It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new "Sky Sound" video

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

EXCELLENT work CL! So....that must account for many of the sounds! I REALLY appreciate you taking the time to do all that. I think that may very well be the case in areas where there is fracking going on. The only thing is that in my case, I have recorded it on both cloudy and sunny days.As you know, from listening to the recordings, there seems to be (at least I think so) , a couple of different variations of the sound. Or they could be totally different sounds. I think your experiment accounts for a good chunk of them. Now, we have to work on the rest......do you think any of them could be siesmic?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
i was wondering if the clouds would have an effect on the sound.... this has all been so interesting. i didn't know much about fracking before reading all this sound stuff. i'm glad i read about it... but it has me pretty freaked out. if the fracking sites are increasing at the rate i think they are we could be in serious trouble pretty soon. you just can't remove that amount of stuff from under the earths surface without BAD things happening.

not to mention the massive amount of toxic water that's going to contaminate the water coming into our homes.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Yes....but there are beginning to be SO MANY of these reports...more new threads today. They are coming from all over the place. The fracking sounds logical, but just when I start to think that is an answer, more reports from new places come up, and makes me wonder. This can't ALL be fracking, unless they are fracking the whole world *pulls hair out*

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I have to admit - as logical as the fact that a few could be fracking sounds - I am with you, too many, too widespread, for it to all be down to fracking - so it still is a mystery IMHO.
Do you have links to the new threads? I would like to ask the people to add to my spreadsheet - its got a few entries in now..

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

That's not what I was thinking of...but maybe I have more than one Hannibal habit. Now there's a thought to help me sleep at night.
Actually, I like not blinking for a while, for dramatic effect. Anthony Hopkins only blinks once or twice in the entire movie.

What I'm thinking is the cause of the sound confinement is more of a large temperature differential, rather than clouds specifically - which is what I tested in the second part of my experiment (the ability of a large temperature differential to reflect and amplify sound). Clouds really aren't anything physical to bounce sound off of. And there can be a significant atmospheric temperature difference without there also being clouds.
I would blame temperature changing rapidly with altitude.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Remember the scene when Clarice first goes to see him? That's exactly how he was standing in his cell ( like your avatar
Back on topic....Neysa started a thread with all the links to the sound threads to make them easier to find (still in progress)....maybe that will help for those who want to research. I got no response from my requests to the board business forum
Here's her thread www.abovetopsecret.com...
Thanks Neysa!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

I keep going back and forth between fracking and arcing. I mentioned last night that the biggest difference between the fracking sound and the roaring sound is the spread of the frequencies (the fracking is grouped within a certain frequency range, while the roaring is spread out and only peaks at specific frequencies). Weeelllll, I had an idea this morning. If the sound from the fracking site is being reflected off the cloud cover, then it might be getting amplified at those specific frequencies by the Earth's Schumann resonances. It might be a superposition of the two. That would lead to the spread of the fracking sound being amplified at the specific frequencies we're seeing.

When I get the chance (probably tonight), I've got an experiment I want to try. I have an idea....
edit on 11-1-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

Nice work CL! I'm losing track with all the threads on this subject & I posted this in one of them:

Notice how it's situated. That roar must be echoing through that valley & heard for miles around. Throw in some clouds, atmospheric effects on the sound waves over distance & viola, one creepy sound.

Poor woman has this racket practically in her front yard.
edit on 12-1-2012 by don rumsfeld because: oops!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Nice work,CL!

I have another for you,though.

Atmospheric ducting.Which is the same principle,but a better explanation.

What do you think.

Amateur radio operators are very familiar with atmospheric ducting or “skip” as we call it, which (with the help of the ionosphere when the sun is cooperative) enables some very long distance radio communications well beyond line of sight. The same sometimes holds true for loud audio, such as thunder or sonic booms. See my descriptive graphic below the “continue reading” line.

wattsupwiththat.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I have researched this SOUND for two years. I am in the south part of mississippi....not far from Louisiana at all. I have been recording all the data I can. I for one do not believe this sound comes from fracking. All my data says too many variables involved to be fracking.

