't see any. If I ever hear it again though, I will be sure to include the horizon, because you never know. Spectacular, or mundane, I just want to know what it is

Hi Kat - thumbs up for recording this.

I just wanted to say are you sure it couldn't be a helicopter? I ask as they do, in my experience, suddenly appear and disappear. We live near a motorway accident hotspot and quite often the police helicopter arrives making no sound, circulates for anything from a few minutes to an hour. Whilst is it above it can be very loud the sound is also quite physical in that you can feel it. Then it goes away again quite speedily. It is almost like they have a stealth silent mode. We have visits at all times of the day and this sudden arrival is most obvious at night when there are no other sounds to speak of that would disguise it.

I am really in two minds about these sounds - they are very eerie and the whole world seems to be talking about them. They seem to be getting more and more frequent with more and more people hearing them and I really cant decide what they are - there are so many possibilities.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well, since I don't know what it is....I can't say 100% it isn't a helicopter. But I have heard them before and this was different. I have heard and recorded it several times, and once it lasted almost 45minutes. We called the airbase, the police, and we drove around....and never found anything.....but who knows? I'm just putting it out there. I almost wish I hadn't now though, because of all the fake ones.
ETA: It was as if you were standing next to a giant blowtorch....you know that sound? It was a deep roar.
edit on 1/22/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Have you made a diary of when you hear these sounds? Might be useful. Maybe add other details too like weather.

I listened to another video of a volcano erupting and that was very eerie and similar to these sound threads. Will have to look it up if you want a linky as I keep losing my internet connection. Very annoying esp when trying to watch the You Tube vids! It sounds like so many other things - wind turbines, etc. A part of me thinks it might just be that - something mundane, but another I wouldn't mind a little mystery. This world feels very dull at times, like its lost its spark and I wish there was something more... that was real.

Just had another thought for the diary - people (with ages) and animals who are present. I say this as children and adults ad animals hear different ranges so it might help.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
No I haven't, but it's a good idea. I love a mystery too, but I am at the point where I WISH it were proved to be something mundane
CL Prime has a very good theory earlier in this thread....check it out. I am leaning toward that as an explanation as of now.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hi Stealthykat. We have the sound here on the east coast of the UK tonight. I just wondered whether you were hearing anything at the moment. It's been quiet since I last posted here, and since we were pretty much synchronised in when we heard the sound before, I wondered if we were again.

It's quiet tonight, a rumbling, air rushing sound, very much like when I first heard it last summer.
edit on 23-1-2012 by causal because: misspellings

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Hi StealthyKat, to let you know, the sounds are still around here. No trumpets tho, as I've seen in some videos posted from the area. I don't know, been listening closely to the skies here for weeks & months, the trumpet sounds, have not heard. But jet-like sounds, yes, still.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by causal

I have not heard it since the last recording....but I'm listening and will be ready if it comes back.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Wow....did you record that? It is very similar to what I heard....

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Yep, its the same sound I've been talkin' about all this time.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join