If you want to really get an idea of some weird coincidences with this sound. Record your local news broadcast weather reports. Then go back and look at the how many lightning strikes there were near the time of the sound. Allow a 24 hour window. The lightning strikes are off the charts when it rains within 24 hours of this sound happening. Not to mention almost every time this sound is heard, it rains within 24 hours. Or look at the radar and see the anomalies for yourself. Sometimes the weather "front" falls apart in the area the sound comes from.

Want to see something weird, use a compass when this sound is happening. Or use a old cb radio. There is something more here than fracking.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWasher

Have you any sound files that xterrain could analyse? He is currently the last poster on My thread

It seems we have a wealth of information, maps, videos, data but no one can get it all in one central location ( ie new threads and new members posting each time) so we cannot see the big picture.

How on earth can we collate it all?? any ideas?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Ducting is an EM phenomenon (as it says, handy for long range radio communication). This is the principle behind the Earth's Schumann resonance -- the fact that the ionosphere ducts mostly ELF radio waves, which then circle the globe at specific frequencies (the fundamental being ~7.48 Hz, for a wavelength equal to the Earth's circumference).

Obviously, EM waves are inaudible. I was considering the possibility that these ducted waved may be causing physical vibration, which we are perceiving as sound, but I don't think it's very likely. The EM waves would have to have a ridiculously large amplitude to create such an audible vibration in the air.

What I'm suggesting (and attempting to evidence with my experiment) is the ducting of sound. It's the exact same principle, just with sound waves instead of radio waves.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I am a new member to this site, and it may take a while to get everything figured out.. but I have done some analysis on several of the videos on the net concerning the "sounds". It makes it easier to define the unique ones vs. those that have been copied and dubbed over new video. This is the first actual footage of a fracking site that I have seen. I will do some analysis and define the signature of the process and compare it to the OP's video. It will give some clues..I'll be back in a while..if I can find this again. lol

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ih823putt

Great! Thanks! I am getting really sick of all these fakes! Let me know what you find out ok?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
OK, for what it's worth, the fundamental frequencies of your recording do not match those of the fracking video. I used software to autocorrolate the signals (that is to emphasize the elemental frequencies that are producing the harmonics within the sound) I then processed the result to produce a FFT spectrum of both signals. By stacking the signals over top of each other, you can see the differences between the two. All of your recordings seen to have a rhythmic "woosh" going on, which could not be heard in the fracking recording - even when filtered. There is not a lot of "noise" in either of the recordings..that I would expect to see if the sound that was recorded was being reflected off of clouds or a temperature inversion (it would show up in the FFT's a baseline signals around the primarys spikes)
So here go's

Your first recording on this post:

Fracking Recording from this thread:
i1109.photobucket.com...

A stack of each signal, yours is on top:

i1109.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ih823putt

Wow! Thanks for that! So it's not fracking? Any ideas what it COULD be? I have had several people analyze it, and they have said what it isn't.....but no one seems to know what it IS. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Though, I explained that it still could be fracking, and I explained why the sound would have been altered. If that hasn't been forgotten.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

No....I didn't forget CL....I did some checking, and the nearest fracking to this location is the Haynesville Shale arae. I thought it was closer, but it is in the North west corner of Louisiana...too far from me. So I guess it's back to square one. ugggh

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Hmm...back to hovering UFOs?
That was my second choice.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I finally managed to get a recording!! YAY me!

Anyway, the sound is not as loud as it sometimes is, but does grow louder and softer as usual. Oh yeah, try not to let the woodpecker scare the crap outta you when he decides to sing out!

The other sound is my 5 yr. old throwing bricks into a pile!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by CLPrime

No....I didn't forget CL....I did some checking, and the nearest fracking to this location is the Haynesville Shale arae. I thought it was closer, but it is in the North west corner of Louisiana...too far from me. So I guess it's back to square one. ugggh

As I said in the PM I sent I'm giving those another listen
& re-thinking my stance on the source. It would be interesting
to have a look on GE in your general area.

In your 2nd video near the end I picked up on a tuba-like sound.
Is that part of the steady rumble or something else?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join